PDA

View Full Version : Mini-Zones Possible?

Sid_Vicious
04-11-2005, 05:40 AM
What is it that you can go into the PH on any given day and have one of your particular skills working far better than the rest, and it is something that you haven't particularly worked on, maybe even something you usually steer away from if given options? One day my banks may be super, and banks are not my forte. Then it's maybe jumps, which I can do but have been sucky at for a couple of weeks, then one day it just comes natural. Are these mini-zones in that certain skill without the rest of the game to follow???sid

Rod
04-11-2005, 06:51 AM
Sid,

Many strokes differ but they have a common denominator. Find/observe that aspect and incorprate it in your all around game. Just my thoughts for the day.

Rod

Sid_Vicious
04-11-2005, 07:45 AM
The banks when they are working, I seemed to just see right. The jumps when they were working, involved the execution of the dart stroke without any rush or over force. Both may possibly have had a "stay still" aspect, I dunno. I'll ponder upon it next time one of these gifts from the pool gods happen next, be it one of the 2 mentioned or something different. Thanks...sid

BigRigTom
04-11-2005, 10:17 AM
Sid, I would like to hear more opinions on this "mini-zone" thing too.
I have had times when my speed control seems natural then other times it seems no matter how I try I'll hit this one too hard and then next one too soft.
Long staight ins are that way too...sometimes it is just no effort and other times I will shank the cue ball just enough to throw the shot off.

Rich R.
04-11-2005, 10:37 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Sid_Vicious:</font><hr> What is it that you can go into the PH on any given day and have one of your particular skills working far better than the rest, and it is something that you haven't particularly worked on, maybe even something you usually steer away from if given options? One day my banks may be super, and banks are not my forte. Then it's maybe jumps, which I can do but have been sucky at for a couple of weeks, then one day it just comes natural. Are these mini-zones in that certain skill without the rest of the game to follow???sid <hr /></blockquote>
Sid, I think this is exactly why they call us "Amateurs".
The pros are not necessarily better at all of these things, they are just a heck of a lot more consistent.

I can't tell you why it happens that way, but I will venture a guess that it happens to many of us. I know it does to me. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif