PDA

View Full Version : C.C. On Way Back From Zion Hospital

Bob
04-21-2005, 03:41 PM
Bob just got off the phone with Heide. She was on her way to pick up Chris and bring him back home from the hospital.

I know that he had posted on the non related section regarding his condition earlier, but thank goodness for RUK sending me a private IM or I woudl not have seen it.(TY SO MUCH RUK)

We are all are praying for Chris and this weekend at The Club BC Tournament we will all say a BIG prayer for him and the rest of the family. Chris took 3rd last year and will be missed this year.

Our love and prayers, you are always in our minds Chris!

Bob and Eydie

Karatemom
04-21-2005, 07:48 PM
That's so sweet, Bob. But I'm thinking I must have been more elaborate. We got back from Zion on Saturday. He had 3 days of chemo and did quite well. Unfortunately, they wouldn't let him come home til the company supplying oxygen got there with the tanks. His O2 dropped into the 60's and had to come home with it. It is now normal again, thank goodness. We've been home since Saturday, and 3 - 4 days later, the chemo dropped his hemoglobin and platelet count dangerously low. He spent Wednesday and Thursday in the hospital here receiving 3 units of blood, and today for a unit of pure platelets. It more than doubled his platelet count. So he is still coughing it up, but it's beginning to clot again - which is a good thing. He's not feeling too bad, still hurting in the bones, but doing better. We've spent most of the evening getting the family updated.

He does go back up to Zion next month for 3 more days of chemo, on an outpatient basis, but it will depend on the labs that they take up there what exactly they are going to do. The Cancer Treatment Centers of America is by far the best place in the world to get treatment. Kicking myself for not taking him there first, but too late to worry about that now.

All in all, he is doing okay for the time being. This is the time where our lives will be full of ups and downs until he stabilizes. I appreciate all your thoughts and prayers. And Bob, it was wonderful hearing from you today. We wish you luck this weekend! Please give Eydie our love.

Heide

Barbara
04-21-2005, 08:28 PM
Heide,

This is good news. I hope CC is still doing good on the weight thing.

Barbara

Troy
04-21-2005, 08:33 PM
Thank you for the update Heide. Keep your spirits high.
Please tell Chris that I am pulling for him and that he is on my mind every day.

Troy
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Karatemom:</font><hr> That's so sweet, Bob. But I'm thinking I must have been more elaborate. We got back from Zion on Saturday. He had 3 days of chemo and did quite well. Unfortunately, they wouldn't let him come home til the company supplying oxygen got there with the tanks. His O2 dropped into the 60's and had to come home with it. It is now normal again, thank goodness. We've been home since Saturday, and 3 - 4 days later, the chemo dropped his hemoglobin and platelet count dangerously low. He spent Wednesday and Thursday in the hospital here receiving 3 units of blood, and today for a unit of pure platelets. It more than doubled his platelet count. So he is still coughing it up, but it's beginning to clot again - which is a good thing. He's not feeling too bad, still hurting in the bones, but doing better. We've spent most of the evening getting the family updated.

He does go back up to Zion next month for 3 more days of chemo, on an outpatient basis, but it will depend on the labs that they take up there what exactly they are going to do. The Cancer Treatment Centers of America is by far the best place in the world to get treatment. Kicking myself for not taking him there first, but too late to worry about that now.

All in all, he is doing okay for the time being. This is the time where our lives will be full of ups and downs until he stabilizes. I appreciate all your thoughts and prayers. And Bob, it was wonderful hearing from you today. We wish you luck this weekend! Please give Eydie our love.

Heide <hr /></blockquote>

Vagabond
04-21-2005, 08:36 PM
Scorpios are fighters and Chris being a Scorpio, /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif will put a good fight with the wicked act of the Nature.I am praying for him.Cheers
Vagabond

stickman
04-21-2005, 08:38 PM
Heide, Thank you for taking time to keep us informed. Our love and prayers go out to you, Chris, and Spike.

Jim

Cane
04-21-2005, 08:47 PM
Heide, Give Chris my best and tell him he is constantly in my prayers, as are you and Spike. I'll be gone for the weekend, playing in MW9-Ball, but will check when I get a chance to see how he's doing. BTW, am going to be in Illinois, close to you guys in July. If he's up for beating a crippled up old Okie on the table, I'd sure like to come by.

Later,
Bob

JimS
04-22-2005, 03:40 AM
I'm praying for you all.

Steve Lipsky
04-22-2005, 07:08 AM
Heide,

Please keep us updated. He is such a fighter. He is in our thoughts and prayers.

- Steve

DickLeonard
04-22-2005, 09:02 AM
Steve when it comes to the Big C, Chris is the Heaveyweight Champion of the World. I cannot sign on a day that he is not in my thoughts and prayers.####