Ach du liebe Zeit!...Dear me!!!
Ach du mein GŁte!....good grief!!!!

Pope Benedict XVI
Und Ve hope Benny's papers are in order

Fran Crimi
04-19-2005, 12:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Und Ve hope Benny's papers are in order <hr /></blockquote>

Hahahahahahahaha! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I hear he's extremely intelligent and well respected by cardinals and priests alike.

JPB
04-19-2005, 12:51 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fran Crimi:</font><hr> &lt;/font&gt;&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr /&gt;
Und Ve hope Benny's papers are in order <hr /></blockquote>

Hahahahahahahaha! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I hear he's extremely intelligent and well respected by cardinals and priests alike. <hr /></blockquote>

Hitler Youth. German Army deserter. Head of the office that used to be called the Inquisition. Interesting life.

wolfdancer
04-19-2005, 01:15 PM
Jeez, we just got a new Pope, and it looks like a short reign
He's only got til 2009/2010...before "Peter the Roman" takes the helm. I'm not sure there'll be too many folks running for that spot though, after reading this:
www.catholicplanet.com/future/index.htm (http://www.catholicplanet.com/future/index.htm)
Looks like NYC has only got 'til 2012......

Fran Crimi
04-19-2005, 01:25 PM
Actually, he was enrolled as a Hitler Youth automatically. He had no say in the matter. Had no say in being in the German Army as well. Got out of it by studying for the priesthood. He and his family are on record as having been against Naziism from the beginning. There's no proof to the contrary. Definitely interesting backgound, though.

wolfdancer
04-19-2005, 01:39 PM
There were only a handful of Nazis, actually.....the others were just following orders, or had no clue to what was going on.
Everybody was against being a Nazi, which makes you wonder if the gang from Tammany Hall ran the elections over there.

Fran Crimi
04-19-2005, 01:44 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> Jeez, we just got a new Pope, and it looks like a short reign
He's only got til 2009/2010...before "Peter the Roman" takes the helm. I'm not sure there'll be too many folks running for that spot though, after reading this:
www.catholicplanet.com/future/index.htm (http://www.catholicplanet.com/future/index.htm)
Looks like NYC has only got 'til 2012...... <hr /></blockquote>

I think I'll head west around 2011. Been meaning to play Pebble Beach for a long time, anyway.

wolfdancer
04-19-2005, 02:25 PM
Last time I checked, the green fees were $350, and you had to book way in advance. I paid $125, when I played....for a six hour round......but it was worth it.....in 2012, you may have to take a second out on your mortgage to pay.
Spyglass was better suited to my game...if they would only get rid of the ice plants...only God, Ben hogan, and maybe Tiger, can hit a decent shot off of that stuff.

Cueless Joey
04-19-2005, 02:32 PM
I heard his first words were, " Let's play some pool."

JPB
04-19-2005, 02:52 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fran Crimi:</font><hr> Actually, he was enrolled as a Hitler Youth automatically. He had no say in the matter. Had no say in being in the German Army as well. Got out of it by studying for the priesthood. He and his family are on record as having been against Naziism from the beginning. There's no proof to the contrary. Definitely interesting backgound, though. <hr /></blockquote>

He had a say in being in the german army. He deserted. A more courageous sort would protest rather than run away. But he followed orders like all the other POS nazis who followed orders and sent people to ovens, at least until he felt some personal danger. He didn't protest when he worked in a factory that used slave labor from Dachau. He whined his way out of the hitler youth by claiming membership in another organization, but didn't refuse to serve based on the merits. So perhaps it can be argued he didn't really sympathize with the nazis, but he didn't exactly take any courageous stands against them. The last Pope did. And he did "just follow orders" and help the nazis.

And his past aside, the guy is a lunatic. It is going to be amusing to see his papacy. Check out his quotations on rock music, gays, etc.... He is going to start alienating people in modern countries almost immediately I think.