PDA

View Full Version : Virtual Pool 3!

Thunderduck
04-22-2005, 09:16 PM
This is defintely the greatest pc simulation Ive ever seen, the physics are unbelievable... I bought it today and I'm very pleased. The interesting thing is that the same shots I normally miss in real pool I miss here too... this game is completely a mirror of my real game, except that I cant spin the ball just by pressing a mouse... other then that, this is deadly accurate. Awesome!!

One
04-23-2005, 03:18 AM
Have you tried playing online at Gamespy yet? /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Just don't forget to play Virtual Pool 3 the way you play in real life, it is easy to start playing the "easy way" and taking advantage of the perfectly level table. Actually I play VP3 harder than I play real life, I make more draw skid shots on the computer than in real life, it is excellent for speed control. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

pooltchr
04-23-2005, 03:31 AM
I'm not so sure how accurate it is. The first week I had it, I won through the levels and then beat Jeanette at her home. Now I can just about guarantee that ain't happening with MY pool game!!! LOL
It is fun to play, but as for helping your pool game, I'm not quite sure I would agree. Practicing a video game develops different skills that aren't necessarily going to help on a real table.
Still, as I said...it's FUN, and that's what it's supposed to be.
Steve

Nostalgia
04-23-2005, 06:21 AM
Jeez, I can't hit the broad side of a barn in this game. I can't see the angles like on a real table.

The worst part is the stroke. It seems to be completely random. If I slide the mouse forward slowly about 1", the cue ball rockets around 9 rails. If I take a long, fast stroke, the cue rolls about 4 inches. It doesn't make any sense and makes it impossible for me to play.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I used to have the original Virtual Pool and never had a problem like this.

The reason I want to play it is because my real weakness in the game isn't shotmaking. It's pattern play. I always seem to make the wrong decisions. VP3 is perfect for practicing that type of play.

-Joe

One
04-23-2005, 12:09 PM
You need to find the optimal mouse sensitivity setting, start from the lowest setting and work your way up; if you don't get enough speed, increase mouse sensitivity. The default mouse sensitivity in Virtual Pool 3 is way too high.
Check this (http://vp3.0catch.com/vp3/bestsettings.htm) page for the best settings in the game.

About the angles. It takes some time getting used to 2D vision, you need to move the mouse up and down when aiming to be able to "record" the distances into your short-term memory. Once you can do this you will play much better.

Nostalgia
04-23-2005, 03:15 PM
Nope. I now officially hate this game more than anything else I have ever hated. Ever. I'm glad I only paid $0.01 for it. The physics are phenomenal but I can't get the interface.

-JOe

nhp
04-23-2005, 05:25 PM
I'm actually one of the characters in the re-release of Virtual Pool 3. Want my autograph? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Thunderduck
04-24-2005, 12:16 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote nhp:</font><hr> I'm actually one of the characters in the re-release of Virtual Pool 3. Want my autograph? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Are you Big T?? Who are you??? Tell us!!!!

One
04-24-2005, 02:04 AM
What mouse are you using and what mousepad? Do you have a wristrest?

SPetty
04-25-2005, 05:54 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Nostalgia:</font><hr> The worst part is the stroke. It seems to be completely random. If I slide the mouse forward slowly about 1", the cue ball rockets around 9 rails. If I take a long, fast stroke, the cue rolls about 4 inches. It doesn't make any sense and makes it impossible for me to play.<hr /></blockquote>Obviously, you're dropping your elbow on the slow 1" shots.... /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

wolfdancer
04-25-2005, 06:25 PM
" now that's funny....!" J. Carson