PDA

View Full Version : Lucasi L2004NB, good buy?

RottingMindz
04-09-2005, 08:43 PM
Was pretty interested in this cue, any comments on it would be great from people who have played with it.

LJC_Cues
04-10-2005, 04:00 AM
Lucasi not a bad cue. I know many league people get them as thier first cue. I will have to warn you that the way they wrap thier cues, the wrap tends to come loose. I have done numerous rewraps on lucasi's. So if you get one plan to get it rewraped probably within a year at most. I have know people that thiers would unwrap within a couple weeks and some wraps still havent unwraped. But I have wraped more lucasi cues then any other cue because of the wrap coming loose and coming apart.

MrLucky
04-10-2005, 06:32 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote LJC_Cues:</font><hr> Lucasi not a bad cue. I know many league people get them as thier first cue. I will have to warn you that the way they wrap thier cues, the wrap tends to come loose. I have done numerous rewraps on lucasi's. So if you get one plan to get it rewraped probably within a year at most. I have know people that thiers would unwrap within a couple weeks and some wraps still havent unwraped. But I have wraped more lucasi cues then any other cue because of the wrap coming loose and coming apart. <hr /></blockquote> <font color="red">For the money I would go with a McDermott any day!!! I have McDermotts over 20 years old with the original wraps and shafts that play as well as my more expensive cues! </font color> /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Sid_Vicious
04-10-2005, 06:59 AM
I like the Lucasi line, and the money is easy. I did have a linen wrap come loose on mine and replaced it with a leather wrap though. These cues hit super for the cost so I'd put a thumb up on your answer. Pretty cue Btw...sid

Wally_in_Cincy
04-11-2005, 05:16 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote MrLucky:</font><hr> <font color="red">For the money I would go with a McDermott any day!!! I have McDermotts over 20 years old with the original wraps and shafts that play as well as my more expensive cues! </font color> /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif <hr /></blockquote>

I agree. You can get a McD for the same money and never have to replace the wrap. Plus I like the taper better.

The Lucasi I had came unraveled after about 100 hours of play.

bluey2king
04-11-2005, 10:48 AM
Hello; I have Lucasi LE-75 I have owned it for almost two Years! I love it, No problems with the wrap, I like the hit a lot! It is my second cue my first was a Viking, a good cue also but I like the hit of the Lucasi and the Uni-Loc joint.

PoOn
04-11-2005, 12:24 PM
i have a Lucasi LE-12 and my wrap hasn't come off yet and i've had it for maybe more than 2 years. Lucasi cues hit pretty nice for how enexpensive they are.