PDA

View Full Version : antique brunswick

redstar
04-13-2005, 03:52 PM
i recently found a1882 brunswick amaranth billiard table that i am getting restored. the restorer hasn't seen one of these and brunswick does'nt have any photos due to fires in the past. does anyone know of someone or a billiard parlor that has one of these or a picture. i think i am missing some scroll work on the bottom but have nothing to compare to. any and all help would be greatful. thanks redstar

wolfdancer
04-13-2005, 04:31 PM
you might try contacting Bob Bebb at www.rebcobilliards.com/ (http://www.rebcobilliards.com/)
there may even be a pix somewhere on his site.
He's one of the best for restoration, and has a warehouse full of tables, parts, etc

TennesseeJoe
04-13-2005, 05:40 PM
You may want to try Bankshot Antiques. Their server was down today but I think I saw a picture of one there about a week ago.

Scott Lee
04-13-2005, 10:20 PM
One of the top pool table restorers in the country is Clay Newell, in Clay Center, KS. He is an authority, and probably has pictures, if not an actual example of your table. He has a warehouse with hundreds of old tables.
Also, Blatt Billiards in NYC, is an excellent source for information on old tables.

Scott Lee

Brad
04-14-2005, 02:06 PM
Scott,

While Mr. Newell is definitely knowledgeable and a sweetheart of a guy, his son Joe is the guy that does all the restos now. Joe is the hands down authority in the world. He could probably tell you what day of the week a table was made. Joe runs his own shop, seperate from his dad, in Clay Center.

I've always called Mr. Newell, just that, Mr. Newell. I've always so much respect for him that will only refer to him as Mr. Newell. However, I've always thought his first name was Lowell. Am I mistaken?

Brad

Scott Lee
04-15-2005, 12:19 AM
No, you're right...I was thinking of Joe, and said Clay. Thanks for the heads up! /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Scott Lee

DickLeonard
04-15-2005, 05:46 AM
What happened with Brunswick was a flood at their warehouse in West Virginia destroyed all their saved brochures etc.

The Baseball Hall of Fame has sporting newspapers from that period bound in a large book cover. There might be advertisements in the paper,the only drawback is you have to wait while they bring you one book.then wait for the next book etc. ####