PDA

View Full Version : DG is Home from the Hospital!

dg-in-centralpa
04-20-2005, 07:26 PM
Update! I came home last night! Mary was with me yesterday when the dialysis doc came in and told me that I was going home. You could have knocked us both over with a feather. We had no idea this was coming. I still had to do another round of dialysis first. Mary started packing up all my things. According to the hospital, I was officially discharged at 4:15 but only left the hospital at almost 8pm, had a half hour drive home, plus had to stop at the drug store before they closed at 9pm. I was getting pi$$ed that it took me so long to get out. Many thanks for the phone calls, cards, thoughts, and prayers. It seems that the worst is over, except for therapy, and maybe some skin grafting. I will be at the Open. I doubt if I will be able to play the CCB tourney, depends on my arm. But I must come to see all of you. You all have shown more love and care for me and my family than some of my blood family. For this I, as well as Mary, am eternally grateful. Your notes, calls, thoughts helped me get through some rough days. Agai to everyone here, thank you for all you have done.

Duane

wolfdancer
04-20-2005, 07:58 PM
Hey, great news !!!

Rod
04-20-2005, 08:15 PM
Well hopefully you get off the dialysis in the near future. I find it somewhat amazing, when the body suffers dease, heart attack or sometimes truama the kidneys shut down. Just when you need them most they take a vacation. LOL Good to see you chipper Duane, now hopefully all parts will start working again.

Rod

cueball1950
04-20-2005, 08:42 PM
about dam time sir. i was really missing you. was also glad to hear your voice for the 1st time. hope the call surprised you. please pm me your home phone number so i can call and harass you more...lol.....mike

nAz
04-20-2005, 09:56 PM
/ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

happy to hear the news my friend.

CarolNYC
04-21-2005, 02:46 AM
Hey there Duane,
Well, this is the best news I've heard all week! Im very happy you are home and I think Mary is a wonderful person /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
If I make it to the Open, I'll shoot FOR YOU /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif
I owe you one /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Carol~will one day have that dinner with Duane AND MARY /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Brian in VA
04-21-2005, 05:05 AM
Glad to hear that another CCB member is home. Welcome back dg! See you at the Open.

Brian in VA

dg-in-centralpa
04-21-2005, 01:59 PM
Mike,
You did shock me when you called. If you decide to call, make it late in the day or evening as I'll have the visiting nurse or dialysis to contend with.

Duane

dg-in-centralpa
04-21-2005, 02:01 PM
Carol,
You shoot for me at the open and you, your hubby, Mary, and I will have that dinner. Deal?

Duane

stickman
04-21-2005, 08:54 PM
Duane, I'm so pleased to hear that you are home and doing much better. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Jim

CarolNYC
04-23-2005, 02:37 AM
DEAL!!!!!!
Carol /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

dg-in-centralpa
04-29-2005, 01:16 PM
from mrs dg
He's been home a week and a day, and getting better! He moves around the house on his own. When he needs an extra hand for brushing his teeth or putting in his contacts, little miss dg and I are there for him. He's eating regular home cooking but still limited to 1 1/2 liters of liquid per day. Blood pressure seems to be stabilizing and he's kept all his food down for the last several days (knock on wood).

The kidneys are showing some signs of improvement but still have a good way to go. He still goes to dialysis MWF but has not performed his fainting 3 times in a morning routine since last Friday. I've decided that these kidneys need to be treated like babies in the womb ... I am going to start reading to them, talking to them kindly, reminding of what their function is, maybe I'll sing to them a bit too, to encourage them to wake up and come back to work. ("Wake up little kidneys, wake up!")

Speaking of work, I am doing my best to be back to work, even if it is only a part time schedule at this time. The visiting nurses were coming every day to change Duane's dressing, but now that job goes to me because...

ALL THE STITCHES AND ALL THE STAPLES WERE REMOVED TUESDAY! Follow-up appt with "Plastic" 2 weeks after final surgery went well. Over 133 stitches and 50-70 staples were removed. Overall, the arm is healing well except for 2-3" square area around the elbow which has turned black. We go back again in 2 weeks. The arm is still grim to look at and will be permanently scarred (it looks like a shark attacked him, but we think he should say it was a killer guinea pig). His shoulder has mobility, but the rest is returning very slowly. He's trying to get his thumb to touch each of the fingers. Appt with physical therapist next week.
His spirits are good, and although he is restless to be well, he sleeps a lot. I feel a bit safer leaving him alone for little periods of time now.
And life continues on. We are chugging our way through a beautiful spring, grateful of so many wonderful things and looking forward to his continuing healing.

Thank each one of you for your loving, healing thoughts for all of us here.
Mary

John_Madden
04-29-2005, 06:44 PM
Good. I don't know DG but have really enjoyed his posts for the last year. Glad that one of the nice guys is doing good. Looking forward to reading more of his posts and hope he gets back to playing as soon as he can - nothing like a good game of pool.
Jack
www.johnmaddencues.com (http://www.johnmaddencues.com)

Snyder1
04-29-2005, 06:59 PM
Good deal DG ... you sure have had a tough go of it lately, but glad to hear you're on the mend. Take it easy & there'll be plenty of time for pool, get well ...

JS

Chris Cass
05-01-2005, 05:10 PM
Still praying for you Duane,

hope you feel better.

Best Regards,

C.C.

dg-in-centralpa
05-02-2005, 04:35 PM
Likewise my friend. I was talking with Sid over the weekend and told me that it's going better for you. That's good to hear. I had my first session of therapy on my hand today. Almost went thru the roof due to pain. But it has to be. If you need to talk, pm me your number and I'll be glad to call. Take care my friend.
Duane