PDA

View Full Version : Question to BD forum moderator. Cross posting

christopheradams
04-17-2005, 09:29 AM
I'm not sure if its called cross posting. But I have a suggestion and wanted to run it by the moderator, BD staffer or other forum readers.

What do you think about providing a link to a post on another forum when posting on a different forum?
So If I'm on AZ billiards forum and I post a posting that I would also like to post on BD forum. Can I just put a title and provide a link to the AZ forum? and vice versa? I think you guys would get the same Web site exposure and it would save a lot of your bandwidth. Instead of getting readers that go to the same posting a bunch of times. They would have a link directing them to the main posting on AZ or go from AZ to The BD forum. You would also get all the comments about a posting in one place.

PQQLK9
04-17-2005, 09:57 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote christopheradams:</font><hr> I'm not sure if its called cross posting. But I have a suggestion and wanted to run it by the moderator, BD staffer or other forum readers.

What do you think about providing a link to a post on another forum when posting on a different forum?
So If I'm on AZ billiards forum and I post a posting that I would also like to post on BD forum. Can I just put a title and provide a link to the AZ forum? and vice versa? I think you guys would get the same Web site exposure and it would save a lot of your bandwidth. Instead of getting readers that go to the same posting a bunch of times. They would have a link directing them to the main posting on AZ or go from AZ to The BD forum. You would also get all the comments about a posting in one place. <hr /></blockquote>

I hope they don't allow cross posting. I think the various forums have their own uniqueness. I like CCB and rarely ever post on the others plus when I go there I don't want to see the same stuff I saw here.

Troy
04-17-2005, 10:32 AM
I see links to other sites very often.

Troy
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote christopheradams:</font><hr> I'm not sure if its called cross posting. But I have a suggestion and wanted to run it by the moderator, BD staffer or other forum readers.

So If I'm on AZ billiards forum and I post a posting that I would also like to post on BD forum. Can I just put a title and provide a link to the AZ forum? and vice versa? I think you guys would get the same Web site exposure and it would save a lot of your bandwidth. Instead of getting readers that go to the same posting a bunch of times. They would have a link directing them to the main posting on AZ or go from AZ to The BD forum. You would also get all the comments about a posting in one place. <hr /></blockquote>

Rich R.
04-18-2005, 03:14 AM
I hope they don't allow, what you are suggesting.
A very large percentage of the forum readers check the CCB, AZB and IP. There is no reason for "Cross Posting", as you call it.

In fact, I get real tired of reading the same thing, posted by you, on all of the forums. It just wastes everyones time.

NO offense meant. JMHO.

christopheradams
04-18-2005, 04:56 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr> I hope they don't allow, what you are suggesting.
A very large percentage of the forum readers check the CCB, AZB and IP. There is no reason for "Cross Posting", as you call it.

In fact, I get real tired of reading the same thing, posted by you, on all of the forums. It just wastes everyones time.

NO offense meant. JMHO. <hr /></blockquote>

It doesn't waste time if you don't read it/click on the topic heading.
I'm sure there are some people who just go to one of the forums so they would not see a post otherwise if it was only posted on one forum.

My suggestion was aimed at saving time by cutting down on multiple threads of the same topic. So if a post someone made on AZ billiards was receiving more reponses on that day for a post, a link could be placed pointing to that post instead of continuing the topic on both web sites. It was just a suggestion and something that I was thinking about. And lately I only post the same topic on multiple forums if there is an overwhelming reason to do so. Sorry if I offended you or anyone else by my multiple forum postings in the past.

And no offense taken /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

randyg
04-18-2005, 05:02 AM
I agree with Rich. Like it the way it is....SPF-randyg

Deeman2
04-18-2005, 05:41 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr> I hope they don't allow, what you are suggesting.

In fact, I get real tired of reading the same thing, posted by you, on all of the forums. It just wastes everyones time. <font color="blue"> Ditto, Ditto, Ditto,Ditto....Tap, Tap, Tap....

This aint the Christopher Robin Forum.... </font color>

Deeman

NO offense meant. JMHO. <hr /></blockquote>