PDA

View Full Version : wanting to find and old pool PC game

sack316
04-18-2005, 05:40 PM
several years back I had this pool game that I loved at my parents house, and for the life of me I can't remember the name of it. I'm hoping someone here maybe has some recollection.
Basically you start the game in your uncle's basement on your 18th birthday, and you play him a race for a few bucks to guage your skill I guess, etc. Anyway, you have the option of traveling to several themed bars and pubs (complete with matching stereotypical characters), and you gamble with them, with various games, wagers, and all that good stuff. And also you have to be careful not to win too much or they'll quit you, etc. It was really cool. As you win more money you can buy nicer cues that will up your ability, and the ultimate goal is to obtain enough cash to afford to fly to vegas and pay the entry fee into a natonal tournament, and of course win it hopefully.
It was a really cool game, and I don't know what happened to it. Anyone here ever remember this one by any chance?

PQQLK9
04-18-2005, 05:50 PM
Sounds like the original Virtual Pool Three. (Discontinued but a new VP3 without the cues and trip to vegas is available for $9.95 at most stores)

Thunderduck
04-18-2005, 11:46 PM
You start off in your uncle's basement on your 18th birthday? LOL! What the hell are you doing there?? You should be out celebrating like a normal person!

QUACK!
Tduck

sack316
04-19-2005, 02:10 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Thunderduck:</font><hr> You start off in your uncle's basement on your 18th birthday? LOL! What the hell are you doing there?? You should be out celebrating like a normal person!

QUACK!
Tduck
<hr /></blockquote>

lol, good one /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif oh, and it wasn't the virtual pool 3 game, I have that series. It's driving me crazy trying to remember it, and for that matter I don't know why that game popped back in my head after all these years. But thanks for the responses... maybe we'll figure it out eventually.

Thunderduck
04-19-2005, 11:59 PM
If you find out, let us know... You can search newsgroups or IRC for old games... in the meantime, stay out of your uncle's basement!

Tduck

kdd9
04-20-2005, 11:52 PM
It sounds alot like Real Pool to me. If I remember right, you gained more privilages and options as you progressed in that game.

Big_Jon
04-21-2005, 06:59 AM
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm (http://shopping.yahoo.com/p:Friday%20Night%203D%20Pool%20PC%20Game:199126093 0)
Could it be this one?

sack316
04-21-2005, 12:11 PM
hey all, OK I finally got too curious and began amazing task of searching every jewel case and spindle of CD's collected over the last 10 years, and low and behold I found it! The game is called "Pool Champion". I haven't installed it again yet, but I did listen to some of my old sound clips on it, and it is the one. So finally the mystery is solved. And thanks guys so much for helping me try to figure it out! We can all sleep again now.

sack316
04-21-2005, 12:12 PM
oh, and PS, I mentioned the sound clips from it... such as one of my personal fav's, "well dis butt-face been playin' pool for ten years, and got a high run of 2"