PDA

View Full Version : I met a fellow CCBer today....

06-06-2002, 09:28 PM
I met Eric today, and we shot a little pool together. He was everything I imagine all our regulars to be; bright, charming, engaging, incredibly nice, shall I go on? I had a wonderful time, and I'm looking foward to more "play" dates (Sorry, had a flashback to my son's preschool years) Oh yeah, Eric can shoot a little pool too! /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif If this is what it's like to meet the folks at the CCB, I hope I meet ALL of you!

Chris Cass
06-06-2002, 10:22 PM
Yep I agree. We're a unique bunch. What I liked mostly was that, we can talk as if we've known each other for yrs. and yet, we just actually met. It was exciting and most enjoyable for me.

You'ld be surprized to know most of the CCBers can shoot. Just most of them don't talk about how well, but they can shoot alright. Take Kato for instance. He talks about how bad he plays.lol Does he think I'm stupid? Born yesterday, kicked in the head by a finch, the third smallest bird in the world? I think not.....It's all a set up. A conspiracy to get into my fat wallet.

Not to mention the Cheese. He wants weight. He's never gonna part with the yellow caddy. He just says it's a lead sled but how bad can it be? It's a 2002. Even if I did win he'd take me on the golf course and beat me silly. Picking on a bald, short guy. They should be ashamed. LMAO

Regards,

C.C.~~paranoid.......

Voodoo Daddy
06-06-2002, 11:12 PM
Nice to see Chris calling Kato out....HAHAHAHAHA. They both play so good, I'll take the 7 and the smash from either of them.

Voodoo...not too proud to ask for the blood ball and the smash

Doctor_D
06-07-2002, 05:45 AM
Good morning chris:

Chris, I could use some extra cash, can I have a shot at that FAT wallet of yours? Credit cards are OK too...

Dr. D.

06-07-2002, 06:11 AM
Insanity, nothing but insanity. Here one hand we have Chris Cass, best blind, short pool player in the Midwest. On the other we have Voodoo Daddy, the largest, goofiest guy I know. Both are Italian, I am French, can you guys see what I'm getting at. The Italians want to bleed me, plain and simple. No chance. Cass, I've been clocking your game from afar, you're robbing me. I get weight and lots of it. Voodoo, keep your weight or take some of mine but I don't want anymore.

Kato~~~knows Cass's wallet isn't thick cause he's married with child. The only thing in his wallet is pictures of Christ and Heide, the Vatican, and receipts from a Beta player from 1981 and an 8 track player from 1976.

Kato
06-07-2002, 06:14 AM
Sorry, that was me. I guess somehow I got logged off. Doesn't matter. Whether I'm ANON or not I'll never get trapped by the I-T-A-L-I-A-N connection.

Kato~~~smarter than he looks................well, not really.

cheesemouse
06-07-2002, 06:18 AM
Chris,
The caddy is down; the brakes went out. LOL My second yellow back-up Merc has tricky power steering that makes turns on it own, the yellow GMC trunk has to be parked on level ground but the trail bike is in great shape. Let's see 600 miles at 10 miles a day, heck, I could be there by the early weeks of August. LOL If I take the bike I won't need gas money to get out of town. /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

Eric.
06-07-2002, 07:28 AM
Without a doubt, CCB'ers are the best! Lorri was all that and a bag of chips! She is very easy to talk to, bright, funny and easy on the eyes too. I had a great time. I definitely will look forward to shooting some more(remember, the phone rings both ways).

Chris Cass
06-07-2002, 07:45 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Eric.:</font><hr> (remember, the phone rings both ways). <hr></blockquote>

Wheh,

I thought it was another brain teaser. I would have wired all three light switches togather. The only polar bear I've ever seen was on that ice cream I like. I swear the deck is stacked against me.....

Regards,

C.C.~~oh, hi Eric.

Chris Cass
06-07-2002, 07:56 AM
Hi Voodoo,

I just bet you would. For you, I'll do it. See, the way I look at it is, you've been playing with your Pings or Pongs lately. What ever you call them, on the golf course. So you might be a tad rusty. You've got 6 women around you most of the time and that can distract you.

Did I mention, I get to put the 1 ball where I want? LMAO

Best regards,

C.C.~~good to see Voodoo in good spirits.

Wally_in_Cincy
06-07-2002, 08:02 AM
Greetings Lorri,

Same subject, different city.

Longtime posters will remember Chris Alvey from Louisville who used to be a frequent contributor here. Chris was in town this week for his work with the Corps of Engineers. Real nice guy but what else would you expect from a Kentucky boy /ccboard/images/icons/laugh.gif.

Chris and Tom_in_Cincy matched up for some 9-ball Tuesday at SnookerS. You're right, it is good to be able to put faces with the names.

JimS
06-07-2002, 08:06 AM
Yeah.....A bald short guy with a stroke like Parica and a break like Archer! Yeah they oughta be ashamed.....somebody oughta be /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif!

Chris Cass
06-07-2002, 08:18 AM
Good morning to you too:

My dear Dr. D.,

What is this? Do I hear a challenge? Well, have you ever heard the saying, "If I had your money, I would throw mine away?". In your case, if I had your money I would keep mine too. LOL

The truth is, I just can't play with women. I tried that Dale Carnegy(sp?) thing that Kato told me, about picturing the room of people naked. That doesn't work with women. I miss even more. Besides, Heide's got a mean right cross. LOL

How about if we trap Voodoo and Kato in a partners venture? We'll act like we don't know each other and stand opposite sides of the bar. You put up the first $1000. and I'll put up the second. ROTFLMAO

I bet SPetty would go for this one. LOLLOL

My Best always,

C.C.~~RIP, I need a coach, that won't moan in agony when I snap...HAHAHA wondering if RIP wakes up with perfect hair.

Chris Cass
06-07-2002, 08:29 AM
Wowa is me Cheese,

I couldn't even afford the insurance for the toys you have. Seems like a waste of time having all that stuff. When you consider, 5 hrs. a day on the golf course and 5 hrs. a day playing pool. Oh, I get it, you won that stuff. I'm thinking you can just stay home and wait for me to get a little practice in.

Besides, I'll have a little more money once I hook up with Dr.D. LOL

Regards,

C.C.~~geez, try to get the caddy and now I can't make up my mind. LMAO

Chris Cass
06-07-2002, 08:34 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Kato:</font><hr>
Kato~~~smarter than he looks................well, not really. <hr></blockquote>

Who are you kidding? ROTFLM Fat wallet off.

Eric.
06-07-2002, 08:42 AM
Hey my man,

What's going on? BTW you're getting freaky! Remember Mel Gibson in Conspiracy Theory? The Government might have something to do with Polar Bears flipping light switches, shuffling cards and selling ice cream!

Eric &gt;putting my tinfoil cap back on

06-07-2002, 08:53 AM
Hell, I'll take any action anyone wants to throw at me. Not on nine-ball though.....when it comes to playing the likes of you people for money, I prefer trivial pursuit.

Chris Cass
06-07-2002, 08:54 AM
Can't believe it. This is coming from a guy who cooks 22 oz. steaks on the grill. Golf's, plays pool is a getting new car, and can't decide what color, OO La La's all these women and yet finds time to work and take care of a bunch of great looking dogs.

You my friend need to shed some of that doe. Because you have little time in your busy life style. Also, because your my friend. I'll give up some weight. I'll give you the 1,7,8. That's 1 time to break, race to 7 and from noon to 8. LOLLOL One hole players can grind.

What are friends for?

Regards,

C.C.~~I'm busting it jobless while he's eating 22 oz. steaks on the grill(a great cook, so I've heard) and he wants weight. LMAO The Italian connection? I can't even get a phone connection. LOL I do have some new friends from NY now.

Chris Cass
06-07-2002, 08:59 AM
So Jim,

You want a peice of me huh? I'll be over soon, I know where you live. So, you think I'm Phillipino and skinny do ya.

LMAO,

C.C.

Chris Cass
06-07-2002, 09:05 AM
HAHAHAHA

That's exactly the same movie I picture in my mind. When, I think or hear the word Conspiracy. Especially the part rolling down the stairs in that wheel chair. Mel did a great job in that movie. Two great minds thinking alike. Except, I lost one of them. LMAO

Regards,

C.C.

Chris Cass
06-07-2002, 09:11 AM
Oh Yeah!!!

Quick, somebody tell me what that game is?

LOLLOLLOLLOL,

C.C.~~hi Shoop

Barbara
06-07-2002, 09:13 AM
You're on!!!

Barbara~~~helluva lot more competitive at board games than pool...

Barbara
06-07-2002, 09:15 AM
Chris,

I wonder if Rip and Wayne Newton share the same hairdresser??

Barbara~~~okay, you know what I really meant... LOL!!

Tom_In_Cincy
06-07-2002, 04:53 PM
Lorri,
Wally_in_Natti and I were discussing the possibility of having a Cincinnati CCB tournament this summer.

I believe we could get about 8-12 CCBrs here from the Kentucky, Indiana and Ohio areas.

One any given Saturday, there could be as many as 5 of us playing in a local tournament.

Its good to have so many close.. and there are always those that visit when passing thru the area.

Doctor_D
06-07-2002, 05:16 PM
Good evening:

I game, count me in. Just make sure there is no conflict with either a CAT or NEWT event.

Dr. D.

Chris Cass
06-07-2002, 06:18 PM
Hi Barbara,

Long time no see. LOL I was wondering if you still smoke? I thought about it and don't remember seeing you smoke in Vegas. Does this mean you really quit? If so, good for you. I'm proud of you. If not that's cool maybe later.

Oh, about RIP and Wayne Newton. I heard they own the same bank too. LOL

Regards,

C.C.

Barbara
06-07-2002, 06:24 PM
Chris,

I quit smoking 2 1/2 years ago!!! I was really impressed with the "wind tunnel" fan effect the BCA did this year to clear the smoke in the hallways. Must've been that same phantom that knocked that beer out of your hand that got sucked up by that Hoover carpet!!! LOL!!!

I wish I could have seen that!!!

So how's Heidi coming along with her game???

Barbara~~~a CC &amp; family fan, too....

06-07-2002, 06:25 PM
Oh Shoop, Now you got any kind of action you want!!! Trivial pursuit is Definately the game! Or Scrabble.... Yeah, I might even be stronger at Scrabble...

06-07-2002, 06:27 PM
/ccboard/images/icons/blush.gif /ccboard/images/icons/blush.gif /ccboard/images/icons/blush.gif /ccboard/images/icons/blush.gif /ccboard/images/icons/blush.gif Lorri is blushing like mad..... Thank You, that's really sweet!

Voodoo Daddy
06-07-2002, 07:50 PM
Enough of the banter...italain/french 22 oz. steaks? I'm lost...as usual. Still want the blood ball and the smash, and that double-talk you guys againest poor me dont get it either. I know your in cahoots with each other via e-mail.

Voodoo...knows a scam when he reads one...LMFAO!!

Karatemom
06-07-2002, 08:08 PM
I think I'm doing pretty good so far. I haven't picked up a cue in over 10 years and I'm pretty rusty.

Last Monday, played in a local 7 and under tourney. Beat a 7, got knocked into the loser bracket by a 4, which I should have beat (first time tourney jitters!!!), and then out by a 5. I played okay considering what I had to work with.

Have been practicing almost every day and Chris is helping so much. (With pool that is, not at all around the house). Had to work on getting my mechanics back in sync. Think I've got it now so look out, LOL.

Thanks for asking. Will let you know how it goes at this Monday's tourney.

Heide ~ will have to give Chris the 7 in a few months!!!

Chris Cass
06-07-2002, 09:48 PM
WOW Voodoo,

You really are a pool hall detective. Who's the snitch? That pepi la pew? LOL My pi-san(sp), I would never set you up. When you see me I'll have cigars and plenty of money to buy you anything at the bar your drinking.

Now, the 7 and the smash is do-able. I've been playing a lot of 1 pocket lately so, you'll have to give me a couple yrs before we play. LOL

Hey, my son just asked my wife "What is quantity?" She replied,"How much." He replies, "I don't know?" LMAO I said, he takes after your side of the family. LOLLOLLOL

Regards,

C.C.~~boy, I didn't think I could get into anymore trouble today......

06-07-2002, 09:53 PM
That's what you get for thinking Chris!! LMAO

Chris Cass
06-07-2002, 10:23 PM
Hi Barbara,

Yes, I guess I'll never live that one down. LOL Well, I'm glad for you ending the cigarette smoking. I need to do that too. Voodoo did recently and I wish him luck to keep it up.

About Heide, I didn't believe for one minute she'd shoot again. When she said it in Vegas, I plain didn't believe it at all. Sure enough, she's been so dedicated to playing again. I've always said she was a natural. She, has the same stance and mechanics as Alison.

She only played a yr before we met. After getting pregneant with my son, she quit. I bought her a D-19 McDermott and has about 3 mths use. She went to the ph with my son and played a couple of days. I taped her to see what was going on and shes been working so hard on the corrections.

I was so, proud to see her compete with these men in this 7 and under event. I know everyone there and was getting compliments on her game all night. She did so well her first time in ten yrs. She had these guys $hitting bricks. I was very upset. She thought it was her, but I saw her being sharked, one bad foul call, and one rack with the 1 ball not frozen. She didn't notice a thing. She still made it to the hill on every match. I was proud. She beat one guy silly that was under rated by 1 hadicap. Not one of these people told her that she shot good. Can't believe how some people can be so self indulged.

She's still drilling and I interduced her to the advatages of the throw shot. She's coming along by leaps and bounds. Much smarter than I. Thanks to my friends at the CCB and our meeting in Vegas. I got my wife doing what I've wanted to see for a long time. Not that it would matter but, it's nice. Barbara, I can't thank you and the other women enough. Thanks for being my friend.

Regards,

C.C.

Chris Cass
06-07-2002, 10:31 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Karatemom:</font><hr>
Heide ~ will have to give Chris the 7 in a few months!!! <hr></blockquote>

Been shooting since Vegas and already talking smack. The 7 ball huh? LOL

Babe, you have everything I own and anything, I could ever have. Well, except the South West. LOL

Love,

Chris~~what is this? the whole board wants a peice of me, even my wife...ROTFLMAO

Rod
06-08-2002, 03:41 AM
Quote CC, She only played a yr before we met. After getting pregneant with my son.

I don't suppose you had anything to do with her short career!! Lol I'm glad to hear she is back with your support.
You both are an inspiration to all of us especially me. BTW Heide said Spyderman said we look like brothers. It must be because we both have a folical challenge. Not to mention we are on the short side. All I can say is short people are closer to their work. Since you are a little closer, I'm at a disadvantage. I am getting shorter every day though. lol

Kato
06-08-2002, 06:13 AM
Steve, surely after all the good times we've had you know I'd never try to hustle little ole you? I mean, who am I to try and go head to head with The Master?

Now that C.C. guy is a different story. He's out there hustling to pay the rent. He might be setting you up for a fall. Of course, if you fall on top of him...............well, I think you understand that one.

Kato~~~~I pledge allegiance to OneHolio, the Italian breadstick King. And to the manacotti.........blah blah blah

Kato
06-08-2002, 06:16 AM
KarateMom, that is awesome that you're playing and having fun. Tell Chris that if he doesn't start cleaning up around the house you're gonna jam a cannolli in his.......uhm..............ear!!!!!!!

Kato

cheesemouse
06-08-2002, 06:37 AM
Karatemom,
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>"Have been practicing almost every day and Chris is helping so much. (With pool that is, not at all around the house).<hr></blockquote>
My mom use to sigh and then say "Little girls grow to become young women. Little boys have a job for life!" Good luck on the housekeeping. LOL /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

Karatemom
06-08-2002, 07:04 AM
JOB?!?!?! WHAT JOB?!?!?!?!

LOL

Heide ~ working her a$$ off at home, work, and the ph

Karatemom
06-08-2002, 07:06 AM
Kato,

Tried that, doesn't work. LOL. Just gives him an excuse NOT to do any housework.

Heide ~ after reading my post, Chris actually cleared the dinner table for me.

Karatemom
06-08-2002, 07:11 AM
Smack, who's talking smack? Not little ol' me. I see that look in your eye. You forget, in a couple of months, around the end of JULY, you'll need at least the 7 from me. LOL

Heide ~ doesn't want just a piece

Chris Cass
06-08-2002, 07:57 AM
Hi Rod,

Spiderman couldn't say enough about you. You've really impressed him with the what you can do with the cb. He says your an excellent player.

Thank you so much for the kuddos. I wish you could have been there in Vegas. It was a blast meeting everyone. You'd flip meeting Carol, Barbara, and SPetty. They were so much fun and as a matter of fact. You could have watched SPetty get me toasted. You'ld have loved RIP. He's all about cool.

Best regards,

C.C.~~noticed how he had to mention that he's taller? so I have to get those platforms out again.LOLLOL

Chris Cass
06-08-2002, 08:10 AM
Hi Lorri,

I promise I'll never think again. LOL How's your game coming? Didn't see you in Vegas.

Regards,

C.C.~~courious????

Barbara
06-08-2002, 09:05 AM
Hey Karatemom!

If Chris needs a refresher course in how to use the vaccuum cleaner, just let me know and I'll send the Big Guy right out there to refresh his memory!!! LOL!!

Barbara~~~watching the Big Guy mowing the lawn as we type...

Barbara
06-08-2002, 09:08 AM
You two need to be in the same room together for a little while....

Barbara~~~my money's on Heide....

06-08-2002, 11:19 AM
Hey, you know what they say about good things being worth waiting for! LOL I meant that about my game. You didn't see me in Vegas because my plans got changed kind of late in the game. I would have preferred to have been there though! Perhaps we'll meet up at the WPBA Amateur Nat.s, Heide should be ready by next month, right? If I manage by some miracle to win a qualifier for NY before the States in NJ I'll be at the Open, but don't hold your breath! LOL

Chris Cass
06-08-2002, 07:08 PM
Hi Lorri,

No, Heide won't be ready by then but is coming along at a remakable pace. Me on the other hand am waiting for the Laser in July. That's if they say I'm eligable after the measurements next week.

I wish you luck in the Nationals and always my best,

C.C.~~learning to stroke with a vacumme cleaner. LOLLOL

Voodoo Daddy
06-08-2002, 07:53 PM
I'll work with you for free...wanna see CC get tortured by Karatemom getting the Blood Ball!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA

Voodoo...in cahoots with Karatemom to show who is the stick-master is of that house!!!

Rod
06-08-2002, 09:46 PM
Hi Chris, I think Spidey over rates me. I'm not sure I could handle all that class at once! That is the ladies you mentioned. Maby next year. Yes it wouldn't take any more than platforms. Me at a towering 5'7 1/2 "lol

~~~Rod can't believe that CC didn't know about the hoover carpet/ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

Chris Cass
06-08-2002, 10:46 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Rod:</font><hr> can't believe that CC didn't know about the hoover carpet/ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif
<hr></blockquote>

Ya think that's bad? SPetty tried to charge me for the cleaning and the half a can of beer, I spilled. HAHAHAHA I had a nightmare lastnight and it was me, spilling that beer in front of the entire CCB. Woke up with the sweats.

I guess I'll never live that down. My wife laughed so hard. I've never seen her laugh like that. Even RIP was laughing. If RIP can't make you laugh then, your not human. LOL Rod, you should have seen all of them. They all moved away from me, acting like they didn't know me. How embarrassing. LOLLOL

Regards,

C.C.~~I'll be looking for you next yr. It's official, I'm in the masters next yr.

Chris Cass
06-08-2002, 10:53 PM
That's cool, not like your not, part of the family anyway.

Regards,

C.C.~~Steve's older brother, seperated at birth.

06-09-2002, 07:01 AM
Tom...

Please keep me informed as to a summer BDCB pool tournament in Cincy...I am retiring from my job on July2 and I hope to travel some after I have settled in my new home in the woods...Ron Chapiesky in SC alias...(RGC) Thanks

Tom_In_Cincy
06-09-2002, 01:29 PM
I will keep CCB informed.. and you are extremely welcome to join us, anytime..
Check my website for directions to SnookerS Pool hall.
http://www.geocities.com/cincytom314/