PDA

View Full Version : Leagues or Tournaments in Victoria, BC

Mr Ingrate
06-05-2002, 04:16 PM
Just moved to Victoria. Anyone have any insights as to league/tournament play here?

Thanks in advance.

Dave ~~~ itching to get back playing.

Scott Lee
06-05-2002, 06:13 PM
Dave...Good to see you back posting again! We have all missed your wit, along with your computer expertise! Another poster here lives near you in Vancouver. Help him out d0wnt0wn!

Scott Lee

06-06-2002, 08:14 AM
Ya Im not too sure what kind of leageus they have on the island there il try and find out for you.. Larry Wilson (canadian amateur champ) plays off the island but he comes here to get his 8 weeks in for vegas.. not sure if that means there are no vegas leagues in vic or what. waht level of player are you ingrate??? you may be able to find someone in an vancouver league to pick you up same kinda thing as Larry. There is a very good cue maker in Nanaimo named Scott Zachow (www.zaccues.com) in case you are interested

06-06-2002, 08:21 AM
Peacock Billiards 834 Johnson St 250-384-3332
Q-Ball Billiards Club 1010 Craigflower Road 250-381-2255
Red Rock City Billiards 1630 Store 250-388-0836
try these out they will be able to give you some info im sure

Mr Ingrate
06-06-2002, 12:33 PM
Hey Scott,

The move is finally complete and ADSL up and running. I took some time off from posting as the desire to make a fool/pest of myself kind of waxes and wanes. But, I am retired so I'll have more time available.

Mr Ingrate
06-06-2002, 12:41 PM
Hi dOwntOwn,

Thanks for your help, I'll check out all your suggestions. The last few times I've been to Vegas (missed this year because of the move) there were lots of teams from Victoria entered.

Peacock Billiards didn't have any league or tournament action, but I'll check out Q-Ball and Red Rock. Seems some of the places are closed during the day and don't open until after 4 pm.

The APA seems to think I'm a 7 in 8-ball. Others would say I'm a dumb 6. Scott Lee's lesson is definitely to blame.

Scott Lee
06-06-2002, 03:41 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Mr Ingrate:</font><hr> Hi dOwntOwn,

The APA seems to think I'm a 7 in 8-ball. Others would say I'm a dumb 6. Scott Lee's lesson is definitely to blame.

<hr></blockquote>

Dave...You forgot to tell him you used to be a 4! LOL

Scott