PDA

View Full Version : Where has the sledgehammer been made?

littleCajun
04-05-2005, 11:43 AM
According to Mikes web site the Sledgehammer II is now American made. Where has the sledgehammer been built?

Jimmy B
04-05-2005, 01:49 PM
They have been making them in Japan, the same place they make the Fury cues from what I hear.

JB

Cane
04-05-2005, 02:19 PM
I have a picture of one that was shipped from a well known billiards supply house that still had the "Made In China" sticker on the sleeve. There are a lot of people doing that... having them made for 10 or 15 bucks in China, selling them to us for $300. I'm glad to see McDermott is going to be making them in Wisconsin... Sorry, but I don't like feeding the outsourced companies money that might deprive an American Rodmaker from making a dollar.

later,
Bob

Jimmy B
04-06-2005, 01:08 AM
Japan, China, all those countries look the same to me.

JB

catscradle
04-07-2005, 04:14 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Cane:</font><hr> ... I'm glad to see McDermott is going to be making them in Wisconsin... Sorry, but I don't like feeding the outsourced companies money that might deprive an American Rodmaker from making a dollar.

later,
Bob <hr /></blockquote>
I'm in 100% agreement on this statement.

On a side note I've been noticing lately that those little patches the APA hands out (9 on break, 8 on break, etc.) have a nice little sticker on the back saying "Made in China". Isn't that the AMERICAN Poolplayers Association, 75% of who's members are working class Americans, some of who have probably been put out of work by cheap foriegn labor.
BUY AMERICAN (while you still can).