PDA

View Full Version : Jane Fonda Finally Gets What She Deserves....

nhp
04-20-2005, 08:50 PM
http://entertainment.msn.com/movies/article.aspx?news=188603&GT1=6428

I hope she remembers that for a long time.

nAz
04-20-2005, 09:30 PM
hmmm, if he had any real balls he should have stayed there instead of running off like a little girl. lol, all well maybe now she will sell an extra million copies of her book.

nhp
04-20-2005, 09:46 PM
Protesting the Vietnam war is one thing, but siding with the enemy, that's just a horrible thing to do, especially to our soldiers who were over there fighting. To see a huge icon like her calling them murderers, that's just evil of her.

Rich R.
04-21-2005, 03:20 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote nhp:</font><hr> Protesting the Vietnam war is one thing, but siding with the enemy, that's just a horrible thing to do, especially to our soldiers who were over there fighting. To see a huge icon like her calling them murderers, that's just evil of her. <hr /></blockquote>
In recent interviews she has admitted that she was wrong, in doing what she did.
I guess she was just young and stupid, a phase most people go through. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

rukiddingme
04-21-2005, 06:31 AM
She made a mistake. She regrets it and has apologized for it.
IMO it is time for all to get over it.
ruk

9 Ball Girl
04-21-2005, 07:11 AM
I guess he wasn't Fonda Jane! Parum pum!

Cueless Joey
04-21-2005, 07:27 AM
Has she really made a sincere apology?
What she did was utterly dumb and insensetive.
If she wants the hate for her to really end, she really needs to make a BIG and on-public apology.

PQQLK9
04-21-2005, 07:48 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote nhp:</font><hr> http://entertainment.msn.com/movies/article.aspx?news=188603&amp;GT1=6428

I hope she remembers that for a long time. <hr /></blockquote>

I think it was a cowardly act by a jerk who should have been hauled off to jail.

SpiderMan
04-21-2005, 08:09 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Cueless Joey:</font><hr> Has she really made a sincere apology?
What she did was utterly dumb and insensetive.
If she wants the hate for her to really end, she really needs to make a BIG and on-public apology. <hr /></blockquote>

Yes - Like Hillary, letting us know that rabid liberalism was just a phase she went through, and there's nothing to worry about now /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

SpiderMan

LARRY_BOY
04-21-2005, 08:31 AM
I don't understand your title to this post "Jane finally gets what she deserves"? I thought the punishment for aiding and abeding the enemy was hanging?

Wally_in_Cincy
04-21-2005, 08:51 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote PQQLK9:</font><hr> I think it was a cowardly act by a jerk who should have been hauled off to jail. <hr /></blockquote>

I agree.

Oh wait, I thought you were talking about Jane in 1968 /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Deeman2
04-21-2005, 09:01 AM
Hey,

I don't like Jane Fonda and think she is just selling books and do not care for her apology. However, i don't like people spitting on people. I don't like people throwing pies in Ann Coulter's face. I think enough people know her politics to make a decision on her motives, etc. Spitting on another human being is rude and not what we are all about.

Only a Viet Nam Veteran can forgive her or not. I just don't like the uncivil way we treat all we don't agree with. Buy her book, don't but her book, protest her, whatever, just don't stoop to this.

Deeman

Gayle in MD
04-21-2005, 10:03 AM
Tap Tap Tap! What kind of person does something so disgusting as spitting in someones face.

She has apologized several times, and continues to apologize for being photographed on that tank, and for any harm or discomfort that might have been caused by any actions she took, to our men.

She does not apologize for being an activist against the war, or for helping to shed light on the lies that were being told to the American people by two presidents, and others in government, or for caring about what was being done to innocent civilians in Vietnam.

Many forget, that thousands and thousands of veterans came back and protested the lies that were being told to us, and that her involvment and activism was appreciated by those veterans who stood shoulder to shoulder with her, and who were not in denial about what our government was really doing, and the lies they were telling us.

Being against a war, is not the same thing as not supporting our men, in fact, sometimes it is more supportive to stand up and be heard when our country is wrong, and our men are not getting the support they deserve from our own President and government. Or when the retaliation of our government is inhumane, and far greater than it should be in comparison to what the war issue is about.

She may have made some mistakes, but I think that her heart was in the right place, and that she has gotten a bum rap ever since, especially from the "My country, right or wrong" types. What makes our country great, is the right we have to stand up and be heard when many of us think that those in power are doing things which are not right.

JMO....
Gayle in Md.

SnakebyteXX
04-21-2005, 10:46 AM
SpiderMan:
[ QUOTE ]
Yes - Like Hillary, letting us know that rabid liberalism was just a phase she went through, and there's nothing to worry about now <hr /></blockquote>

Most of us have done things in our past that we now sincerely regret. Even the new Pope was once a member of the Hitler Youth and later wore a Wehrmacht uniform fighting against the Allies.

Jane Fonda has publicly apologized for her egregious actions during her ill-advised trip to Hanoi during the Viet Nam War. Can an apology erase the past? No. But it does open the door for forgiveness. Forgiveness begins the process of healing.

For me it's been more healthy to forgive and forget. But that's a personal choice on my part and not something I demand or expect of others. You are welcome to your sentiments.

Snake

Cueless Joey
04-21-2005, 10:57 AM
I really don't have to forgive Hanoi Jane b/c I didn't go to Vietnam. I wasn't offended by her tomahawk chop during the Braves games.
But, I can't stand her hypocritical azz. She and Tom Hayden were big-anti 4th ammendment bozos. Yet, when someone broke into their home, they both pulled their handguns from the drawer. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif
I guess they had the right to own handguns but not the "other" people.

Rich R.
04-21-2005, 11:08 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Cueless Joey:</font><hr> If she wants the hate for her to really end, she really needs to make a BIG and on-public apology. <hr /></blockquote>
She has apologized during interviews on national television shows.
How much more public can you get? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Troy
04-21-2005, 11:14 AM
What is the connection between a hand gun and the 4th amendment ???

Amendment IV
The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Cueless Joey:</font><hr> I really don't have to forgive Hanoi Jane b/c I didn't go to Vietnam. I wasn't offended by her tomahawk chop during the Braves games.
But, I can't stand her hypocritical azz. She and Tom Hayden were big-anti 4th ammendment bozos. Yet, when someone broke into their home, they both pulled their handguns from the drawer. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif
I guess they had the right to own handguns but not the "other" people. <hr /></blockquote>

Wally_in_Cincy
04-21-2005, 11:21 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Troy:</font><hr> What is the connection between a hand gun and the 4th amendment ???

<hr /></blockquote>

i think he meant 2nd

the one that allows rosie o'donut to have armed bodyguards, speaking of hypocrites

Cueless Joey
04-21-2005, 11:33 AM
The right to not get frisked. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
Thnx for the correction.
Oh Rosie attacked Tom Selleck in her show. Poor Tom was there to promote a movie and Rosie went on a diatribe blah blah blah, " How can you let an organization supporting assault-rifles use your image?" blah blah blah.

Wally_in_Cincy
04-21-2005, 12:17 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Cueless Joey:</font><hr> .
Oh Rosie attacked Tom Selleck in her show. Poor Tom was there to promote a movie and Rosie went on a diatribe blah blah blah, " <hr /></blockquote>

You probably don't rmember this but Phil Donahue did the same thing to Chuck Norris about 20 yeras ago.

Norris thought he was there to promote his new movie. Donahue comes out with a Rambo style kerchief on his head saying how could anybody defend violent movies.

Then he brought out 3 liberals, a college prof, a psychologist and some other flake. 3 on 1 against Chuck and he kicked their asses in the debate.

not bad for somebody that was sucker-punched

Deeman2
04-21-2005, 01:27 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Cueless Joey:</font><hr> The right to not get frisked. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
Thnx for the correction.
Oh Rosie attacked Tom Selleck in her show. Poor Tom was there to promote a movie and Rosie went on a diatribe blah blah blah, " How can you let an organization supporting assault-rifles use your image?" blah blah blah. <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue"> Joey,

My favorite scene in a movie was when he shot that bucket in Quigley Down Under. Best line was, "I said I didn't have much use for a colt, never said I didn't know how."

Deeman</font color>

Cueless Joey
04-21-2005, 02:05 PM
I remember that. :-)
One of the best westerns in ages.
Tom and the other non-gunphobics hold their shooting funfest here at Coto de Casa.
Tom, like me, is partial to the 1911. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

nhp
04-21-2005, 02:59 PM
Lets not forget how many of our vietnam veterans were spat on when they came back from a war they didn't want to fight. Lets not forget how many of them were called murderers when they came back, and Jane was a big leader of this propaganda.

Cueless Joey
04-21-2005, 03:23 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote nhp:</font><hr> Lets not forget how many of our vietnam veterans were spat on when they came back from a war they didn't want to fight. Lets not forget how many of them were called murderers when they came back, and Jane was a big leader of this propaganda. <hr /></blockquote>
I'm pretty sure she has apologized for it. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

DickLeonard
04-21-2005, 05:47 PM
Spiderman FYI Jane and I both graduated high school in Troy N.Y in 1955. What she did in Viet Nam wasn't as bad as the three Presidents from Texas have done, Johnson lied about the Gulf of Tonkin,Johnson sr took us to war and GWBush lied about wmd. Pres Bush loaded up the ben Laudin Family after 911 and flew them out of the country. Of course the Bushes had ties to Saudi Oil Interests.

The three Presidents have killed 80,000+ soldiers and cost us Billions of Dollars. ####

Gayle in MD
04-21-2005, 07:35 PM
Tap Tap Tap,
Dick...You're my kinda guy! I just love the way you cut right to the heart of the matter, and tell it like it is. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Gayle In Md. I hope you make it to NY this weekend, and to Corner Billiards, sunday, 11th Street, between 3rd and 4th Avenues, right accross from Union Square.

Love,
Gayle /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

eg8r
04-22-2005, 04:08 AM
I agree, no one should be spitting on anyone's face.

[ QUOTE ]
She has apologized several times, and continues to apologize for being photographed on that tank, and for any harm or discomfort that might have been caused by any actions she took, to our men.
<hr /></blockquote> I can accept the last part, if it really happened, however the first part is funny. Why would she apologize for being photographed on the tank? Is she just sorry for being photographed, or is she sorry she was caught? Or, is she sorry for even being over there, and understands she had no business being there?

I guess we will never know, unless she decides to come on here and answer it. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif Any chance she is lurking? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

eg8r

Gayle in MD
04-22-2005, 05:27 AM
Hi Ed,
During an interview, She said that she wasn't aware that she was asked to get on there for picture opportunities to be used for propaganda. Hey, she was young, and obviously was more concerned about what was happening over there than what would be said about her for going. I guess you think the students at Kent State had no business protesting, either, and deserved to be shot for it? I guess you think the thousands of Veterans who marched in Washington DC had no business doing that either, Right? No, she isn't sorry for trying to end a stupid war that was unwinnable, and one we shouldn't have been involved in in the first place.

I'm sure she isn't sorry for going over there in an effort to learn the truth, and to try to hear the other side of the story. According to Robert McNamara, when he had discussions years later with the Vietnamese leaders, he learned that we had sized up the situation in Vietnam incorrectly. We had seen it as part of the cold war. They saw it as a civil war for their independence. We had no business being involved over there.

When all is said and done, those who protested the war, played a definate role in ending our involvment over there, Ms. Fonda being one who protested. She had as much right to go over there as any other American.

Gayle in Md. BTW, the old saying was "Children should be seen and not heard" Not Women! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
04-22-2005, 05:57 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr>

...She had as much right to go over there as any other American....
<hr /></blockquote>

You were making sense until I read this.

SHE HAD ABSOLUTELY NO RIGHT TO GO OVER THERE !!

She was aiding and abetting the enemy and if anybody had done that in WWII they would have gone to prison for treason.

She's just lucky the war was so controversial and divisive. Of course the President or the Justice Dept. could not spend political energy prosecuting her so nothing happened to her.

Rich R.
04-22-2005, 07:04 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr>She was aiding and abetting the enemy and if anybody had done that in WWII they would have gone to prison for treason.<hr /></blockquote>
Wally, in what way was she "aiding and abetting"?
To the best of my knowledge, she didn't take any arms or ammunition, nor did she take any other supplies to the enemy. She went on a fact finding mission and had her picture taken.
If I am correct, you would have a hard time proving "aiding and abetting", in a court of law.

Deeman2
04-22-2005, 07:49 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr>She was aiding and abetting the enemy and if anybody had done that in WWII they would have gone to prison for treason.<hr /></blockquote>
Wally, in what way was she "aiding and abetting"? <font color="blue">
When she handed that note secretly given to her by the American prisoner to his captors, I consider that aiding and abetting the enemy. He suffered directly by her actions.

It didn't do a lot of good for troop moral to see a fellow American sitting in the seat of an anti aircraft gun that shot down some of them, smiling and joyful for the photo op. </font color>

Deeman
To the best of my knowledge, she didn't take any arms or ammunition, nor did she take any other supplies to the enemy. She went on a fact finding mission and had her picture taken.
If I am correct, you would have a hard time proving "aiding and abetting", in a court of law. <hr /></blockquote> <font color="blue"> I disagree, but they were smart not to try. it was a bad time for us and that would have only been more devisive. </font color>

Deeman
still wouold not spit on Comrade Jane...

Wally_in_Cincy
04-22-2005, 08:18 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr> Wally, in what way was she "aiding and abetting"?
If I am correct, you would have a hard time proving "aiding and abetting", in a court of law. <hr /></blockquote>

It's my opinion.

I still say if someone had gone to the Fatherland during WWII and done something like that they would have gone to prison.

Wally_in_Cincy
04-22-2005, 08:26 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman2:</font><hr>
...When she handed that note secretly given to her by the American prisoner to his captors, I consider that aiding and abetting the enemy. He suffered directly by her actions.

<hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue">I always was skeptical of that story. The rest of this article rips her pretty good though /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif</font color>

http://www.snopes.com/military/fonda.asp

<font color="red">"It's a figment of somebody's imagination," says Ret. Col. Larry Carrigan, one of the servicemen mentioned in the 'slips of paper' incident. Carrigan was shot down over North Vietnam in 1967 and did spend time in a POW camp. He has no idea why the story was attributed to him, saying, "I never met Jane Fonda." </font color>

in July 1972, when actress Jane Fonda arrived in Hanoi, North Vietnam, and began a two-week tour of the country conducted by uniformed military hosts. Aside from visiting villages, hospitals, schools, and factories, Fonda also posed for pictures in which she was shown applauding North Vietnamese anti-aircraft gunners, was photographed peering into the sights of an NVA anti-aircraft artillery launcher, and made ten propagandistic Tokyo Rose-like radio broadcasts in which she denounced American political and military leaders as "war criminals."

<font color="blue">Is that treasonous enough for you Rich? /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif </font color>

She also spoke with eight American POWs at a carefully arranged "press conference," POWS who had been tortured by their North Vietnamese captors to force them to meet with Fonda, deny they had been tortured, and decry the American war effort. Fonda apparently didn't notice (or care) that the POWs were delivering their lines under duress or find it unusual the she was not allowed to visit the prisoner-of-war camp (commonly known as the "Hanoi Hilton") itself. She merely went home and told the world that "[the POWs] assured me they were in good health. When I asked them if they were brainwashed, they all laughed. Without exception, they expressed shame at what they had done." She did, however, charge that North Vietnamese POWs were systematically tortured in American prison-of-war camps.

To add insult to injury, when American POWs finally began to return home (some of them having been held captive for up to nine years) and describe the tortures they had endured at the hands of the North Vietnamese, Jane Fonda quickly told the country that they should "not hail the POWs as heroes, because they are hypocrites and liars." Fonda said the idea that the POWs she had met in Vietnam had been tortured was "laughable," claiming: "These were not men who had been tortured. These were not men who had been starved. These were not men who had been brainwashed." The POWs who said they had been tortured were "exaggerating, probably for their own self-interest," she asserted. She told audiences that "Never in the history of the United States have POWs come home looking like football players. These football players are no more heroes than Custer was. They're military careerists and professional killers" who are "trying to make themselves look self-righteous, but they are war criminals according to law."

Were Jane Fonda's actions treason, or were they the exercise of a private citizen's right to freedom of speech? At the time, the legal aspects of this question were moot: President Nixon was engaged in trying to wind down American involvement in Vietnam and had to face another election in a few months, so politically he had far more to lose than to gain by making a martyr out of a prominent anti-war activist. (No requirement in either the Constitution or federal law states that the U.S. must be engaged in a declared war, or any war at all, before charges of treason can be brought against an individual.)

Rich R.
04-22-2005, 09:08 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> <font color="blue">Is that treasonous enough for you Rich? /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif </font color> <hr /></blockquote>
No, I don't think a photo-op is treason.
Now, if she had fired that weapon, at a U.S. plane, that would have been treason.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr>President Nixon was engaged in trying to wind down American involvement in Vietnam and had to face another election in a few months, so politically he had far more to lose than to gain by making a martyr out of a prominent anti-war activist<hr /></blockquote>
Now, if you really want to discuss criminal activity, we can.......
No, we'll save that for another slow day. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Gayle in MD
04-22-2005, 09:18 AM
Wally,
I don't agree. A lot has been written about what happened when she went there, most of it is, shall we say, propaganda. There is a movie, showing now on the sundance channel, if you get it, and also on several other channels, called,.... The Fog Of War, ... it's an eye opener for sure.

McNamara, "If it happened today, we'd have all been arrested for war crimes" ...

I think when you are young and passionate about what you think is right, your heart may be in the right place, but your methods are often incorrect.

Personally, I think it is horrible what we did over there. So do many Veterans. Also, what we did to Japan was way beyond equal retaliation. We're not always right. No country is.

She's apologized over and over, what more can she do now? People should move on, and leave her alone, IMO.

She wasn't the only American who went there to learn the truth, you know.

Gayle in Md.

Wally_in_Cincy
04-22-2005, 09:22 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> <font color="blue">Is that treasonous enough for you Rich? /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif </font color> <hr /></blockquote>
<hr /></blockquote>

I guess there's no point in discussing further then.

Wally_in_Cincy
04-22-2005, 09:25 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> ...what we did to Japan was way beyond equal retaliation. ... <hr /></blockquote>

Gayle,

Why do you hate America? /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

(before you go on a rant, I'm kidding)

love and kisses,

Gayle in MD
04-22-2005, 09:32 AM
LOL, typin'ain't rantin' and pose'n ain't killin'
/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Love and kisses right back atcha friend...
Love,
Gayle

SPetty
04-22-2005, 09:34 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> I think when you are young and passionate about what you think is right, your heart may be in the right place, but your methods are often incorrect. <hr /></blockquote>I was surprised to read in that Snopes story that Fonda was 34 years old when she did this.

cheesemouse
04-22-2005, 10:10 AM
nhp,

As a Viet Nam era vetern I find it much easier to forgive Fonda for her personal indiscretions than I find it to forgive my government, its leaders, and those in the know for using me and my fellow vets as cannon fodder in an illegal, stupid, ill planned misadventure which only benefited only our enemys. It is very difficult to forgive someone, something that will kill you and in the same breath call you unpatriotic if you don't let them do it.

Rich R.
04-22-2005, 10:48 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cheesemouse:</font><hr> nhp,

As a Viet Nam era vetern I find it much easier to forgive Fonda for her personal indiscretions than I find it to forgive my government, its leaders, and those in the know for using me and my fellow vets as cannon fodder in an illegal, stupid, ill planned misadventure which only benefited only our enemys. It is very difficult to forgive someone, something that will kill you and in the same breath call you unpatriotic if you don't let them do it. <hr /></blockquote>
Tap, Tap, Tap.

eg8r
04-22-2005, 11:48 AM
You are making assumptions you know nothing about. How I feel about Kent State and DC has nothing to do with this discussion on Hanoi Jane. I would appreciate it if you could keep to the subject matter.

[ QUOTE ]
No, she isn't sorry for trying to end a stupid war that was unwinnable, and one we shouldn't have been involved in in the first place.
<hr /></blockquote> Like I guessed, you would try and speak for her. You began the reply with the word "No", so I guess you were answering a question. So, I went and re-read the questions I asked and lo and behold I notice your reply would not make sense as an answer to any of the questions.

Thanks for the attempt, but those questions were not aimed at you, and I thought that would be evidently clear when I posted, " <font color="red"> I guess we will never know, unless she decides to come on here and answer it. </font color> "

eg8r

eg8r
04-22-2005, 11:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
<hr /></blockquote> Take a second and read everything that was posted. How on earth could the photo-op be the only thing you read? /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

Gayle in MD
04-22-2005, 12:33 PM
Eg8r, "Or is she sorry for even being there, and understands she had no business even being there"

In her book, she states that she does not regret her efforts to end the war, or going to Vietnam, only that others, mainly SOME Veterans, were offended by it. I am not speaking for her, only forwarding her own comments. She also states that she feels that the activism against the war, by herself, and others who protested our misguided involvment over there, helped to end the war sooner, and saved lives which would have surely been lost. I agree with her.

Who said anything about guessing how you feel about DC, didn't think we were discussing the Nations Capital, only demonstrations against the war.

How do you feel about what happened at Kent State? As I stated in my post, I was guessing.... that is a different thing entirely from presumming.

Don't you get tired of all your little hair splitting semantic tirades Ed? Just get used to it, hardly anyone here sticks to the subject, so adjust!

Forgive me Mr. Post police for not adhering to your strict posting rules, LMAO ! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Gayle in Md. Poor Ed, nobody sticks to the subject... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Gayle in MD
04-22-2005, 12:49 PM
Tap Tap Tap ! Well said my friend. I had and have many friends who served in Vietnam who feel just as you feel about that war, and those leaders of whom you speak. Unfortunately, many of them never came back. I'm glad that you made it back home, friend.

Gayle in Md.

DickLeonard
04-22-2005, 02:13 PM
God I am sorry I meant Trillions of Dollars.####

eg8r
04-22-2005, 02:59 PM
While I hope this does not come across as being mean, I guess I will have to hold your hand and help clarify... [ QUOTE ]
Who said anything about guessing how you feel about DC, didn't think we were discussing the Nations Capital, only demonstrations against the war.
<hr /></blockquote> Here are the quotes that you have somehow misinterpreted (do I dare "guess" that is what happens with a lot of your political views?) <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle from earlier post:</font><hr> I guess you think the students at Kent State had no business protesting, either, and deserved to be shot for it? I guess you think the thousands of Veterans who marched in Washington DC had no business doing that either, Right? <blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r's reply:</font><hr> You are making assumptions you know nothing about. How I feel about Kent State and DC has nothing to do with this discussion on Hanoi Jane. I would appreciate it if you could keep to the subject matter.
<hr /></blockquote> <hr /></blockquote> Now given all the quotes together in one post, you might see where I got the DC reference. As in the mention of Kent state I did not refer to the students, likewise in DC I did not refer to the thousands of veterans. Hope that clears things up for you, also to clear things up for you, we were NOT discussing demonstations against the war, we were discussing Hanoi Jane. You decided to change the subject and then did not even follow the dialogue.

Now that all that is cleared up...Can a presumption be based on an assumption or are they mutually exclusive? If they are, are they always?

[ QUOTE ]
Don't you get tired of all your little hair splitting semantic tirades Ed? <hr /></blockquote> Do you think I have had a tirade? Nothing on this board is worth that. As far as hair splitting semantics, if facts bug you, quit posting. If you mention something and then are corrected, will you always get defensive and believe I am in a tirade? Just because someone does not agree with you, does not mean their responses to you are indicative of a tirade.

[ QUOTE ]
Forgive me Mr. Post police for not adhering to your strict posting rules, LMAO ! <hr /></blockquote> I wonder, is the request of asking for "forgivenss" religous? I would hate for you to overstep your religous views. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif There is something for you to laugh at, not some piddly name-calling post. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Peer pressure must be getting to you.

eg8r

Fran Crimi
04-22-2005, 03:38 PM
I don't like the spitting and pie throwing stuff. I think that's pretty barbaric.

On the other hand, if you try to piece together her personality, it's pretty pathetic. I saw a recent interview she gave and she spent the whole time trying to make everyone feel sorry for her. She blames it all on the lack of attention she got as a child and the influence of the men she married. Apparently, none of this is her fault.

I find it hard to be convinced that she had the Country's interest in mind at all. I think it was always all about Jane and getting attention for herself. The total narcissistic personality.

I'd hate to see her shrink bills.

Cueless Joey
04-22-2005, 04:54 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fran Crimi:</font><hr> I don't like the spitting and pie throwing stuff. I think that's pretty barbaric.

On the other hand, if you try to piece together her personality, it's pretty pathetic. I saw a recent interview she gave and she spent the whole time trying to make everyone feel sorry for her. She blames it all on the lack of attention she got as a child and the influence of the men she married. Apparently, none of this is her fault.

I find it hard to be convinced that she had the Country's interest in mind at all. I think it was always all about Jane and getting attention for herself. The total narcissistic personality.

I'd hate to see her shrink bills. <hr /></blockquote>
I agree. I think she has the lemmehaveyourattention disease.
I wonder if she drops her elbow. j/k /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Gayle in MD
04-26-2005, 11:39 AM
AH ha ha ha, hey Ed, I was just giving you a taste of your own medicine, LOL... as in reading your post, literally!

Now, when are you comming to Bethesda???????

I can't wait to shoot pool with you!

Gayle in Md., Would never think Ed was being mean, nit picking maybe, but not mean, /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Gayle in MD
04-26-2005, 11:43 AM
Hey Fran,
My daughter sees Jane in the same light as you do. She could have written your post word for word, LOL.

Gayle in Md... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
04-26-2005, 12:02 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> Gayle in Md., Would never think Ed was being mean, nit picking maybe, but not mean, /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

he ain't mean, he just likes to argue /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r
04-26-2005, 07:10 PM
LOL, well I don't like medicine. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I was thinking I would be up there by now, but we were able to get a lot done over video conference. Looks like I won't be up there till October. This time, I will have to take the weekend to hang out.

eg8r &lt;~~~~nit-picker /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Gayle in MD
04-26-2005, 08:45 PM
Sounds good to me Ed. Let me know so I can stock up on all my so called "Liberal Propaganda" Just kidding!
Gayle in Md. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

DickLeonard
04-27-2005, 07:03 AM
Gayle I might have to agree with Jane on her being left behind. If my memory serves me Jane was a yearly student at Emma Williard School in TRoy. When most kids left for the summer she stayed at the school.

Imagine yourself being in a Castle like building with very few children and thoughts that run thru the minds of children when the wind blows,thunder crashes,etc. I would say it is not a healthy enviroment for children.

Then reading about your parents going all over the World making movies etc.####

Gayle in MD
04-27-2005, 07:30 AM
Hey Dick, you are so right. Those who judge her won't like this approach to understanding her, but she did have a very sad up-bringing. Henry Fonda was an emotionally absent father, and physically absent as well. Her mother was manic depressive, and her family lied to her about her mothers death. She found out that her mother had actually commited suicide by looking over a friends shoulder, and seeing an article about her mother's suicide in Movie Magazine, realizing at the same time that her own father had lied to her about her own mother's death.

Many forget that we were about to bomb th dykes in Vietnam, which is why she went over there in the first place. A a staggering number of women and children would have drowned had we followed through on that plan. Her trip has been credited as the single most powerful reason why the president and the secretary of defense decided to abandon the plan.

I don't know about anyone else, but when there is a war going on anywhere, I think of the poor children who suffer incredibly. War is a stupid way of solving the differences in the world, IMO, and the amount of death and illness caused by it cannot ever be fully calculated. Children are still getting their arms and legs blown off daily from bomb fields, and who knows how much illness from chemicals and nuclear testing, and bombs of all sorts might not be, had not man contaminated Mother Earth through his fears and ignorance. It is really heartbreaking when you really think about it. So much destruction on so many, at the mercy of decisions made by so few....tragic.

Gayle in Md. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Fran Crimi
04-27-2005, 07:59 AM
Hi Dick,

Sorry you didn't make it down this weekend. But I'm sure you've read that you were in our thoughts.

I agree with your assessment of Jane. I'm sure she had an emotionally traumatic childhood. I think she was trying to let everyone know in her interview that her emotional problems (including craving for attention) were clouding her judgement at that time. She probably should have been visiting a therapist instead of North Vietnam.

Fran

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote DickLeonard:</font><hr> Gayle I might have to agree with Jane on her being left behind. If my memory serves me Jane was a yearly student at Emma Williard School in TRoy. When most kids left for the summer she stayed at the school.

Imagine yourself being in a Castle like building with very few children and thoughts that run thru the minds of children when the wind blows,thunder crashes,etc. I would say it is not a healthy enviroment for children.

Then reading about your parents going all over the World making movies etc.#### <hr /></blockquote>

DickLeonard
04-27-2005, 11:01 AM
Fran everything went against it, my Dr. appt got changed to the 20th,my medicine was changed,I had to have blood work,my wife was on spring break and we were babysitting our grandson,so his mother and father could get out. As much as I would have love to be there enjoying the Clinic. I had to put the grandson first.

From the sound of it, it was a great event good luck with the next one.####