PDA

View Full Version : player of the year/ pure lover of the game

cueball1950
04-23-2005, 10:02 PM
I have to nominate Danny hewitt as player of the year already, or atleast lover of the game.
Let me explain. He played in the Joss tournament in Albany NY last weekend. He finished in 2nd place behind Keith McCready.The tournament ended around 7 or so. He then drove back to Canada. I don't know where in canada he lives, but if it is montreal it is about a 4 hour drive atleast. or if it is out near Buffalo NY then it is atleast 5 to 6 hours of driving. Ayway, after finishing 2nd here in Albany he drives home and then gets on a plane to go out to the other side of canada for their big tournament there which started on Monday am. By the way, he finished 9/12 from what i can see. All that traveling is definately for the love of the game. that is why i also make him my player of the year so far. I can only wish Danny the best for the rest of the year and good luck.......................mike

One
04-24-2005, 02:07 AM
If you are a pure lover of the game you would stay at home practicing instead of traveling.

Seems like he likes to travel more than play pool?

Popcorn
04-24-2005, 10:10 AM
When you are at a tournament, it is more then just your own playing, it is the experience as a whole that makes it worth while. Missing out on that is to cheat yourself. You can't spend your life looking at pictures, TV, the computer or movies, life is meant to be lived and experienced.

cueball1950
04-24-2005, 11:12 AM
right popcorn,,,,,and that is what Danny seems to do. ENJOY the Game..........................mike

DickLeonard
04-25-2005, 01:55 PM
Mike here is the difference between Golf and Pool. Phil Mickelson gets in on EBAY in the beginning for slightly more than nothing, now Ebay is worth 50 billion and Phil can afford his own Jet. No Corp exec will ever offer the same opportunity to a poolplayer and if he does the poolplayer will turn him down. ####