PDA

View Full Version : The Virgin Birth of Christ

BlindPlayer
04-05-2005, 10:22 AM
As I was studying in preparation to debate "Right to Life" at Vassar College of NY when something amazing occurred to me.

Part of my study included understanding the miracle of the "Placenta" in the woman's body. In the Placenta food and waste is transfered by Osmosis to and from the mother's blood vessels to the baby's blood vessels. The blood vessels do NOT connect but co-habitate in the Placenta. This makes it possible for the baby's blood type to be different than the mother's. But more importantly, since the baby's DNA is a mix with the father's the fetus would be naturally aborted if it were not for the miracle of the Placenta.

Any doctor would tell you that you cannot transplant an organ into a patient if the DNA and blood type are not as exact as possible. Twins make the best donors.

Now to the baby Jesus. Some Old Testament Theologians believe that the Adamic Nature (the sin nature of Adam and Eve) is passed on through the blood. Hench, "all have sinned". Is it possible that the miracle of the Placenta was created by God for a higher purpose? Is it possible that the Placenta was designed to isolate the baby Jesus and prevent His Holy Blood from being contaminated?

His blood needed to be pure to accomplish the Atonement of mankind.

One general rule of preaching is (but not always obeyed) is that you shouldn't teach what you can't support from Scripture. So I don't teach this but share in as a "mind teaser".

Deeman2
04-05-2005, 01:12 PM
I think trying to prove or disprove the bible is a fruitless attempt given that science and the realm of belief are not well suited for comparisons. While i am not a dogma nut on religeon, I just have my personal faith in what I believe and don't go hunting for Noah's Ark or wondering about an immaculate conception.

I think there have been many valid attempts to do this but the very institutions that will accept black holes and conflicts in quantum mechanics want tangible proof of a God are not exactly arenas that will accept anything shy of the second coming as proof of God.

If you believe in God, do it as a matter of faith, not as a scientific research project.

Deeman
victim of one too many alien abductions...

BlindPlayer
04-05-2005, 02:41 PM
If you read what I wrote carefully you'll see that I'm not trying to prove or disprove anything from the Bible. That's why this is something I don't teach from the pulpit.

I choose to believe what I wrote because it makes sense to me and the Holy Spirit within me has given me great comfort when I think about it. Usually when I'm off base I get a pit in my stomach - no peace at all.

At the end I state that this is just a brain teaser for those interested. That's all.

I purposely put this in the non-pool related forum to avoid the sharp criticisms that I've seen others take when posting non-related items even if it's not religion.

After reading this and the original I hope you come away with the impression that this IS a matter of faith.

I'm hoping that this new thought might be a blessing to others in the same camp of belief.

GreenLion
04-05-2005, 05:30 PM
Its neat How Science is beginning to explain how God did some of the things he did, and also As our knowledge of science increases its showing more and more proof that thier is a devine Creater.Of course God created science so he does not have to follow the laws of science if he didnt want to.Good insight on the virgin birth Blind Player!

Popcorn
04-06-2005, 02:12 AM
"Any doctor would tell you that you cannot transplant an organ into a patient if the DNA and blood type are not as exact as possible. "

I wouldn't think this is not exactly true. What would DNA have to do with it?

Deeman2
04-06-2005, 06:01 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote BlindPlayer:</font><hr> If you read what I wrote carefully you'll see that I'm not trying to prove or disprove anything from the Bible. <font color="blue"> I didn't say you were but, like you, making an observation. I just feel the moves lately to put everything into a scientific perspective is a little of an insecurity with some's faith. </font color> That's why this is something I don't teach from the pulpit.

I choose to believe what I wrote because it makes sense to me and the Holy Spirit within me has given me great comfort when I think about it. <font color="blue"> If this belief makes you feel more devout, that's fine. </font color> Usually when I'm off base I get a pit in my stomach - no peace at all. <font color="blue">Let your heart not be troubled. </font color>

At the end I state that this is just a brain teaser for those interested. That's all. <font color="blue"> That's all it was taken as. I just don't happen to believe little nuggets like this are needed for faith. </font color>

I purposely put this in the non-pool related forum to avoid the sharp criticisms that I've seen others take when posting non-related items even if it's not religion. <font color="blue"> As well you should. The CCB is for pool related subjects and not for politics or religeon. </font color>

After reading this and the original I hope you come away with the impression that this IS a matter of faith. <font color="blue"> Didn't need to as I had that impression already as expressed in my post. If you post a topic, don't be offended, especially if it has some controversy, if someone makes a remark or two that is not exactly what you wanted. That is what a forum is for. This is not a pulpit. While you can state your beliefs, be ready for a few off topic comments. I don't especially disagree with your post, just wanted to add my feelings about the subject. </font color>

I'm hoping that this new thought might be a blessing to others in the same camp of belief. <font color="blue">I'm sure it was. </font color> <hr /></blockquote>

Deeman

BlindPlayer
04-06-2005, 06:06 AM
Thanx Deeman2 for your kind reply. I guess I did take your response the wrong way after all.

God's Richests Blessings!

BlindPlayer
04-06-2005, 07:40 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Popcorn:</font><hr> quote
"Any doctor would tell you that you cannot transplant an organ into a patient if the DNA and blood type are not as exact as possible. "

I wouldn't think this is not exactly true. What would DNA have to do with it? <hr /></blockquote>

I'm clearly not an expert - but I know that when just the blood type is a match anti-rejection drugs must be used because the rejection rate is high.

Doctor's look for a family member because their DNA is more "akin" (like that choice of words?) to theirs. That's why a twin is the best possible donor on the planet.