PDA

View Full Version : Best pool video game?

Thunderduck
04-18-2005, 04:50 PM
What is the best pool video game for either pc or playstation 2? Do you find that simulating pool helps you to improve your knowledge about the game, such as position play and strategy?

Tduck

PQQLK9
04-18-2005, 05:59 PM
Virtual Pool 3 for PC.

1Time
04-18-2005, 06:04 PM
I played Virtual Pool 2 a few times and found it simulated ball movement okay, but it was too hard to aim and judge ball speed to keep my interest. I could see how one could learn from it, but it's just not that efficient or practical. Seriously, just get on a table, get hands on instruction, and watch how better players get the job done and try imitating their stroke and game.

christopheradams
04-18-2005, 07:05 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Thunderduck:</font><hr> What is the best pool video game for either pc or playstation 2? Do you find that simulating pool helps you to improve your knowledge about the game, such as position play and strategy?

I like World pool championship 2004 for playstation 2. Virtual pool is good for the PC. When using it for the pc, keep the aiming lines option on. This way you can take the aiming problems out of the game. Speed simulation is a tougher problem. I seen a new thing that you hook up to a PC where you can actually stroke a pool cue but not sure if it is used with virtual pool or if it has its own game. I forget what Web site I seen this but I think it was a Chinese Web site and found it doing a search for pool videos on Google. Seems like this type of thing would be the way to go for future pool computer games.

Tduck <hr /></blockquote>

PQQLK9
04-18-2005, 11:54 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote christopheradams:</font><hr> I seen a new thing that you hook up to a PC where you can actually stroke a pool cue but not sure if it is used with virtual pool or if it has its own game. <hr /></blockquote>

http://www.joy-stick.net/images/shark.jpg
web page (http://www.joy-stick.net/reviews/other/poolshark.htm)

I bought this thing a couple of years ago. It comes with its own game and works well with VP

Thunderduck
04-19-2005, 01:27 AM
I see that Virtual Pool 3 is selling for one cent on amazon.com! How is that possible? Im scared to order it, in case its a hoax...

christopheradams
04-19-2005, 04:25 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Thunderduck:</font><hr> I see that Virtual Pool 3 is selling for one cent on amazon.com! How is that possible? Im scared to order it, in case its a hoax... <hr /></blockquote>

They are probably doing the $10+ shipping trick. They charge you .01 for the product, $10 or more for shipping, ship it for $3 and pocket the difference. Its done all the time on ebay.