PDA

View Full Version : Sambajon vs Mike Davis, Joss Tour match.

christopheradams
04-10-2005, 04:14 PM
I just got back from the joss tour at Snookers/The green room in providence and watched some great pool. Good match against Santos Sambajon and Mike Davis in the semi final. Sambajon won the match by I think 3 games in a race to 9.

Sambajon played 3 perfect lock up safeties to get Mike to 3 foul out of one rack. What a stroke Sambajon has. I've never seen to more constrasting styles of strokes at one table. Sambajon with that loose fluid stroke and Mike with that up and down stroke. Mike's a great shot and is not out of the tournament yet. I had to leave so couldn't stay to the end. I think the final will be between those two.

Also seen Frankie Hernandez in action. Frankie is out of the tourney now though. They got some really top notch players to come out this week. Really enjoyed myself!

christopheradams
04-10-2005, 04:15 PM
I forgot to mention how close I was to the action. I was right up close a few feet watching the matches. I really got a good look at their technique and stroke. It was great!

Popcorn
04-10-2005, 04:50 PM
Did you play?

christopheradams
04-10-2005, 04:56 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Popcorn:</font><hr> Did you play? <hr /></blockquote>

No, I would love to but the $125 entry fee is a little steep right now. I would be great to get a chance to play such high quality players.

Popcorn
04-10-2005, 06:08 PM
I thought it was less like $65.00. $125.00 is kind of a lot just for a little experiance.

christopheradams
04-10-2005, 06:56 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Popcorn:</font><hr> I thought it was less like $65.00. $125.00 is kind of a lot just for a little experiance. <hr /></blockquote>

Nope. It is bewteen $100, $125, $150 depending on where the tournament is held. http://www.cameroncues.com/josstour/index.htm