PDA

View Full Version : Tying string to a cue butt / no grip drill

christopheradams
04-08-2005, 03:34 PM
Has anyone else tried tying a string to a cue butt and holding the string and hitting balls like this with no grip on the cue. I was hitting balls like this and making some nice shots and getting a real fluid action going.

Any other ideas similair to this? If you haven't tried this, go give it a try. Its a good drill I personally have never heard of. If you are over gripping the cue this can give you an idea of what a light grip can feel like and how a nice fluid action can feel like. The "no grip" grip if you will /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif.

Popcorn
04-08-2005, 07:31 PM
I don't know of any fast track way to improvement other then practice and competing. I did see a guy improve amazingly in a short time though when he broke his left arm ( he was right handed). He couldn't resist playing and just played one handed mostly using the rail to rest his cue. I have to tell you, when his arm was well enough for him to begin playing normal again, he seemed to be a better player then he was before. Everyone commented on it, it wasn't in our minds, he had improved a lot. It could be the extra concentration required to play one handed or maybe it slowed him down or smoothed out his stroke I don't know.

christopheradams
04-08-2005, 07:47 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Popcorn:</font><hr> I don't know of any fast track way to improvement other then practice and competing. I did see a guy improve amazingly in a short time though when he broke his left arm ( he was right handed). He couldn't resist playing and just played one handed mostly using the rail to rest his cue. I have to tell you, when his arm was well enough for him to begin playing normal again, he seemed to be a better player then he was before. Everyone commented on it, it wasn't in our minds, he had improved a lot. It could be the extra concentration required to play one handed or maybe it slowed him down or smoothed out his stroke I don't know. <hr /></blockquote>

Check out Bert Kinister #11 - advanced fundamentals. Great drill on one handed shot(not using table rail). Gotta make 10 in a row 2nd diamond to second diamond. Definately recommend this video.