PDA

View Full Version : I NEED HELP!!!!!!!!!

runout1961
04-21-2005, 12:12 PM
Okay everyone i need your help. I am looking for a good custom cue. Possibly a sneaky pete or a simple cue with a white wrap. What about the josey sneaky petes? Anyone have one? PLease let me know what custom cues you have and how they are. Thanks everyone.

Bob_Jewett
04-21-2005, 12:20 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote runout1961:</font><hr> Okay everyone i need your help. I am looking for a good custom cue. Possibly a sneaky pete or a simple cue with a white wrap. ... <hr /></blockquote>
I urge you to find a local cue maker (maybe you'll have to be home on leave) and talk to them about what you want. Some of them can make you a sneaky pete for less than you'll pay on-line, and you may have a chance to play with it before you have to buy it. I think it's a mistake to buy a cue before you've played with it, unless you are prepared to sell it immediately.

Cane
04-21-2005, 09:22 PM
I absolutely agree with Mr. Jewett on this. I had the chance to play with several makers cues before I decided on the maker who currently makes all of my cues (own two now and the other is ready to ship), but would never buy without the chance to hit at least a few balls with one first.

Later,
Bob

LJC_Cues
04-21-2005, 10:32 PM
That is why I ship a DEMO cue everyone that is interested in a new cue if they like the way the demo hits then I get some business!!! Yeah I am just kidding but now that I think about it that wouldnt be a bad idea except for the fact that I would always get those people that would never ship the demo back or buy a cue! But what can you do!!

Bob_Jewett
04-21-2005, 11:01 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote LJC_Cues:</font><hr>... Yeah I am just kidding but now that I think about it that wouldnt be a bad idea except for the fact that I would always get those people that would never ship the demo back or buy a cue! But what can you do!! <hr /></blockquote>
Take a hefty deposit on the plain-jane demo. If they don't ship it back, keep the deposit.

Deeman2
04-22-2005, 05:36 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote runout1961:</font><hr> Okay everyone i need your help. I am looking for a good custom cue. Possibly a sneaky pete or a simple cue with a white wrap. What about the josey sneaky petes? Anyone have one? PLease let me know what custom cues you have and how they are. Thanks everyone. <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue"> Runout1961,

If you ever get to Frankfurt, there is a little town called Koenigstein, just 10 minutes north of the city. Jan Lutz Billiards is open only on Saturday morning from 9:00a.m. til noon. Jan will introduce you to a good local cue maker or sell you a nice production one, if you want that. He can always steer you to tournaments, leagues, etc. I used to go to the trade shows with him. Warning, he speaks not a word of English but you can get his lovely wife to interpret if you don't speak German. He's a very accomplished player and a great guy. Please tell him Dee (Snake) said hello. He is a member of the Ober Merlin Poolbilliard Verein (as am I) and can introduce you to some good players (Ortman, Souquet, etc.) </font color>

Deeman
Thanks for serving our country if you are stationed there... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

bustah360
04-22-2005, 06:31 AM
You can always go to a big tournament or trade show and test out different custom cues. If the cue-maker doesn't have a custom cue for you to hit with, than he can't get pissed off if no one buys from him.

I personally feel the Ted Harris web page (http://www.tedharris.com/) custom cues are one of the best sneaky pete's you can get. Other than that you might be able to find a billiard store that'll let you hit with just about anything they have so you can get a feel before deciding on your purchase, which is the only way to really pick one in my opinion. If anything they wont let you chalk the cue but that's about it.

Rich R.
04-22-2005, 06:44 AM
Maybe you could try out a Eurowest Cue, if they are close to you.
http://www.eurowest-cues.de/front_content.php?idcat=2&amp;idart=2&amp;changelang=2

runout1961
04-23-2005, 11:10 AM
Actually I only live about an hour and a half away from Frankfurt. So that would not be a problem. I have a lot of good german friends whom which I play in the league with here that could take the trip and translate. If you could give me an exact address that would be great. That way I can mapquest it. I saw in another response that I should go to a big tradeshow. Unfortunately my leave is very limited. It look's like I will not be going back to the states until next march. Perfect for Valley forge but I do not want to wait that long. By the way I would love to meet those players. If they are ever around?
Thanks Deeman2, greatly appreciated.

Runout1961
Firefighter, USAF

i210mfu
06-07-2005, 06:02 AM
Hi,

you are very close to us. Only about 1 hour drive. Be our guest and we will give you a shop tour. The address is

Eurowest Cues
Messenhaeuserstr. 49
63322 Roedermark

Markus

Drop1
06-07-2005, 11:36 AM
Are you the same guy that asked the same question a few weeks back? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif