PDA

View Full Version : Scoring in pool....

wolfdancer
04-15-2005, 12:37 AM
This happened tonite, in our league match. We couldn't find the bridge, so my teammate, with an ample girth, tries a "belly" shot, laying on the table to shoot.
After the shot, as he picked himself off the table...another guy yells "I'll give you a 6.0 on the dismount"
Cracked me up........

CarolNYC
04-15-2005, 02:37 AM
Did he "stick" the landing with a "double-back layout somersault?" /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

when (total) angular momentum is conserved, if a body part slows down, another body part will automatically speed up, or vice versa - a phenomenon referred to as "transfer" of (angular) momentum.

Carol~hmmmm,wonder if this could be applied to pool?? /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

pooltchr
04-15-2005, 05:10 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote CarolNYC:</font><hr> when (total) angular momentum is conserved, if a body part slows down, another body part will automatically speed up, or vice versa - a phenomenon referred to as "transfer" of (angular) momentum.

Carol~hmmmm,wonder if this could be applied to pool?? /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

<hr /></blockquote>

Carol, I can think of a much more interesting application for this phenominum than pool!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif
Steve

wolfdancer
04-15-2005, 12:02 PM
"Did he "stick" the landing with a "double-back layout somersault?"

when (total) angular momentum is conserved, if a body part slows down, another body part will automatically speed up, or vice versa - a phenomenon referred to as "transfer" of (angular) momentum."
Carol, we're just lucky that the table held up.
Your angular momentum, reminded me of the best intentoned, worst written book on Golf G.O.L.F (geometrically oriented linear force)by Homer Kelley.....
An attempt to define the golf swing by it's mechanics....
which in turn reminds me of a recent thread here, lots of reads/replies....on the.... P.A.U.S.E (patterned automatic, untimely, stroke ending)....in the pool stroke...all that ink, on the part of the stroke...where nothing is happening????
So, using your transfer of angular motion....what body part will speed up as I reach the end of my backswing??? my heart???
Have a good weekend...(hope my welfare check arrived today)

CarolNYC
04-16-2005, 02:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
we're just lucky that the table held up <hr /></blockquote> /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

CarolNYC
04-16-2005, 02:44 AM
Im with ya,Steve!
Carol~loves the motion of the ocean /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

pooltchr
04-16-2005, 04:10 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote CarolNYC:</font><hr> Im with ya,Steve!
Carol~loves the motion of the ocean /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Not to mention the undercurrents!!!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Steve

Vagabond
04-16-2005, 06:37 AM
Similar to that is when a guy climbs on the table with both knees on the bed of the table and shooting the ball.In louisiana and Mississippi the rules do not require the player to have one foot on the ground when shooting.
The scene reminds of a monkey on the Banana/coconut tree.Hilarious... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
vagabond