PDA

View Full Version : Regarding Cancer

Rollthecheez
04-08-2005, 08:09 AM
This isn't a pool related post but I have seen a few posts here regarding members of this board who have become ill with this disease. My heart goes out to you. There is cancer in my family and my grandmother has been fighting it for near 10 years now. She heard about a substance called AHCC that has been used with good results for cancer treatment and asked me to look it up on the web. Below is one article I found for her. (she purchased some at her healthfood store and started taking it this week) I know that most doctors don't discuss/recomend non-prescription treatment but it can't hurt to look for other options. I just wanted to share this incase it might help you or someone you love. You should do your own research to see if AHCC is safe or right for you.

The full article can be read here:
http://www.drdavidwilliams.com/order/new_health_breakthroughs_cncr/page_a3.asp?promo_code=3B8100&key_code=4B8202

AHCC accomplishes the “impossible”

Initial studies done with AHCC since the 1980s suggest that this is one of the most powerful human immune boosters ever tested. It appears to increase NK cell activity by up to 300% or more! And it works quickly, usually within hours. Officials at NASA have even found that AHCC can be useful in preventing and treating infections in astronauts while they’re in space.

The best news of all is that AHCC is now available here in the U.S. without a prescription.

ALTERNATIVES is one of the first and only U.S. publications to report on AHCC. (I recently devoted nearly an entire issue to it.) Since then, I’ve received so many inquiries that I’ve created a Special Report about AHCC and its unique, cancer-killing properties. If you’d like to learn more, I’d be happy to send you a copy absolutely free. Here are just a few highlights from my Report…

AHCC stimulates NK cell activity quickly, literally causing them to destroy cancer cells in hours. A medical test (the NK cell function test) shows increased NK activity just 4 hours after treatment.

Patients with liver cancer who took AHCC as part of their treatment regimen had fewer recurrences of tumors and enjoyed higher survival rates after surgery.

AHCC often reverses the presence of pre-cancerous cells on the cervix (shown by abnormal Pap smears), returning tissue to normal in as little as 6 months. (Cervical cancer is one of the most difficult to treat, so this is a Godsend for high-risk women.)

Studies show it can also be a powerful tool in the treatment of other cancers too—including leukemia, breast, ovarian, and prostate cancer.

Unlike many cancer treatments that weaken the patient over time, AHCC makes patients healthier and stronger by increasing immune function.

What I’d do if I had cancer

If I discovered I had cancer, I would certainly take AHCC immediately to give my body extra power to fight the disease. If I had a history of cancer in my family, I’d definitely take it as a preventive.

Most of the studies on AHCC were done on patients currently undergoing conventional cancer treatments. Research suggests that AHCC can greatly improve survival rates, while reducing the bad side effects of chemo and radiation.

Since your immune system is your first line of defense against more than just cancer (it’s how your body fights off the flu, colds, recurring infections, pathogenic and antibiotic-resistant bacteria, and virtually any other disease), AHCC offers benefits that go far beyond just cancer protection.

People who would also greatly benefit from AHCC include:

Those with a history of smoking or heavy drinking.

Individuals working in the medical field who are exposed to highly contagious diseases.

Elderly individuals with weakened immune systems. That’s because NK cells respond slower as we get older, resulting in recurring bouts of infection and noticeable decline in general health.

Regulator
04-08-2005, 10:15 AM
I'm sorry to hear about your grandmother.

Call me a stooge of the AMA, but I don't believe in nutritional supplements that aren't being widely pushed by doctors for cancer treatment.

Why? Because most doctors are very compassionate (some aren't). If there was something that would help, a significant number of the 650,000 doctors in this country would be pushing it and ABC, CBS, CNN and NBC would increase their ratings - and profit - by doing all kinds of stories.

As humans, we know we will die and most of us want to delay that outcome. The quest to solve health related issues is strong and new discoveries are occurring every day.

Something from the 1980's must not do much if it isn't the rage today.

Good luck to your grandmother.

charlieb
04-09-2005, 08:46 PM
Please send me whatever info you have on this subject. I've been fighting prostrate cancer for going on 10 yrs and 4 months ago I had my right kidney removed with a 4lb 2oz tumor attached and finished radiation 1 1/2 months ago. I keep an open mind to all things. My PO Box is 13105, Long Beach, Calif, 90803. Thanks very much for the heads up!

jjinfla
04-10-2005, 05:54 AM
Ten years you have been fighting prostate cancer and you still don't know that there is only one "r" in prostate cancer?

Tells me that you do not pay attention or listen when you talk with your doctor, Urologist.

There are a bunch of people who have/had prostate cancer here. And there are a bunch of treatments. Everyone who has had a successful treatment will tell you that theirs is the best because it worked for them. Talk with your Urologist and you might ask him about the latest Robotic treatment. One of my pool playing partners had that a few weeks ago and he is back playing pool again.

Thankfully, most prostate cancers are very slow growing, and depending on the persons age, sometimes no treatment is the preferred treatment.

Good Luck,

Jake

rukiddingme
04-10-2005, 10:50 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote jjinfla:</font><hr> Ten years you have been fighting prostate cancer and you still don't know that there is only one "r" in prostate cancer?"
Tells me that you do not pay attention or listen when you talk with your doctor, Urologist.

Why do people have to make smart ass, anal comments like this?
ruk

caedos
04-11-2005, 08:09 AM
Most of the doctors I have met are very compassionate. They want the very best (approved) treatments for their patients. Every doctor I have ever met has been very intelligent and has an acute memory within the scope of their training. Few of them go outside the bounds of conventional western medicine because their livelihood is made within. They are good people, and like the rest of us have limited information. Why didn't they medically order a distinct change in my mother's diet? Because she was within the guidlines given by the AMA and the government. That doesn't make the doctor evil. It shows a limit of services and a willingness to stay within the recommended guidlines, and a reluctance to deviate at all from that behavior. That is their routine and how they appear to live their life. My father-in-law is a doctor, and he would say it wouldn't hurt to change or improve certain things in my mom's diet. He would never have said those changes would give her a better chance of beating the cancer, and consequently issue an actual recommendation.

She is gone now, so please forgive me if I'm on a bandwagon evangelizing for better and more diverse resources for personal health. Should I ever get cancer, western medicine will be most of what I do. However, I will be doing a ton of reading, diet changing, and non-western medicine. Other major countries have recommended practices that have not been approved of in this country.

Fight to the end!

To the best of my knowledge, no one gets out alive!

C

/ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Rollthecheez
04-11-2005, 11:23 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote charlieb:</font><hr> Please send me whatever info you have on this subject. I've been fighting prostrate cancer for going on 10 yrs and 4 months ago I had my right kidney removed with a 4lb 2oz tumor attached and finished radiation 1 1/2 months ago. I keep an open mind to all things. My PO Box is 13105, Long Beach, Calif, 90803. Thanks very much for the heads up! <hr /></blockquote>

I just did a websearch on Google to find information on AHCC. You might try a local healthfood store, that is where we found the product.

charlieb
04-11-2005, 11:39 PM
My Dr is an Oncologist. A Urologist did the initial surgery but it had already gotten outside the margins since it came back 4 yrs later. My next Dr was an Oncology Radiologist and handled my radiation. 7000+ Rads. 4 yrs later it returned again and my Oncologist now has me on a different regimine. In between I was diagnosed and then cured of Hepatitis C. So after all of that it is easy to ignore a$$ holes like you so take that extra R and shove it.

rukiddingme
04-12-2005, 04:26 AM
There must be some confusion which I'd like to clarify...
I'm not the smart ass that made the comment about the extra r in prostate...jnfla did.
I just responded
"Why do people have to make smart ass anal comments like this"
In other words we are on the same side.
ruk