PDA

View Full Version : Williams Chalks Up 147

BoroNut
04-20-2005, 11:22 AM
Ex champ Mark Williams produced a maximum 147 on his way to a 10-1 victory over newcomer Robert Milkins in the Snooker World Championship today. It's nice to see him looking more like his old self again.

Assuming nobody else gets a maximum - it's never been done twice in the tournament - he'll net the tidy sum of 16,000 for highest break. As well as the small bonus of 147,000 for the maximum of course. Not a bad screw for 10 minutes work.

bsmutz
04-20-2005, 02:30 PM
Awesome. Thanks for the update. I'm curious about the last sentence in your post. I've seen the word "screw" used in a lot of different ways (synonym for sex, screw your opponent, etc.), but I'm pretty sure I've never seen it used this way. Could you elucidate, please? (Is it synonymous with wage, bonus, sex?) Thanks.

BoroNut
04-20-2005, 03:01 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bsmutz:</font><hr> ...Could you elucidate, please? (Is it synonymous with wage, bonus, sex?) Thanks. <hr /></blockquote>

That's right. In the UK it has many different meanings such as a twisty nail, 'draw' on a cue ball, a prison officer, copulation, or wage/rate/earnings, among others. Obviously in this case I mean a prison officer.

Boro Nut

SpiderMan
04-21-2005, 08:06 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote BoroNut:</font><hr> Not a bad screw for 10 minutes work. <hr /></blockquote>

I'd probably feel cheated, unless it was free.

SpiderMan