PDA

View Full Version : Midwest 9-Ball Tour Update: Arkansas

Cane
04-23-2005, 07:07 AM
Well, I gotta tell you, I really enjoy reading CCB, but I had a lot more fun last night that I generally do posting about elbow drop, finishing stroke, etc.

OK, Gabe won the match between him and Double J, 11-6. It was a lot closer than the numbers appear and was a great match. The line was soooooo long to be able to play with either one, that my name never got called. So.... off I was to mingle with those "legend in their own mind" players off to the side saying "hell, them 'perfeshinels" ain't aren't any better den I am... every shot they had was an easy shot!" They just don't get it, do they! LOL

IN any case, I got in one Mini and lost out in it, so the guy I lost to wants to match up. I didn't play great, by any means, but better than I did in the mini and am now playing the tournament for free and have all my meals paid for... not going to eat Prime Rib every meal, but I'm not eating McDonalds all weekend either! Did OK in other words. It's easy when that darn cue ball just rolls up in front of the next ball every time... how does that happen???

SO FAR, entries in the tournament include Gabe, Jeremy, James Walden, Jeff Melton, Shane McMinn and ME (well, I may not belong in that group YET, but it made me feel good to write my name in along with theirs! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif ) In any case, first match is at 12:30 today, and I'm ready to fire!!!

Calcutta (oh, excuse me, "Players Auction", Calcuttas are gambling and gambling is illegal) begins at 11, so I'm about to throw my fat a$$ in the car and head out... 90 minute drive for me. I'll give another update when I get in tonight.

Hope you all have fun disagreeing today about elbow drop. BTW, Gabe has absolutely NO elbow drop when playing! I DID see him drop it ONE TIME, and that was when he shook JJ's hand at the end of the 11-6 win! Geez, must be something to that! (sorry, just couldn't get off of here without stirring something up!!!) /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Hope you all have as fun a weekend as I'm going to!

Later,
Bob

Cane
04-23-2005, 09:50 PM
OK, the Tournament isn't over yet, but here's basically what happened, so far. I'm out. I finished in the 13-16 group. Not happy to go out and not be in the money, but sure am happy about one thing... NO MORE TOURNAMENT SHAKES. I was as calm as a cucumber the entire tournament and played well above what I did in the last big tourney.

There are 8 players left in. James Walden, Gabe Owen, Bobby Farrell and ??? on the winners side, Jeremy Jones, Danny Lane, Shane McMinn and ??? on the losers side... hell, I'm tired and can't remember who the other two players were, but they're all top quality players. My best match, was with someone who RandyG knows from Dallas, Randy, help me with this name. Dale ???, Runs with Liu Chen, maybe stakes him a little??? Anyways, I beat him 9-5 and with alternating break, I'm not a bit ashamed of that, esp considering two of his wins were 9 balls on the break. I lost my last match to my road partner, whom we call Seabiscuit (he's too short, too fat, too crippled, sleeps too much, but he sure can run). I really should have made it farther, but I lost my first match of the tournament to someone I should never have lost to. I got up on him 5-1 and ended up losing on some stupid shots I tried. I think I got a little cocky and overconfident and it got the best of me! *S*

Other matches. Some guy I never heard of from Magnolia, AR put Jeremy in the losers bracket. Liu Ju Chen, former Tiawan national Champ, played strong for awhile on the W side for awhile, but got sent to the L side by James Walden of OKCity in a Hill-HIll match. Chen and Jeremy played on the L side and Jeremy won 9-7. Shane McMinn was one of the picks to take out the winners side, but Gabe steamrolled him in the first match. Shane is doing good and still there and in the money. Danny Lane beat Darryl Cowan of Fort Smith AR 9-7. Darryl, aka Seabiscuit, had the match in hand and pretty much blew it! He had to listen to me bitch at him for the 90 mile drive home.

All in all, a good tournament so far. I must say, however, that I'll never play a tournament at that facility again. If anyone wants details, PM me and I'll tell you why.

Well, enough for now. I'll update more after the final 8 is finished tomorrow. I'm heading back up to take pics and trade stories with the other players.

Later,
Bob

SPetty
04-25-2005, 05:34 PM
Hi Cane,

Thanks for the updates. You make it sound so fun!