PDA

View Full Version : I love you all.

Chris Cass
04-20-2005, 05:12 AM
Hello my friends. I'm in a bad way right now and wanted to share what's going on with me lately. I lost my IA State tourney entry money. We did manage to get Heide' money back because someone bought the spot up.

I had been given fuids and B-12 by my Dr. to get me strong enough to play the tourney but I couldn't even hold the cue. I dropped my dr as he just wanted to make what he said, my last days happy. He gave me weeks qand mths to live. Said the cancer is winning and just gave up on me.

I was really mad that a dr could do that so, I went to another at the request of my sisters. They sent me to the Cancer Tretment Centers of America. They just work with cancer and thats their specialty. The people are really nice there and I'm presently with dr.'s that work only my type cancer.

I had taken a different type of chemo that has less side effects as my last stuff. They were mad because I was so skinny. They told me that they would feed me through my IV tubes with food to give me nutrents(sp) and gave me this chemo about a week ago.

The chemo lasted 3 days and beat me to the curb again. Last night they called to tell me to get to the hospital for 3 units of blood. The chemo took 3 units away. They asked who my dr was and I told them that my dr is in Zion, IL. and the last oncologist was my dr there at the hospital.

My last oncologist got me on the phone and told me he had to order the blood. That is proccedure. He gets me on the phone and is mad because I went to Zion and told me that they couldn't do anything for me and I had just weeks and days, to live. I was really mad then. How rude.

Anyway, Gotta go back today for the other 2 units and am still low. I'm not ready to go anywhere and need your prayers still to help me thru this again.

Talked to Voodoo and Kato over the phone and it was uplifting for me. Good friends are tough to find and at this time they come through is really nice.

I can't seem to get what the first dr said out of my mind. I weigh 130 with the added water and netients added to my body. Still, waiting for 2 weeks as then I go back to Zion for the next tests or Radiation? This is really tough on me today and I need my chin up really high about now.

If this dr is right and I am on my way out I want you all to know that you've been great. I was 107lbs before. I gained 23 lbs in 2 weeks from the IV.

God bless all of you. I'm not ready to give up.

Love,

C.C.

hondo
04-20-2005, 05:25 AM
God bless you too, CC. You're in my prayers.

Keith Talent
04-20-2005, 05:33 AM
Chris,

Here you are, fighting like hell to get better and you've got some doc telling you to give up. Unbelievable. Hope you can stay away from that guy. Sounds like you're giving it all you've got ... I'm pulling for you.

Wally_in_Cincy
04-20-2005, 05:35 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chris Cass:</font><hr>

I'm not ready to give up.

<hr /></blockquote>

You won't give up Chris. You have the heart of a lion.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chris Cass:</font><hr>

God bless all of you.

<hr /></blockquote>

God bless you too buddy

Sid_Vicious
04-20-2005, 06:15 AM
Chris,

I am really sorry that you have had this turn of recent pessimism within your physician. I feel you are doing exactly what is right for you, not giving in but looking for a different opinion instead. Giving up ain't in you today, and that spirit of yours, after all you've been through, is a big inspiration to me and the rest here I'm sure.

Would you mind PM'ing me with your phone number, I'd like to call you in person.

Hang in there Chris. Love you too!

Sid

Deeman2
04-20-2005, 06:21 AM
Chris,

Keep fighting for every ounce you can gain. Know that all our prayers include you and Heide. You beat the odds before. Do it again. I hope you can walk into that original doctor's office and give him hell one day. You have inspired all of us.

Hang in there...

Deeman

Rich R.
04-20-2005, 06:34 AM
Chris, if anyone can prove that first doctor wrong, it is you. Keep fighting. We are all with you.

Troy
04-20-2005, 06:42 AM
Hang in Chris... You can beat this thing.
Please know we are all pulling for you each in our own way.

Troy
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chris Cass:</font><hr> Hello my friends. I'm in a bad way right now and wanted to share what's going on with me lately. I lost my IA State tourney entry money. We did manage to get Heide' money back because someone bought the spot up.

I had been given fuids and B-12 by my Dr. to get me strong enough to play the tourney but I couldn't even hold the cue. I dropped my dr as he just wanted to make what he said, my last days happy. He gave me weeks qand mths to live. Said the cancer is winning and just gave up on me.

I was really mad that a dr could do that so, I went to another at the request of my sisters. They sent me to the Cancer Tretment Centers of America. They just work with cancer and thats their specialty. The people are really nice there and I'm presently with dr.'s that work only my type cancer.

I had taken a different type of chemo that has less side effects as my last stuff. They were mad because I was so skinny. They told me that they would feed me through my IV tubes with food to give me nutrents(sp) and gave me this chemo about a week ago.

The chemo lasted 3 days and beat me to the curb again. Last night they called to tell me to get to the hospital for 3 units of blood. The chemo took 3 units away. They asked who my dr was and I told them that my dr is in Zion, IL. and the last oncologist was my dr there at the hospital.

My last oncologist got me on the phone and told me he had to order the blood. That is proccedure. He gets me on the phone and is mad because I went to Zion and told me that they couldn't do anything for me and I had just weeks and days, to live. I was really mad then. How rude.

Anyway, Gotta go back today for the other 2 units and am still low. I'm not ready to go anywhere and need your prayers still to help me thru this again.

Talked to Voodoo and Kato over the phone and it was uplifting for me. Good friends are tough to find and at this time they come through is really nice.

I can't seem to get what the first dr said out of my mind. I weigh 130 with the added water and netients added to my body. Still, waiting for 2 weeks as then I go back to Zion for the next tests or Radiation? This is really tough on me today and I need my chin up really high about now.

If this dr is right and I am on my way out I want you all to know that you've been great. I was 107lbs before. I gained 23 lbs in 2 weeks from the IV.

God bless all of you. I'm not ready to give up.

Love,

C.C. <hr /></blockquote>

Cueless Joey
04-20-2005, 07:03 AM
God bless you bud.
Stay strong. My mother had uteral cancer 10 years ago. She's still with us with the Lord's help.

Fran Crimi
04-20-2005, 08:01 AM
Hi my friend,

I swear, some doctors can be such jerks. They don't like to hear that another doctor may be able to do what they can't do. God forbid they should think of their patients before their own egos.

I like that movie "The Doctor" with William Hurt. He plays a cancer doctor who's a jerk who becomes a cancer patient in his own hospital. He realizes how horrible he treated his patients when his own staff treats him the same way. When he recovers he changes the entire hospital policy towards patients.

You hang in there, Chris. You've gained weight. That's a really good thing. Stay strong!

Love,
Fran

Barbara
04-20-2005, 08:20 AM
Hey Chris!

23 lbs in two weeks? Wow! That's great!

You fight this and walk into that other Doctor's office and prove him wrong! I'm betting on you!

Barbara

eg8r
04-20-2005, 09:05 AM
Don't give up buddy. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif Me personally, I would ask your first doc to just quit calling. There is no reason to not believe your new docs at the Cancer Treatment Center will be able to help you.

Just so you know, we have never quit praying for you and your family. Don't give up, as we are not giving up on you.

Sincerely your friend,

eg8r

Leviathan
04-20-2005, 10:17 AM
Thank you for your love, Chris. You have a generous heart, and that's one of the reasons why your friends love you. About Iowa--I'll make you a deal. You beat this damn cancer and I'll come and watch you play in Iowa next year.

Thanks for everything,
Alan

ras314
04-20-2005, 10:31 AM
Chris,

This is a post I hoped never to see. I hope the next will be proof there is more about cancer cures (and people) than one paticular doctor/hospital knows. Both my parents died of cancer and in both cases the doctors simply gave up.

God bless.

rukiddingme
04-20-2005, 11:01 AM
God bless you and your family Chris. We love you too.
ruk

Winston Churchill October 29, 1941
"Never give up. Never, never, never, never; in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense. Never yield to force, never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy".

mickeymouse
04-20-2005, 12:10 PM
Dear Chris,

I work with 17 pastors in a mega-church and pastor the "Senior Adult Ministries". No forwardness here just an offer of compassion.

If you need anything, have any questions, have detailed prayer requests feel free to e-mail me at itmpmk@aol.com -

If I can be of any help.......Mark

Tom_In_Cincy
04-20-2005, 12:16 PM
I thought along time before I replied to your post.

I know one thing for sure about you, you're not a quitter.

I am a better person for knowing you and your family.

Every time I see CCB the CC remind me of you. My man, Chris Cass.

I love you too

landshark77
04-20-2005, 12:23 PM
Chris,

You are in our thoughts and prayers.

dg-in-centralpa
04-20-2005, 12:49 PM
Chris,
You faced death against heavy odds once and won. I just did the same under a different disease and won. There is no reason you can't win a second time. My thoughts and prayers are with you. If you want someone to talk to, pm me your phone number and I'll call.

Duane

Rod
04-20-2005, 01:47 PM
Hi Chris,

That's cruel, a doctor giving up on you. Glad to hear your going to a better place now. I'll still think about you and the family and it's always a relief when we hear something from you. Good or not so you your still fighting. I don't come over to this side of the board all that often due to limited time.

You keep on fighting and I'll put in a few thoughts to the big guy. I don't know if he pays attention but I hope so. Love you right back Chris and your family.

Rod

Deeman2
04-20-2005, 01:57 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rod:</font><hr> Hi Chris,

That's cruel, a doctor giving up on you. Glad to hear your going to a better place now. I'll still think about you and the family and it's always a relief when we hear something from you. Good or not so you your still fighting. I don't come over to this side of the board all that often due to limited time.

You keep on fighting and I'll put in a few thoughts to the big guy. I don't know if he pays attention but I hope so. Love you right back Chris and your family.

Rod <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue"> He does pay attention....

Deeman </font color>

Gayle in MD
04-20-2005, 03:21 PM
Hey Chris,
They told Hal Houle the same thing many years ago, and he's still around and kicking!

Everyone here loves you friend. You are a very special person.

Love,
Gayle

PQQLK9
04-20-2005, 05:05 PM
I'm praying for you Chris and I still need a spot when we play One Pocket /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

pooltchr
04-20-2005, 06:07 PM
CC
When it's hill-hill and there's just the 9 ball left, THE GAME ISN'T OVER. Just because a doctor gave up, Don't you do it! Focus on beating it. You can do it! We are all pulling for you!
Steve

cheesemouse
04-20-2005, 06:22 PM
Your tough Chris, very tough....I'm all in for your buddy...

cueball1950
04-20-2005, 06:54 PM
CC... your the man. like everybody else has said before. If anyone can beat this terrible disease again it is you. You and the Family are in my families prayers and thoughts. So plesa keep fighting. You are definately an insperation to us all.....................................mike

nAz
04-20-2005, 09:31 PM
ahhh someone loves me /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

CarolNYC
04-21-2005, 03:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
just gave up on me.

<hr /></blockquote>
What an a$$hole!!!!!
LIVESTRONG Chris /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Carol~calls a duck,a duck and this guys a "quack"

tateuts
04-21-2005, 04:22 PM
Best wishes to you, Chris. We are here for you if you need us. We need you too - the boards just aren't the same without you. We miss you.

Chris

Stretch
04-21-2005, 05:42 PM
I'm praying for you Chris. We're all strong for you my good man. LIVE every day. LOVE every day. That's what we do.

Your brotha from anotha motha /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

William

stickman
04-21-2005, 09:19 PM
Hang in there old friend. We're all pulling for you. My love to you, Heide, and Spike.

Jim

Vagabond
04-22-2005, 05:58 AM
Scorpios are good fighters.Keep fighting,Chris.I love u too.
Vagabond /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Voodoo Daddy
04-22-2005, 09:38 AM
Dont love me lil man...love the Dr's that are putting your pieces back together, THEN love yourself enough to make a champions comeback to all that you love and cherish. Ok, you can love me a lil bit!!!

Rich R.
04-22-2005, 10:50 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Voodoo Daddy:</font><hr> Dont love me lil man...love the Dr's that are putting your pieces back together, THEN love yourself enough to make a champions comeback to all that you love and cherish. Ok, you can love me a lil bit!!! <hr /></blockquote>
I have this vision of Voodoo and Chris having a great big hug.

Oh, wait a minute, where did Chris go? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kato
04-22-2005, 07:43 PM
Ha, I'm more Chris's size /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Good talking to ya brah. Later.

R.J.