PDA

View Full Version : The Hustler on DVD

bigalerickson
06-06-2002, 05:01 AM
Still A great Movie.
I however would have really enjoyed some more info trick shots, and the general shot analysis sections of it. While Massey is great, coming from a guy who's trick shot is more often referred to as a cut shot, and whose friends are tremendous hacks, it would have been great to have some more in depth shot analysis, where to strike the CB, speed of the shot, etc.

Finding out the info about Mosconi's role in the movie production, and character in the movie was interesting to find out, still haven't listened to Newman's commentary.

BigAl - still learning

Doctor_D
06-06-2002, 05:13 AM
Good morning:

As you know all so well, learning is life long!

Dr. D.

Lester
06-06-2002, 05:56 AM
Big Al, has "The Hustler" on DVD been "colorized"? The advertisement I saw on the internet shows Newman in color. ***Lester***

rackmup
06-06-2002, 06:20 AM
Black and White. The way it was made and the way it should remain.

Sentimentally,

Ken

Doctor_D
06-06-2002, 06:32 AM
Good morning Pookie:

Good to hear from you. Was beginning to believe the new Mrs. had you hog tied to the bed post ( or was it chained under the porch? )!

Dr. d.

06-06-2002, 09:35 AM
The Hustler has not been colorized. The color advertisement you saw was probably from some of the originaly posters or lobby cards which were in color.

I recently bought "The Color of Money" on DVD. I was very disappointed. There are absolutely no extras....no interviews, nothing!

MikeM
06-06-2002, 01:16 PM
Thanks for the reminder Big Al. I just ordered mine from Amazon. Should be here by Monday.

MM

06-06-2002, 01:22 PM
No extras in The Color of Money?? Surely you jest! Why, you can watch the movie in French!

Tongue firmly in cheek,
Steve

rackmup
06-06-2002, 02:09 PM
I've been busy with work. All work and no play has made Ken a dull boy.

Ken

06-06-2002, 09:14 PM
You'll always be exciting in my mind's eye Ken!!! (tongue so firmly in cheek it's tickling my ear!)