PDA

View Full Version : Pool and Golf

hhilario
04-18-2005, 11:22 AM
Where can I find any historic relationship between golf and billiards? As far as I've read pool and crocket are related but haven't found anything on golf.

1Time
04-18-2005, 06:10 PM
You might find the use of a search engine called "Google" helpful.

Cane
04-19-2005, 09:00 AM
I don't know about any historic relationship between golf and pool. Both games, you're hitting a ball with a stick and trying to put something in a hole. Personally, I prefer pool and gave up golf many years ago. Reasons: I've never lost a cue ball, I've never had to hit a cue ball out of mud or sand, and I've never had to walk 250 yards to hit the same ball again. Besides, golf courses don't have Air Conditioning, Ceiling fans or Waitresses.

Later,
Bob

SpiderMan
04-19-2005, 09:01 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Cane:</font><hr> I don't know about any historic relationship between golf and pool. Both games, you're hitting a ball with a stick and trying to put something in a hole. Personally, I prefer pool and gave up golf many years ago. Reasons: I've never lost a cue ball, I've never had to hit a cue ball out of mud or sand, and I've never had to walk 250 yards to hit the same ball again. Besides, golf courses don't have Air Conditioning, Ceiling fans or Waitresses.

Later,
Bob
<hr /></blockquote>

And you're not allowed to knock the other guy's ball AWAY from the hole /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

SpiderMan

hhilario
04-19-2005, 09:09 AM
Tried Google and Altavista (before posting) but what comes is about the game of "golf billiards" not a historic relationship. If you've found anything please email it to me.