PDA

View Full Version : Pizza Bob Needs Help!

Barbara
04-05-2005, 10:19 AM
<font color="blue">Pizza Bob just emailed me and he needs help.</font color>

Barbara:

Can't post on the CCB from work since I got this new computer. Here's the message I get:

The host you are trying to send the input from is not a valid host

Here's what I wanted to respond to SPetty's inquiry about the Smart Shaft, under the Squirtless Shaft thread:

SPetty:

Bill Stroud designed it and is helping in the marketing. Not sure where it is being produced, but it is being distributed through Atlas Billiard Supply, I think.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

<font color="blue">Anyone have any idea what's going on? TIA!

Barbara</font color>

BlindPlayer
04-05-2005, 10:46 AM
Where I work - if I'm on a website that offers a space to reply or "contact us" I get a similar message.

What I have to do here is write down (or "copy") the Email address - go to my company's site that HAS Email (incoming and outgoing) and originate the letter from there.

HTHs

highsea
04-05-2005, 10:47 AM
Hi Barbara,
His Norton/Zone Alarm is making the board software groan.

Check this thread:

http://www.billiardsdigest.com/ccboard/showflat.php?Cat=&amp;Board=npr&amp;Number=116929&amp;Forum=np r&amp;Words=firewall&amp;Match=Entire%20Phrase&amp;Searchpage= 0&amp;Limit=50&amp;Old=allposts&amp;Main=116730&amp;Search=true#Po st116929

Barbara
04-05-2005, 10:52 AM
Hey thanks highsea!

Pizza Bob - you got this?

Barbara

Rich R.
04-05-2005, 10:54 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote highsea:</font><hr> Hi Barbara,
His Norton/Zone Alarm is making the board software groan.
<hr /></blockquote>
That is most likely the problem.
That is the message I get, when I try to post from my home computer. The only way I have been able to get around it, is to disable the Norton, post the message and then enable the Norton again. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

highsea
04-05-2005, 10:56 AM
No prob. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

It's an http_referrer issue. Kind of a PITA. Lol. He just needs to unblock the referrer for BD in his Norton SW.

highsea
04-05-2005, 10:57 AM
Rich, you never got that fixed??

Pizza Bob
04-05-2005, 03:17 PM
OK, I'm home and posting from here is no problem. Thanks to Barbara and all those that responded. I fiddled a bit, but to no avail - you all may just have to wait until I get home at night for my pearls of wisdom &lt;g&gt;. I may get a guy in our IT department to sort it out, but it will have to be on the DL. We'll see how it plays out. Oddly enough the PM function is unhindered. Thanks again.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

landshark77
04-05-2005, 08:16 PM
Maybe this might help??
http://www.the-cloak.com/anonymous-surfing-home.html#

hit the surf button on the left and enter the addy to this page.

Rich R.
04-06-2005, 03:38 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote highsea:</font><hr> Rich, you never got that fixed?? <hr /></blockquote>
Nope, never got it fixed. I tried working around it, using different settings in Norton, but nothing worked. I just got tired of trying.

It's funny, whatever the problem is, it won't let me post to the CCB or IP, but it doesn't seem to affect AZB. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Only 5%, or less, of my computer time is at home, so it was not worth losing sleep over it.

Eric.
04-06-2005, 08:30 AM
Heya Bob,

It might have something to do with your corporate firewall too. I don't know much about these issues, but I do know that in order for me to post from work, I had to bring in a personal laptop computer and use dial up on my fax line. This is the only way I can screw off while at work /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Eric

Rich R.
04-06-2005, 10:52 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Eric.:</font><hr>This is the only way I can screw off while at work /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif <hr /></blockquote>
I am soooooooo sorry. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif