PDA

View Full Version : Poolroom recommendation in London?

DvB
04-14-2005, 08:28 AM
I'll be in London next week. Love to hear about people's favorite poolroom(s) there. Thanks!

Billy_Bob
04-14-2005, 09:31 AM
This one is a private club, but you can be "sponsored" by a member and allowed to play. Just say you are visiting from America and are looking for some 9-ball action. Then ears will perk up, someone will sponsor you, and they might even uncover the table in the corner for you to play on.

You need to go downstairs to enter the club.

Rileys American Pool & Snooker Club
Victoria
16, Semley Pl
London
SW1W 9QJ
(020) 78248261

9 Ball Girl
04-14-2005, 09:34 AM
Jennifer Barretta is currently on her world tour over at most if not all of the Riley's in London.

Wally_in_Cincy
04-14-2005, 10:32 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> Jennifer Barretta is currently on her world tour over at most if not all of the Riley's in London. <hr /></blockquote>

Jenn's schedule

Tuesday 12th April – Watford 147
Wednesday 13th April – Nottingham
Thursday 14th April – Doncaster
Friday 15th April – Solihull
Saturday 16th April –Ipswich
Sunday 17th April – Reading Rileys
Monday 18th April – Sutton

list of clubs

http://www.rileysltd.com/pages/MainFrame.asp?Menu=txtClubs

DickLeonard
04-15-2005, 09:27 AM
THE HELL with Poolrooms go to the Crucible and watch the Worlds Snooker Championship now going on. Try BBC.com/snooker for matches etc.####

Stretch
04-15-2005, 10:36 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote DickLeonard:</font><hr> THE HELL with Poolrooms go to the Crucible and watch the Worlds Snooker Championship now going on. Try BBC.com/snooker for matches etc.#### <hr /></blockquote>

"Here here"! ####. Those guys are insane. Mechanics near perfect. Ronnie O'Sullivan himelf is worth the time to tune in! The poor ref. can't move fast enough to spot the colours, I'm sure he's hit a few fingers before haha. St.

thecardman
04-15-2005, 01:57 PM
All well and good suggesting heading up to Sheffield for the World Snooker, but tickets for that can be impossible to find! HOWEVER, you can still sit in front of the TV and watch the BBC's coverage.

Saying that, though, it will certainly be on in any of the Riley's clubs that you might go into.

Enjoy your trip to London.

Best wishes

thecardman
/ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

DvB
04-17-2005, 08:48 PM
Thanks for the tips everyone. I'll relay my experiences there if anyone is interested.

MarkUrsel
04-18-2005, 03:34 AM
You can try Centre Point Snooker Club and Gym - it's right near the Tottenham Court underground stop on the Central Line. It's actually below street level in one of the tunnels/passages going down to the trains. They have a half dozen 9' tables and five 12' snooker tables. It was a decent place to play, but it's hard to find - ask for help!

-- Mark