PDA

View Full Version : Made In The USA

Bob
04-21-2005, 03:33 PM
Bob and I watch a show every Tuesday night called John Ratzenburger (sp) Made in the USA. Next week, they are focusing on a table manufacturer. The blurb was so quick that I didn't get a chance to see the brand, but it did not look to be one that I was familiar with.

So, FYI next Tues night on The Travel Channel, check your listing for time. This is a great TV show regardless of it showing the table company.

Eydie

Barbara
04-21-2005, 03:40 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Bob:</font><hr> Bob and I watch a show every Tuesday night called John Ratzenburger (sp) Made in the USA. Next week, they are focusing on a table manufacturer. The blurb was so quick that I didn't get a chance to see the brand, but it did not look to be one that I was familiar with.

So, FYI next Tues night on The Travel Channel, check your listing for time. This is a great TV show regardless of it showing the table company.

Eydie <hr /></blockquote>

John Ratzenberger? The guy who played Cliff Claven in Cheers, right?

Barbara

Bob
04-21-2005, 03:46 PM
Yep, that's him. It's a really good show. He travels around the USA in a big Prevost Motor Coach visiting different businesses that are owned and operate only in the USA.

Last Week, he had Berts Bees.. It's a lip balm. He has visited places such as Harley Davidson, Yankee Candle Company, and loads of others. It's a really good show, about half hour long. You will like it.

Popcorn
04-21-2005, 04:02 PM
It is the Vitalie Company. I thought this season they were supposed to also do Joss Cue.

wolfdancer
04-21-2005, 04:04 PM
Maybe john should get rid of that Canadian built Prevost, and travel around in a good ole American made? MCI. they've probably been "outsourced" also

Pizza Bob
04-21-2005, 06:42 PM
FYI: MCI is Mexican

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Bob
04-21-2005, 07:52 PM
Well, I screwed up the name of the motor home. Ratzenburgers is a Fleetwood, made isn USA. The other motor home, a Prevost I was thinking about is used by Home Makeover on Sunday night in ABC. That too, is a awesome show and must see. OOOPS! /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Barbara
04-21-2005, 08:20 PM
Hey Eydie,

Just go to eBay Motors to see some of those "Motor Coaches"! Heck, they're homes on wheels!!

Just like that 45' Hunter yatch with the bathtub I'm interested in. They could even include a jacuzzi, imagine that!

Barbara~~~and where would the cats stay???

pooltchr
04-21-2005, 08:21 PM
I agree it's a great show. I really enjoyed the one where they went to the Gibson guitar company.
Steve&lt;---wish I still had my old ES-335 /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Bob
04-21-2005, 08:31 PM
Hey Barbara,

Yes they do rock. Mark Griffin Owner of the BCA owns and lives in a Prevost in Las Vegas. It's a sharp ride, that's for sure.

Bob bought a Pace Arrow Vision, By Fleetwood with double slide outs a few years back, NEW. I wont say what he spent on it, that's another story and argument for a different day. It has about 12,000 miles on it. It purchased it to go to tournaments in... how extravagant. It sits in our driveway, UGH!

They can have a lot of problems especially with the generators and sewage issues are a nightmare. BUT, it sure is nice to take you house with you when you travel.

Eydie

Barbara
04-21-2005, 08:36 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Bob:</font><hr> Mark Griffin Owner of the BCA owns and lives in a Prevost in Las Vegas. It's a sharp ride, that's for sure.

Bob bought a Pace Arrow Vision, By Fleetwood with double slide outs a few years back, NEW. Yeouzaaa!! Oh yeah!!

I wont say what he spent on it, that's another story and argument for a different day. It has about 12,000 miles on it. It purchased it to go to tournaments in... how extravagant. It sits in our driveway, UGH!

They can have a lot of problems especially with the generators and sewage issues are a nightmare. BUT, it sure is nice to take you house with you when you travel. Not to mention, the kitchen sink!!!

Wally_in_Cincy
04-22-2005, 06:14 AM
Tuesday April 26

9:00 pm EDT

according to tvguide.com

cycopath
04-22-2005, 11:02 AM
Vitalie Pool Tables made in North Carolina.

catscradle
04-22-2005, 11:47 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Bob:</font><hr> Bob and I watch a show every Tuesday night called John Ratzenburger (sp) Made in the USA. Next week, they are focusing on a table manufacturer. The blurb was so quick that I didn't get a chance to see the brand, but it did not look to be one that I was familiar with.

Grrrr, it's on when I've a pool league. I can just see trying to get them to switch from the Red Soxs to the Travel Channel. This show sounds like a great idea, you can't buy American if you don't know what is REALLY made in America. Does anybody know of a website that list made in America products?

Popcorn
04-22-2005, 11:49 AM
Don't you have a VCR?

catscradle
04-22-2005, 12:47 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Popcorn:</font><hr> Don't you have a VCR? <hr /></blockquote>

Oh yeah, that's that think I watch accu-stats tapes on, right?

Popcorn
04-22-2005, 12:55 PM
Yea, the thing with the blinking clock that says 12:00

Drop1
05-03-2005, 07:28 PM
Just a thought 80%of furniture sold in the U.S. is from China,and the biggest manufactuer was a cue maker from Taiwan. Wal-Mart is the biggest employer in Mexico. Half the world lives on less than U.S.$1.00 per day. In a globalized world,does does it matter where stuff is made. I like to see products made in America,but we sold the future,so we can play today,and our grand kids can suffer tomorrow.

MacGyver
05-03-2005, 10:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
In a globalized world,does does it matter where stuff is made.<hr /></blockquote>

I would think that to the families out of work here in the US, it does matter.

To ignore all the downsides just because we live in a globalized world is a very myopic viewpoint... You should examine all sides before claiming "oh well its globalization, does it really matter?"

Gayle in MD
05-04-2005, 11:20 AM
Tap Tap Tap...

What's the definition of apathy?
I don't know and I don't care.

I don't know when this country is going to wake up!

Gayle in Md. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

catscradle
05-04-2005, 11:24 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> Tap Tap Tap...

What's the definition of apathy?
I don't know and I don't care.

I don't know when this country is going to wake up!

Gayle in Md. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif <hr /></blockquote>

The thing is I wouldn't mind jobs going overseas if there was parity. That is, if the people doing the work "over there" were being treated fairly and being paid well. However the sad fact is that people here are being put out of work, people there are underpaid and overworked, and the fat cats take the difference.

Wally_in_Cincy
05-04-2005, 11:40 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote catscradle:</font><hr> people there are underpaid and overworked, and the fat cats take the difference.
<hr /></blockquote>

But the fact is there is really nothing you can do about it.

I don't let this stuff keep me awake at night. Back in the 70's I seriously considered studying Japanese because they seemed to be the country that was going to dominate the world economically but that turned out not to be the case.

Deeman2
05-04-2005, 01:05 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote catscradle:</font><hr> people there are underpaid and overworked, and the fat cats take the difference.
<hr /></blockquote>

But the fact is there is really nothing you can do about it.

I don't let this stuff keep me awake at night. Back in the 70's I seriously considered studying Japanese because they seemed to be the country that was going to dominate the world economically but that turned out not to be the case. <hr /></blockquote> <font color="blue"> HINT: Study Chinese... </font color>

Deeman