PDA

View Full Version : Predator replacement shafts

Cologuy
04-07-2005, 05:09 PM
Anyone have any experience with using the Z or 314 shafts with the butt of another cue? Just wondering if they fit and perform well. Thanks.

Perk
04-07-2005, 05:35 PM
Yep,

Alot of people have them on other butts, and they hit well. As far as how they match up it depends on which joint that is on the cue. Most do, but some need to be sent in to someone.

Billy_Bob
04-08-2005, 07:01 AM
My 314 did not fit exactly, so I took it to a cue maker to have it turned down at the joint so the joint would be smooth. [Not very expensive.]

Also be sure you order a shaft with the proper joint for your butt. (See link below.)

You can also have your cue maker install a new joint on the butt to match the shaft. [more expensive.]

And if the shaft is smaller than the butt, the cue maker can turn down the butt to match the shaft.

Predator joint options...
http://www.predatorcues.com/english/jointtypes.htm

cycopath
04-08-2005, 08:59 AM
I have a Schon butt and my Predator shaft has a bit of a step at the joint. I've talked to other Schon owners with Predator shafts and they have the same problem. I've considered taking it to a reputable cuemaker and having it turned down.

How much did it run you? I assume you lose the Predator logo in the process.

Billy_Bob
04-08-2005, 09:13 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cycopath:</font><hr>How much did it run you? I assume you lose the Predator logo in the process. <hr /></blockquote>

I had a lot of other work done, so don't know how much just that was. But I have had minor things done by a custom cue maker which just cost $20. They can be very reasonable with these minor things if it does not involve much work.

Also I did lose the logo, but that is fine with me. I'd rather not stand out with my cue. Actually I bought one of those $20 Minnesota Fats "Lava Light" cues at Kmart. These have a plastic tube in the butt filled with colored liquid and floating little pool balls. When you hit a ball with the cue, a light in the tube flashes. One of these days, I'm going to take that cue to my cue maker and have him install a Predator 314 shaft (remove logo), Moori tip, and Uni-Loc joint. Then the the thing to do would be to walk into a pool room with this cue in a Kmart plastic bag. Just imagine the possibilities.... Might even want to stick the Kmart/Minnesota Fats label on the Predator shaft.

PQQLK9
04-08-2005, 11:07 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cycopath:</font><hr> I have a Schon butt and my Predator shaft has a bit of a step at the joint. I've talked to other Schon owners with Predator shafts and they have the same problem. I've considered taking it to a reputable cuemaker and having it turned down.

How much did it run you? I assume you lose the Predator logo in the process. <hr /></blockquote>

FWIW my Predator shaft fits my Schon perfectly. Thinking about trying the Predator Z shaft next.

lord_shar
04-09-2005, 08:35 AM
Both 314 and Z shafts fit perfectly on my new Schon CX-61.