PDA

View Full Version : Orlando Outing...

Johnny_V
04-13-2005, 10:14 AM
Who is going to the Orlando Open? Should we have a get together? Maybe a tourny of sorts? We should probably have it somewhere around Orlando. Anyone got any ideas? I am not around that area (close but not close enough to know where things are) Maybe we could get Rick, Becky, Smorg, jj.. wow I am drawing a blank on who else is in the area. Anyway I think it would be a good opportunity to have a gathering.

JV

eg8r
04-14-2005, 05:25 AM
Sounds like it will be fun. There is a pool hall a couple of minutes from Disney called Backstage Billiards.

eg8r

mtuckeriii
04-14-2005, 08:18 AM
Sounds fun. I haven't played at Backstage in 10 or 12 years but I remember it being a nice room.

eg8r
04-14-2005, 09:22 AM
The backstage you are probably referring to is on International Drive. There is a new one in Lake Buena Vista. I believe it is in the same area as the Jungle Jims and Pebbles.

eg8r <~~~hopes the new one is nicer than the old one

Stretch
04-14-2005, 12:11 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr> Sounds like it will be fun. There is a pool hall a couple of minutes from Disney called Backstage Billiards.

eg8r <hr /></blockquote>

Hi Edd! You might want to give DebraLiStar i call /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif She Plays out of a place called Beach Billiards in Kissimmee. That could be an option too. DAMN wish i was there! lol

You didn't miss much at Fat Cats buds. It was good you stayed home and looked after that cold. Picture this...the Freekin heavy metal rap Juke box is cranked to 200 decebels, you can't even talk to the person beside you let alone here who or where your next match was. Pandamonium, plus i had this Biker Dude with a huge ring on every finger crawlin around the floor on all fours looking for the emerald he lost on one of his rings. Race to two! It was brutal/rediculous! lol.

Hey take care, that Orlando get togther should be a blast! St.~~knows where he's going to retire~~

Stretch
04-14-2005, 12:15 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote mtuckeriii:</font><hr> Sounds fun. I haven't played at Backstage in 10 or 12 years but I remember it being a nice room.
<hr /></blockquote>

Hi Murray! Sorry i didn't have time to look you up recently. She was a whirlwind trip this go-round. Hey and your Tip is still holding up great! St.

Chopstick
04-14-2005, 12:27 PM
Count me in. I think PoolK9 lives somewhere around here also.

Nostroke
04-14-2005, 04:25 PM
I heard there were no players there at all- Just Bangers but i havent been there myself.

A certain 6'4-1/2" terrific female pool players works at the new Backstage in Lake Buena BTW.

PQQLK9
04-14-2005, 04:32 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chopstick:</font><hr> Count me in. I think PoolK9 lives somewhere around here also. <hr /></blockquote>
Nah, I'm still in Charlotte. I was in Orlando house hunting when Hurricane Charley came through and I changed my mind. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

eg8r
04-15-2005, 03:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I heard there were no players there at all- Just Bangers but i havent been there myself.

A certain 6'4-1/2" terrific female pool players works at the new Backstage in Lake Buena BTW. <hr /></blockquote> I am sure you are correct, however if a bunch of us are going to meet and hang out, I am not sure that matters. Yes, Debbie works at the LBV ph. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif I remember when I first moved back to Orlando and beat her at the old pool hall in downtown Orlando, Baileys. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif They had a pool tournament the last night they were open and I just happened to be there that night. Boy was she shocked when she lost (my string of good rolls ended in the final match, second is not too bad). /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif She used to work at Pro Billiards, but considering all the crap that was going on there, I don't she will go back even though they re-opened. Too bad, I liked Pro much better.

eg8r

eg8r
04-15-2005, 03:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Nah, I'm still in Charlotte. I was in Orlando house hunting when Hurricane Charley came through and I changed my mind. <hr /></blockquote> LOL, why? If Charley changed your mind, then the next two probably did not help much either. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif You should look again, given our past, we should be good for another 100 or so years. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

eg8r

eg8r
04-15-2005, 03:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Hi Edd! You might want to give DebraLiStar i call She Plays out of a place called Beach Billiards in Kissimmee. That could be an option too. DAMN wish i was there! lol
<hr /></blockquote> Yeah, if anything happens I guess it will be posted here on the board. I had no idea beach billiards was still in business (no reason why they shouldn't be). I have not been out there in quite a few years.

eg8r