PDA

View Full Version : Googan alert. Kamui vs. Moori .

Cueless Joey
04-15-2005, 06:39 PM
http://www.kamuitips.com/performance.htm

Harold Acosta
04-15-2005, 09:11 PM
What's your opinion on this new tip?

I didn't watch the video 'cause it's taking a long time to download.

wolfdancer
04-15-2005, 09:58 PM
I didn't see a whole lot of dif, Harold...although it looked like the Moori compressed more on the vid then the other???

Cueless Joey
04-15-2005, 10:45 PM
Btw, right-click the links and save the video so you can watch them over and over again.
The Kamui appears to compress more evenly.
Some of the local players here swear by Kamui after being disappointed by the new Mooris.

Rich R.
04-16-2005, 05:32 AM
I'm not positive, but I think they are playing some photography tricks on us.

If you look real closely, it appears the the Kamui tip is hitting the ball from a fairly level angle. However, in the Moori example, it appears to me that the camera has been shifted to make it look the same, but it is actually at a steeper angle. What tipped me off to this, is the way the shaft seams to flex on the Moori example.

This is JMHO. Either the people who made these videos or my eyes are playing tricks. I'm not sure which. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Of course, this has no bearing on which tip is best. I will reserve my opinion on that, if and when I try the Kamui tip.

SpiderMan
04-18-2005, 12:20 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr> I'm not positive, but I think they are playing some photography tricks on us.

If you look real closely, it appears the the Kamui tip is hitting the ball from a fairly level angle. However, in the Moori example, it appears to me that the camera has been shifted to make it look the same, but it is actually at a steeper angle. What tipped me off to this, is the way the shaft seams to flex on the Moori example.

This is JMHO. Either the people who made these videos or my eyes are playing tricks. I'm not sure which. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Of course, this has no bearing on which tip is best. I will reserve my opinion on that, if and when I try the Kamui tip. <hr /></blockquote>

I agree with your observations. The Moori hit was more off-center. Also, unless they chalked it a lot more heavily, the Moori may have been hit harder because of the amount of dust flying.

SpiderMan