PDA

View Full Version : unknown pool game

HelpMeOut
04-16-2005, 10:44 PM
I'm pretty sure I might not get the lingo right but does anyone know of a game where the 1-6 balls are set up on the edge of the pockets and the 7-9 balls are set up on one of the centers and then you try to sink the balls in order and as long as you get one in you get to continue and if not, the game is over

sack316
04-17-2005, 12:12 AM
that sounds kinda like a game we play for practice sometime we call "frustration". We'll put a ball in each pocket, and rack usually 4 balls on the footspot. The shooter chooses what ball to shoot at first, and the rule is you can't miss, scratch, or disturb the balls racked. Once pocketing the first ball of your choice, whoever else is around tells you what ball you have to shoot at next (usually choosing the toughest one based on your position). Once you have pocketed the ones sitting in the pocket, you must break and run out the remaining 4 balls in any order the shooter chooses. It's good control practice for me and fun to make it tough on one another. And of course there are variations of the game you can do.