PDA

View Full Version : The deletion of my Post????????????????

Gayle in MD
04-07-2005, 04:12 AM
Can anyone figure this out? CCB administration has deleted my post about attending the workshop in NYC? Just look at the posts here on this page regarding Pool tables, cues, lessons with Allison and Gerda' pool school, why would they completely edit out the entire post about a subject which is discussed on here all the time. do they really think that Gayle in Md., is in business with Karen Coor, Julie Kelly and Fran Crimi? This is truly one for the books!

Gayle in Md.,

pooltchr
04-07-2005, 04:24 AM
It doesn't make much sense to me. I think the subject matter is something of interest, pool related, and the kind of thing I personally like to know about, even if I might not be in a position to attend.
Go figure!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif
Steve

Gayle in MD
04-07-2005, 04:36 AM
I think it's absolutely outrageous, when there are other posts here that are practically identical, regarding everything from tables to pool schools to cue sticks, chalk, expos, we do this all the time here, I am waiting for an explanation to my response to their PM to me about it. If we can't discuss industry products among ourselves as consumers, then that should be stated, NO DISCUSSIONS OF PRODUCTS SOLD IN THE BILLIARDS INDUSTRY ARE ALLOWED! LOL, /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif I may have to consult with a legal advisor on this one.

Gayle in Md, /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

pooltchr
04-07-2005, 05:35 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> I may have to consult with a legal advisor on this one.

Gayle in Md, /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif <hr /></blockquote>

I think that might be the wrong track to take. BD owns the site, and has total control over the content. Perhaps a better direction would be to appeal to their sense of what is right.
You catch more flys with honey than with vinager!
Steve

Deeman2
04-07-2005, 05:41 AM
Gayle;

IN all fairness, it does seem strange that they are not too quick to delete the "Money gor Nothing- Paypal" and other such garbage posts. It would seem one for a pool related theme would be cut a little slack.

Deeman
agreeing with Gayle too much lately...

Gayle in MD
04-07-2005, 05:50 AM
Thanks for the advice friend. I'm only interested in knowing what "Law/Rule" I have broken. I'm not looking to get anything from CCB, just informing my fellow posters about an available product, and sharing my excitment about attending, it's done here everyday.

In their answer to my return PM, they are telling me that it doesn't matter if you are involved with the product or not, that if it doesn't come up in normal conversation, it is considered a commercial post. What is normal conversation? We discuss billiard related products here all the time. Apparently, according to the administration, someone complained, another instructor, maybe,....perhaps one who sees Fran, Julie and Karen as a threat?

I don't get it... /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Gayle in Md.

Gayle in MD
04-07-2005, 06:02 AM
LOL, yeah, well this could turn into a habbit for us you know, LOL.

Seriously, what is a commercial post, and how is my post more commercial than one, just for an example, "Randy's Pool School" which I have seen here, or "A Case for BCA Instruction" or "Morri Tiips" "Sledgehammer" or the one about Allison and Gerda's pool school. Dr. Dave advertizes his website here all the time, where products are sold, I think. I don't see how my post is even AS commercial as many many others I see here, do you?

Gayle in Md.

Gayle in Md. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

randyg
04-07-2005, 06:22 AM
Amen girl....SPF-randyg

Wally_in_Cincy
04-07-2005, 06:25 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr>
....how is my post more commercial than one, just for an example, "Randy's Pool School" which I have seen here, or "A Case for BCA Instruction" or "Morri Tiips" "Sledgehammer" or the one about Allison and Gerda's pool school. Dr. Dave advertizes his website here all the time, where products are sold, I think. ... <hr /></blockquote>

and that's just scratching the surface /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I agree. Deleting your post was totally uncalled for. People like to hear about upcoming clinics and such.

Gayle in MD
04-07-2005, 06:26 AM
Hi Randy,
Did you get my e-mail about Rockville Poolschool? Opps, can I ask that here, LOL. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Gayle in Md.

Gayle in MD
04-07-2005, 06:29 AM
Hi Wally,
That's just what I thought??????? /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Gayle in Md.

Scott Lee
04-08-2005, 03:56 PM
Gayle...For the life of me, I cannot figure out why they would delete your post about this upcoming pool clinic.
All you're doing is letting all of us know about something we might be interested in...it makes no sense.

Scott

Gayle in MD
04-09-2005, 06:23 AM
You know what Scott, the longer I live, the more things don't make sense to me, lol. What gets me is the reason given, 'If it doesn't come up in normal conversation' when I have seen hundreds of posts here over the years which are entitled with the name of a product, or event.

Something very strange about it if you ask me...you don't think Bush had anything to do with it, do you... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
04-09-2005, 07:33 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> ...you don't think Bush had anything to do with it, do you... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

it was Wolfowitz /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

poolturtle
04-09-2005, 12:42 PM
They probably have a hit list of things they don't like for whatever reason. /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif Congrats Gayle, you made the CCB's hit list! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

jjinfla
04-09-2005, 05:13 PM
Gayle that was the ad, I mean post, that you ran about Frans pool class at her school, right? And this is Billiards Digest right? And Fran did write for Billiards Digest I think about 5 or 6 years ago, right. And she did leave them shall we say abruptly. Could that have something to do with their decision not to give her free ads? I sure wish I would have kept either her last or next to last article that she wrote. I think she was under a lot of stress when she wrote it and let it all out.

Jake

SplinterHands
04-10-2005, 05:37 PM
Yeah, that's bogus. Let's all quit this place and go over to A-Z Billiards.

Gayle in MD
04-10-2005, 09:58 PM
I wrote a post about an opportunity to attend a workshop that I was excited about, and that I thought others here would be interested in knowing about. How many times, too many to count, have I seen posts titled, D.C.C., (Derby City Classic,) 9 -ball open, Valley Forge, Randy's Pool School, Lessons with Scott Lee, Pool School In Paradise, Masters Chalk, Diamond Pro, well anyway, you get the drift. Do any of them write for Billiards Digest?

As for Fran writing for B.D., I thought someone just posted something here about an article Fran wrote in B.D. just recently. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

It wasn't the right thing to do, no question, Jeeze, even the post police didn't show up!

Gayle in Md....

eg8r
04-11-2005, 05:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Gayle that was the ad, I mean post, that you ran about Frans pool class at her school, right? And this is Billiards Digest right? <hr /></blockquote> This is ridiculous. If we are to go the extent you are mentioning, then from this point on, why don't you champion the intiative to remove all proper names, people and product, from the board. How many times a year is there a new post about cues? Names of cue mfgs, and custom shops are mentioned probably every day.

As far as the rest of your post, if BD did view Gayle's post as an ad and reacted so suddenly because of the history with Fran, then they are nothing more than vidictive little children.

My thought is that your post is no better a guess than anyone elses, however, if you are correct in your assumption, then I guess the BD Admin has just clarified their interpretation of the "no ad" rule. It must mean, <ul type="square"> No blatant ads, and No mention of anyone with a negative history with BD [/list]

eg8r

9 Ball Girl
04-11-2005, 06:21 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> As for Fran writing for B.D., I thought someone just posted something here about an article Fran wrote in B.D. just recently. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif<hr /></blockquote>She wrote a memorial piece on Johnny Ervolino.

Fran Crimi
04-11-2005, 06:23 AM
Hi Gayle!

How've you been??? I thought I'd jump on here to address the issue of the post to clear things up a bit. Jake, I have to give you credit for your vivid imagination, but my relationship with BD is excellent. Saw them at the Trade Show and I had a very nice chat with Mike Panozzo. Oh, and BTW, Congratulations to Mike for receiving the BCA President's Award this year. Mike gave a great speech at the Hall of Fame Banquet. I wish you all could have been there to hear it.

As for the post, BD made a judgement call concerning Gayle's post. Someone wrote and complained about it, and they decided that it could be considered a borderline ad.

Many borderline posts get through because no one writes and complains, and the webmaster doesn't get to read every single post. Not a big deal. The webmaster is a very nice guy, just doing his job. But hey, I wouldn't have gotten all this great publicity for my workshop if it weren't for the deleted post!

Regards to all.

Fran

PQQLK9
04-11-2005, 06:38 AM
Hi Fran, don't be a stranger ... miss your posts.

Sid_Vicious
04-11-2005, 07:35 AM
"They probably have a hit list of things they don't like for whatever reason"

It's that way on every board I've encountered. If Gayles original post was an ad, then everyone attending the popolar pool instructors/schools should be pre-thought by all before posting. Good for the goose, good for the gander ya know...sid

DennyS
04-11-2005, 07:45 AM
Hi Gayle just to let you know my post was deleted also. I ran a post on a clinic/workshop with my staff and Sarah Rousey. The reason,they said it was deleted because it was an ad. I didn't like it but I accepted it. I just wish everyone would be treated equally.Thanks Denny

eg8r
04-11-2005, 10:16 AM
Hello Fran,

Great to see you on the board. Hopefully you will post more often. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I really don't think Gayle's post was any more borderline than any thread that mentions a name. There is a thread right now with the name Predator in the subject line. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

eg8r

9 Ball Girl
04-11-2005, 11:01 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr> There is a thread right now with the name Predator in the subject line. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

eg8r <hr /></blockquote>And I'm sure that if someone complained about it, as I think was done with Gayle's, it will be removed. I wonder how legit the complaint has to be.

Gayle in MD
04-11-2005, 11:35 AM
Thanks Wendy, I thought I had read something here about that. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Gayle in Md.

Gayle in MD
04-11-2005, 11:45 AM
Hi Fran,
I'm doing fine, and how are you?? Well thanks for the input.

I guess I didn't understand the job of the CCB administrator. I thought if they got a complaint, there would still be a judgement call made by the Administrator, I didn't realize that a deletion would be automatic just on one complaint.

Kind of a silly way to run things, I would think. I think most here are interested in knowing such things.

Whomever it was, I guess they don't want to know what is going on in the industry.

Anyway, take care Fran, see you soon! Really looking forward to it! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Gayle in Md.

Gayle in MD
04-11-2005, 11:48 AM
Hi Denny,
Thanks for the input. I guess it only take one sour puss for that to happen...didn't really make me mad, I just didn't get it, ya know?

Good Luck,
Gayle in Md.

Gayle in MD
04-11-2005, 11:50 AM
HA HA HA HA....my claim to fame, LOL.
Gayle in Md. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Gayle in MD
04-11-2005, 11:53 AM
Hey Wendy, apparently, it doesn't have to be ligit at all, just one complaint. The very day they deleted it the board was full of posts about other pool workshops, and all kinds of pool products, everything from cues to tournaments to tables...?????????????

How's it going anyway??? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Gayle in Md., Had to get to be an Old Hand before I got deleted, LMAO!

SPetty
04-11-2005, 11:54 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> ...I didn't realize that a deletion would be automatic just on one complaint.<hr /></blockquote>It's not. I've complained before, with zero action taken. I've also clicked the "Report This Post" button, only to be greeted by "That Action Failed" screen.

I think Admin has it in for you, Gayle! /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

But seriously, yeah, Admin around here occasionally gets a little heavy handed, but we forgive them. Otherwise, we'd all be over at RSB where there's no moderator at all.

Gayle in MD
04-11-2005, 12:01 PM
OW ouch, OOOOh, LOL, Wally thinks it was Wolfowitz, LMAO!
Oh well, guess I'll never figure this one out! I'm too excited about the workshop to give a $###, tell ya the truth, lol.

Gayle in Md., thanks for the input friend...
/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Voodoo Daddy
04-11-2005, 06:10 PM
NO ONE is happier than I am to see your name under this subject. Come back, come back.....

Stretch
04-11-2005, 06:29 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Voodoo Daddy:</font><hr> NO ONE is happier than I am to see your name under this subject. Come back, come back..... <hr /></blockquote>

Well then i'm a close second Voodoo /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif Fran Rocks! And a hell of a fine person too. I give her all the credit for jumping my game up to the level i now enjoy. She just ozes pool lol You just can't help being better for her attention. Anyone can teach, or learn to teach but Fran inspires. That's a whole other level of instruction. St.

Barbara
04-11-2005, 06:48 PM
Hey! I wish I could be there at Fran's workshop too, but I'm dragging the Big Guy to his niece's baby shower that day!

I'm sending up a teammate, though!

Barbara

Fran Crimi
04-11-2005, 07:57 PM
It's been so long I forgot how to use this thing...

Hey lil brother! Believe me, It's YOU who inspired me all along. Miss you.

When you get a chance, tell that Voodoo guy above you that no matter what he says, he's not gettin' that free homemade Italian dinner off me. I got my standards. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Fran

P.S. Thanks for your kind words, Voodoo.

Fran Crimi
04-11-2005, 08:00 PM
Hi Nick,

Awfully kind of you to say. Thanks. And thanks to eg8r too.

Fran

jjinfla
04-12-2005, 05:04 AM
Hi Fran,

After studying this game for the past 6 years I figure that I now have improved to the point where you probably only have to give me the 6 and out for me to have a chance.

Anyway I replied to the post only to keep the thread alive. I sure wish they had a reasonable clinic like you offer around here. You have been in the teaching business for some time now. it's a great service you offer pool players who wish to improve.

Jake

Deeman2
04-12-2005, 05:33 AM
Fran,

It is so nice to see you post after such a long time.

Deeman

eg8r
04-12-2005, 05:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Hey! I wish I could be there at Fran's workshop too, but I'm dragging the Big Guy to his niece's baby shower that day! <hr /></blockquote> I hope the Big Guy is kicking and screaming the whole way. My wife would have to just about knock me out to get me to a baby shower. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif
eg8r

eg8r
04-12-2005, 05:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
And I'm sure that if someone complained about it, as I think was done with Gayle's, it will be removed. I wonder how legit the complaint has to be. <hr /></blockquote> Doubt it. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

Vagabond
04-12-2005, 06:08 AM
Hi Gayle,
I want to remind u:
Irrationality is pervasive in our culture
Fascism is on the rise
Cheers
Vagabond /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Fran Crimi
04-12-2005, 06:58 AM
Jake,

Sounds like your game is improving. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I hope to be offering more reasonably priced workshops in the future.

I appreciate your sense of humor, but I do wish you'd be careful about how you post in jest about people in the industry. People don't realize that you're making a joke, and what you posted about me could have really done some damage.

Regards,
Fran

Wally_in_Cincy
04-12-2005, 07:14 AM
Well Gayle, this time they didn't delete it they just moved it

it's an improvement /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Fran Crimi
04-12-2005, 10:21 AM
Hi Jake,

Yikes. I hit the send button on my other post to you at the exact moment they moved the thread. I think it's floating around in cyberspace somewhere.

Anyway, just wanted to say, so it seems like your game is improving. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Also, I do hope to be doing more reasonably priced workshops in the future.

Also, Hey, if you don't mind...be a little careful about how you word things even in jest, like your post about BD and me being on the outs. You know how people like to take things and run with them. Then I'd have to transfer all the phone calls and e-mails to you. LOL

Wally_in_Cincy
04-12-2005, 10:36 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fran Crimi:</font><hr> Hi Jake,

Yikes. I hit the send button on my other post to you at the exact moment they moved the thread. I think it's floating around in cyberspace somewhere.

<hr /></blockquote>

So now we know what happens when that happens. Another mystery solved.

I don't think I'm ever going to make it to New York. Are you coming to OH or PA any time? Maybe you might consider coming to the US Open if you could line up enough folks interested in lessons.

Just a thought.

Fran Crimi
04-12-2005, 10:54 AM
Yup, Wally, I'm planning a trip to Akron either mid-late June. PM me with your date preferences and we'll work something out.

Fran Crimi
04-12-2005, 11:29 AM
Hey Deeman, thanks...mighty nice of you to say. I always get a kick out of those stores in Texas that sell only dirt. I never realized there were so many different kinds. Pink dirt, red dirt, black dirt, brown dirt. Here in NYC we specialize in cement. Cement with rocks, cement without rocks, blacktop, asphalt, you name it, we got it.

Gayle in MD
04-12-2005, 12:11 PM
Well, Hi there friend, how things?
How right you are, LOL.
Take care now,
Love,
Gayle /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

SPetty
04-12-2005, 12:12 PM
Hmmm, if I try to reply to your previous post, all I get is a blank screen...

anyway...
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fran Crimi:</font><hr>I hope to be offering more reasonably priced workshops in the future.<hr /></blockquote>As I read that, I was hoping to see "in Texas" at the end, as in:<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fran Crimi:</font><hr>I hope to be offering more reasonably priced workshops in Texas.<hr /></blockquote>I have to agree, Fran, I'm thrilled you've stopped in for a spell and hope you will stay around awhile.

SPetty
04-12-2005, 12:30 PM
Okay, this is really freaky - if I try to reply to the post I want to reply to, all I get is a blank screen...

So I replied to a different post and the although it said "has been posted", it's not there! So I tried again and when I went to look at it, I saw my first post AND my second post. So I deleted my second post and now the first post is gone!

So, sorry if this ends up there twice...

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fran Crimi:</font><hr>I hope to be offering more reasonably priced workshops in the future.<hr /></blockquote>As I read that, I was hoping to see "in Texas" at the end, as in:<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fran Crimi:</font><hr>I hope to be offering more reasonably priced workshops in Texas.<hr /></blockquote>I have to agree, Fran, I'm thrilled you've stopped in for a spell and hope you will stay around awhile.

Barbara
04-12-2005, 12:34 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> Hmmm, if I try to reply to your previous post, all I get is a blank screen...

anyway...
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fran Crimi:</font><hr>I hope to be offering more reasonably priced workshops in the future.<hr /></blockquote>As I read that, I was hoping to see "in Texas" at the end, as in:<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fran Crimi:</font><hr>I hope to be offering more reasonably priced workshops in Texas.<hr /></blockquote>I have to agree, Fran, I'm thrilled you've stopped in for a spell and hope you will stay around awhile. <hr /></blockquote>

I see this post on my computer screen.

Barbara

Barbara
04-12-2005, 12:35 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> Okay, this is really freaky - if I try to reply to the post I want to reply to, all I get is a blank screen...

So I replied to a different post and the although it said "has been posted", it's not there! So I tried again and when I went to look at it, I saw my first post AND my second post. So I deleted my second post and now the first post is gone!

So, sorry if this ends up there twice...

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fran Crimi:</font><hr>I hope to be offering more reasonably priced workshops in the future.<hr /></blockquote>As I read that, I was hoping to see "in Texas" at the end, as in:<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fran Crimi:</font><hr>I hope to be offering more reasonably priced workshops in Texas.<hr /></blockquote>I have to agree, Fran, I'm thrilled you've stopped in for a spell and hope you will stay around awhile. <hr /></blockquote>

And I see this post on my computer screen, too.

Barbara

Fran Crimi
04-12-2005, 12:46 PM
It's probably that cyber post of mine floating around that's causing the problems. Click on it and it takes you to strange places.

Come to NY, SPetty. All you need is a plane ticket. You can stay at my place.

9 Ball Girl
04-12-2005, 01:24 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fran Crimi:</font><hr> Come to NY, SPetty. All you need is a plane ticket. You can stay at my place. <hr /></blockquote>If I come to NY, can I stay at your place too? Oh wait. I live in NY. LOL Just kidding.

Good to see you back on the CCB. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

By the way, I had a "speaking to" about that thing we spoke about at last year's Big Apple tourney. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

CarolNYC
04-12-2005, 02:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
When you get a chance, tell that Voodoo guy above you that no matter what he says, he's not gettin' that free homemade Italian dinner off me. I got my standards.

Fran

P.S. Thanks for your kind words, Voodoo. <hr /></blockquote>

Well,well,well,welcome back-
Yeah, Steves a nice-guy,dont ya think so?
Carol

pooltchr
04-12-2005, 06:15 PM
Fran,
It is good to see you back here. Planning on sticking around for a while, I hope!
Steve

Voodoo Daddy
04-13-2005, 09:27 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fran Crimi:</font><hr> When you get a chance, tell that Voodoo guy above you that no matter what he says, he's not gettin' that free homemade Italian dinner off me. I got my standards. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Fran

P.S. Thanks for your kind words, Voodoo. <hr /></blockquote>

We'll see about that dinner lady!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

SPetty
04-17-2005, 03:32 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fran Crimi:</font><hr> Come to NY, SPetty. All you need is a plane ticket. You can stay at my place.<hr /></blockquote>Count me in! /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Thanks, Gayle, for letting us know about this workshop that we all might have interest in.

Thanks, Fran, for everything.

I've never been to NYC. The northernmost I've ever been was last September to Virginia. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Fran Crimi
04-17-2005, 07:37 PM
I think you can see Texas from the top of the Empire State Building. We'll have to check that out.

(Hope you're not afraid of heights. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif)

Gayle in MD
04-17-2005, 08:04 PM
This is going to be a blast! I'm so glad you're going to make it. Looking forward to meeting you...
Gayle in Md, /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

SPetty
04-19-2005, 02:00 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fran Crimi:</font><hr> I think you can see Texas from the top of the Empire State Building. We'll have to check that out.<hr /></blockquote>Yep.<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fran Crimi:</font><hr>(Hope you're not afraid of heights. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif) <hr /></blockquote>Nope.

/ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif