PDA

View Full Version : Any one seen Ball Busters on Game Show Network?

BigRigTom
04-06-2005, 07:47 AM
Has anyone seen this show?
It is supposedly airing now but I have not been able to find this show on the schedule here in Southern California and I have Direct TV. The couple of times I thought it was supposed to be on according to an article on their web site a different game show was on instead. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

littleCajun
04-06-2005, 08:14 AM
The name may have changed again. According to the production companys web site, it may be called Ball Breakers now. Here is there link.

http://sokolobl.com/home.htm

The game shows network website does not mention anything about air time yet.

BigRigTom
04-06-2005, 08:20 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote littleCajun:</font><hr> The name may have changed again. According to the production companys web site, it may be called Ball Breakers now. Here is there link.

http://sokolobl.com/home.htm

The game shows network website does not mention anything about air time yet.
<hr /></blockquote>
Yep ...you are correct the name is really "Ball Breakers" and I guess the 1st show hasn't aired yet...at least not here in Southern California.

If anyone is interested here is an excerpt from that web site mentioned above....
SokoLobl Entertainment has just finished production on our newest show,
BALL BREAKERS, a 9-ball pool series featuring top pool sharks who will participate in winner-takes-all episodes for $20,000. Scheduled for a 13-week run and hosted by Sal Masekela (X Games), the series will also include two celebrity episodes with some of Hollywood's top pool players competing to earn money for their favorite charity. Co-hosts include professional pool star Ewa Mataya Laurence and Adrienne Curry, winners of America's Next Top Model.

ceebee
04-06-2005, 11:25 AM
I can only Hope the show will be picked up by my local cable company.

I'd also like to see some genuine 4 &amp; 5 speeds play for some money on TV, imagine the hilarity of that scenario. Once in a while, a good laugh is great. Imagine the great amount of people that could identify with that pool game.

christopheradams
04-06-2005, 01:35 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote BigRigTom:</font><hr> Has anyone seen this show?
It is supposedly airing now but I have not been able to find this show on the schedule here in Southern California and I have Direct TV. The couple of times I thought it was supposed to be on according to an article on their web site a different game show was on instead. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif <hr /></blockquote>

I read a press release that had June for an estimated first episode.

BigRigTom
04-06-2005, 03:08 PM
My wife and I went down to the studios in Hollywood and watched the taping of what I thought was the last episode. Maybe it was the last of the 1st season...anyway....it was the celebrity match for charity. The four celebs were Lou Diamond Phillips, Tia Carrera, Cameron Mannheim and Eric Roberts. Then only one who looked like he had really played before was Lou Diamond Phillips and he did manage to win the $20,000 for his charity, Tia did ok but Cameron and Eric looked pretty lame. Then each of the other celebs were also given $10,000 for their individual charities plus each of the 4 got a brand new $8000 Brunswick pool table as a thank you for appearing on the show.
Not a bad deal for all concerned.
It was also fun to watch, even though they were not pros.

landshark77
04-06-2005, 08:43 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote BigRigTom:</font><hr>

the series will also include two celebrity episodes with some of Hollywood's top pool players competing to earn money for their favorite charity.
************************************************** ********* <hr /></blockquote>

Ah, Hollywood has top pool players??? I didn't realize there was alot of pool action there. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

nhp
04-07-2005, 04:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Ah, Hollywood has top pool players??? I didn't realize there was alot of pool action there. <hr /></blockquote>

Oh yeah, big time action. Toby Maguire gave Brad Pitt the 7 ball and beat him for 10 million. After the match, Brad, who for some reason was still dressed as Athena, gave a mighty war cry and thrust his broadsword at Toby. Toby jumped up on the wall and then to the ceiling like a spider and just stayed there until Brad calmed down. A few tables over, Deniro and Jamie Foxx had barely started the first game when Deniro, after missing the 1-ball, pulled out a pistol and blasted the ball to smithereens. Jamie ran over to the piano and played a magnificent song, and Deniro seemed to cheer up a bit.

cycopath
04-07-2005, 07:36 AM
Wow, sounds pretty scary there.

I think I'll stick to my local PH, with crooks, conmen, drug dealers and the sort.

Scott Lee
04-07-2005, 10:30 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote nhp:</font><hr> After the match, Brad, who for some reason was still dressed as Athena, gave a mighty war cry and thrust his broadsword at Toby <hr /></blockquote>

Nate...Hate to burst your bubble, buddy, but Brad Pitt played Achilles, not Athena! LMAO

Scott ~ knows what you meant though!

pooldawg
04-11-2005, 01:43 PM
I watched the pilot of this show which they renamed to BallBreakers No Limit 9 Ball. Its an interesting concept, but the play was a bit rough (scratching on the break, lots of slop... things of that nature). Basically, there were 5 players, each starting with $5k. They'd bet on games and place side bets until one person finished with all the cash.

It could catch on if they market it correctly and get an audience for it. The goal is for it to be to pool what WSOP is for poker. If they can get some known players to participate, its got a shot.

From what I understand, the show will be airing on GSN (Game Show Network).

Mike