PDA

View Full Version : 20%off all cues seems to be the max online

missthing
04-23-2005, 02:49 PM
all store websites are 20%off?

sneakypapi
04-23-2005, 06:43 PM
Yes, most online websites will post up to 20% off except for clearance and one of a kind merchandise. The main reason for this is that many manufacturers put limits on authorized dealers on how much they can advertise discounted merchandise. As the old saying goes if it sounds too cheap chances are the merchandise is either damaged (ie. warped for cues) or they are not an authorized dealer and have received the merchandise through other means.

Titanic_Thomas
04-23-2005, 08:48 PM
I put my proshop on the web to try and sell some cues that way. From the looks of the e bay sales I new that I would have to list cues below the 20%. I had them listed 25 to 40% off msrp but I had predator and viking on me about my prices so I just took the website down. It must be really tough for the online shops to compete with established ebayers when they are limited on the markdown.
When I spoke to predator and viking I told them I could not compete with the ebay market because they are way undercutting the 20%. There reply was that the people selling on e bay could not sell there cues for less than 20% off either.
So its off to ebay for me and iff you have anything you need in mind you can e mail me and ill list it on ebay for you below the 20%.

What if dealers had told wal mart what they could sell there goods at.
There would probably be no wal marts. That could be a good thing or a bad thing depending on your point of view.

Regulator
04-24-2005, 03:08 PM
I've bought several new cues off eBay. I limit most of my bids at 55% to 60% of the discounted on-line prices. So, if the on-liners are selling at 20% off, I'm buying at 60% of 80% or about 50% of list price.