PDA

View Full Version : Jefferson, MO halls?

heater451
04-17-2005, 05:44 PM
Gonna be in Jefferson, Missouri this week, for a conference.

I know this is late in the game to be asking, but does anyone have any recommendations for pool halls there?

Bar recommendations are welcome as well--preferably, with a table, of course. Seven-footers are fine.

Thanks, in advance.

=========================

Eric.
04-18-2005, 09:04 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote heater451:</font><hr> Gonna be in Jefferson, Missouri this week, for a conference.

I know this is late in the game to be asking, but does anyone have any recommendations for pool halls there?

Bar recommendations are welcome as well--preferably, with a table, of course. Seven-footers are fine.

Thanks, in advance.

========================= <hr /></blockquote>

I'm guessing you're going to Jefferson City, MO. Try : http://www.poolhall.com/

I found 1 place there.

Hope you're doing well.

Eric

mmwtdh
04-19-2005, 02:39 PM
2 pool halls.........

Mike's Corner Pocket, in the downtown area, 215 East High St, 573.634.8000. League is tonight, Tuesday.

Spectator's is on the main drag, Missouri Blvd., 573.632.9700. League is on Wednesday.

Both are nice places, 10 - 14 9' tables in each and they each have a bar table or two.

You will enjoy them both, can probably scare up a game at either one.

heater451
04-22-2005, 03:12 PM
Although I didn't get a chance to check back on the board, thanks for the replies.

Yes, it was "Jefferson City"--sorry that I dropped that.

I actually wound up in both places, Mike's and Spectators. Both nice places, and like everything in the general area seemed to be, amazingly clean. I couldn't believe how clean everywhere was---streets, businesses, the air. I thought I had hit a time warp!

I would say that I preferred Spectators to Mike's, based only on two things: There were more people at the former place, although neither were anywhere near capacity--but I was in both places mid-week, Tues and Wed. The other thing was simply that Mike's was too warm, and the little bit of pre-rain humidity made it a bit muggy. It wasn't really that bad, but it was noticeable.

All in all, Jefferson City seemed to be a nice place, and it wouldn't be bad to live there. Of course, I have no idea how large the place was, as I pretty much only saw the area near the Capitol building, and the stretch down where the "new stuff" is: Wal-Mart, Target, and the fast-food places.

==========================