PDA

View Full Version : How many petals on the rose?

nAz
04-24-2005, 11:14 AM
well it took me almost 30 min. to see it and get it. how long till you figure it out? I hear some people have taken a few days others a few min. please NO GOOGLES! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

http://crux.baker.edu/cdavis09/roses.html

BTW it is said that "smarter" people have trouble with this not sure how true it is.
Bill Gates (http://www.borrett.id.au/computing/petals-bg.htm)

wolfdancer
04-24-2005, 11:18 AM
Tom, posted this also....you're problem is yer too darn smart.
I got it right away...I think the time element for solving the problem, is directly proportional to your "I.Q."...as that goes up, the time increases.
By the way, there is an interesting book, that has many of the questions,conundrums? that companies like Microsoft use to "select the most creative thinkers"
"How Would You Move Mount Fuji?"
I'd suggest buying it with a companion book
"Sardi's Bar Guide"..no, not Sardo's
That way when you get stumped on a question, you can clear the mind with one of the fine recipes in there, like "44th street" 234 W. 44th st, to be exact...is it still there?

Popcorn
04-25-2005, 02:47 PM
I wasn't reading the instructions.

Tom_In_Cincy
04-25-2005, 02:54 PM
I thought it was going to be complicated. But it only took a few tries to figure it out.

Just remember to read the instructions. Every kid, I've told this to, has figured it out in two or three rolls of the dice.

Most adults have forgotten how it was, thinking like a kid.

Cueless Joey
04-25-2005, 03:07 PM
If you complicate it , it ruins it for ya.

Popcorn
04-25-2005, 05:25 PM
I remember taking a test in like the 6th grade. It said to read the instructions before beginning as well as all the questions. The first question asked your name and said to sign it at the top of the page. The last question was an instruction to only answer the first question but to pretend you are taking the test for the benefit of the other students and to turn it in after 10 minutes. I am sorry to say I didn't read all the questions as the instructions said.

PQQLK9
04-25-2005, 06:15 PM
Off and on it took me about 30 minutes. Rather simple when you figure it out.

Sort of like Rubic's Cube.

PQQLK9
04-25-2005, 09:30 PM
Well I don't know what the fastest time ever is for solving this but my wife looked at it and solved it instantly. (simple minded woman /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif)

cueball1950
04-25-2005, 10:27 PM
wel after 45 minutes i still have not figured it out. i therefore must be pretty smart. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif totally confused. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif .but that is nothing new for me. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif.............................mike

Chopstick
04-26-2005, 04:31 AM
What rose? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Deeman2
04-26-2005, 06:18 AM
It took me 7 rolls. Proving, once again, I'm too stupid to reaaly be in Mensa.

Deeman

Fran Crimi
04-26-2005, 07:38 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman2:</font><hr> It took me 7 rolls. Proving, once again, I'm too stupid to reaaly be in Mensa.

Deeman <hr /></blockquote>

I'm stupider than you. Got it on the second try.

Fran ~~~ stupid enough to use the word 'stupider'

Deeman2
04-26-2005, 11:10 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fran Crimi:</font><hr>

I'm stupider than you. Got it on the second try.

Fran ~~~ stupid enough to use the word 'stupider' <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue">Fran,

Let's kill everyone who takes over 10 tries...just joking if my parole officer is reading this.... /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif </font color>

Deeman

MosconiJr
04-26-2005, 12:44 PM
I got it on the first try.

"Stupid is as stupid does"

Run, Forest, Run

Fran Crimi
04-26-2005, 01:32 PM
That was great. LMAO!

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote MosconiJr:</font><hr> I got it on the first try.

"Stupid is as stupid does"

Run, Forest, Run <hr /></blockquote>

cueball1950
04-26-2005, 11:24 PM
well i must be alot smarter than even i thought i was. been trying for over 1 hour and 15 minutes over 2 days and still cannot figure it out..gotta quit MENSA.......mike

Nostalgia
04-27-2005, 07:04 AM
Oh man, I love these things /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif I got it on the second try. Time to cut up my Mensa card /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

This is simliar to a logic puzzle found in the old Monkey Island computer game. It's all about misdirection. Lots of fun!

-Joe

sack316
04-28-2005, 07:44 PM
feeling good that it means I'm smart I guess, feeling bad because it's making me feel so dumb