PDA

View Full Version : Best Pizza in Town!!!

GreenLion
04-24-2005, 05:48 PM
I just got a pizza from Avalanche Pizza tonight and man was it good!It beats Danotoes,Pizza hut,and probably the others in town as well.They just came to our area not to long ago.Anybody have Avalanche pizza nearby them?

wolfdancer
04-25-2005, 11:07 AM
noyhing like a good piece....of pizza
do they deliver?...i'm thinking of ordering some

GreenLion
04-25-2005, 05:26 PM
hehe the only 2 locations they have i think are in Ohio.Lancaster and i forget the other.So pay em some 1000 dollar tip and they may send one to ya hehe and hey like Denatoes says"RESPECT THE PIZZA!!"cause i sure don't hehe.Ok i'll put my Dunes Cap on and go sit in a corner.

Cueless Joey
04-25-2005, 11:48 PM
Well, Dominoes, Pizza Hut and Little Caesars should all close if you ask me. They make cardboards disguised as pizzas with fake cheeze , fake pepperoni, canned veggies and cooked on hot air instead of Baker's Pride slate oven.
Californians don't know pizza. It's sad. Everyone just wants two large pizzas ( large pizza has been getting smaller ) for $12.99.

pooltchr
04-26-2005, 03:59 AM
Don't have them around here, but there is a place called Portafino's with 4 or 4 locations that is the absolute best in the south. One bite of the pie and you will think you are in NYC. It doesn't get much better.
Steve

Wally_in_Cincy
04-26-2005, 05:28 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote GreenLion:</font><hr> hehe the only 2 locations they have i think are in Ohio.Lancaster and i forget the other. <hr /></blockquote>

Athens apparently

http://www.avalanchepizza.net/italy.htm

maybe they will get to Hamiltucky someday, even though we have some really good mom-and-pop places here. I rarely buy from the chains, but Donato's Founder's is good and Papa John's is ok.

some of the best pizza I've had was at Hound Dog's on High Street in Columbus. Ever been there?

rukiddingme
04-26-2005, 03:48 PM
Being from Chicago there are literally hundreds of good pizza places. There are also hundreds of bad pizza places.
Good ones include
Unos
Ginos East
Giordanos
Lou Malnatti's
Bacinos
Carmens
Homerun Inn
Nancy's

Pizza Bob
04-26-2005, 06:39 PM
All right, all right, given my moniker, I'm sure you're all waiting for me to chime in on this very important topic. The very best pizza in the world comes from a little shop on Hudson Street in Trenton, NJ - and it's not pizza, it's tomato pie (cheese on the bottom / sauce on the top). This place doesn't serve salads, burgers, subs, cheese steaks or any of that falderal - just PIZZA! It has been in the same family for 60+ years. In fact it is so old that it predates rest room laws - and has none - so go before you go. The name of this little slice of heaven is DeLorenzo's (remember, it's the one on Hudson - not the one on Hamilton). Be prepared to wait, it only seats 60 people and there is almost always a line outside, regardless of weather. OK, that's the definitive word on pizza. I'll be glad to serve as tour guide to anyone passing through - and the pool's free at my place.

Adios,

Pizza Bob&lt;----comes by it honestly

GreenLion
04-26-2005, 07:25 PM
I know that Avalanche pizza owner John Gutekanst and his crew took home the title of the Best Pizza in the USA at the world Pizza Championship in Italy!Has Delorenzo,s pizza place ever been in that Championship?Maybe they should if they have not already.Do they cook the pizza in a furnace type oven?Denotoes is good because it has a distinctive flavor to it and i like Pizza Hut but hey if its Pizza then i like it nomader where its from.Avalanche is by far the best I've tasted though.I,ve never been to Hound Dogs

CarolNYC
04-27-2005, 03:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Well, Dominoes, Pizza Hut and Little Caesars should all close if you ask me. They make cardboards disguised as pizzas with fake cheeze , fake pepperoni, canned veggies and cooked on hot air instead of Baker's Pride slate oven.
<hr /></blockquote>
Cueless Joey,
I am LMAO-OMG_"hot air!" "canned veggies"-gross!
Thanks for the laugh!
Carol /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

CarolNYC
04-27-2005, 03:47 AM
PizzaBob,
It seems all those FAMILY OWNED places have the best Pizza! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif-I'll have to try this one!
Here on Staten Island, my friends family owns a place called "DeNinos"-just like you said, ONLY PIZZA! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
NYC's best Pizza's:

John's Pizza
West Village
This thin-crust staple on Bleecker Street beat out some tough competition to claim its title as New York's predominant pie.

Runners-Up See Other Categories

2.Lombardi's
Little Italy
America's first still ranks high.

3.Denino's
Staten Island
Islanders swear by thin crust.

4.Grimaldi's
DUMBO
A coal oven lurks in Brooklyn.

5.Totonno's
Coney Island
It's time for that pilgrimage.

6.Famous Pizza
Jackson Heights
Pizza goes multicultural.

7.La Villa
Park Slope
Thin crusts are a classic.

8.Difara
Midwood
For a square slice, go here.

9.Otto
Washington Square
Panache meets passion here.

10.Franny's
Prospect Heights
Neapolitan gets a mod twist.

Carol /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
04-27-2005, 05:18 AM
Damn I'm hungry /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Rich R.
04-27-2005, 06:52 AM
So much pizza, and so little time. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

CarolNYC
04-27-2005, 07:57 AM
Well, then,we'll just have to do lunch,Wally!
My treat! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Carol~wondering how to preserve pizza on a plane /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

CarolNYC
04-27-2005, 07:59 AM
Rich,
I thought it was :
"So many men, so little time......" /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
Carol

Wally_in_Cincy
04-27-2005, 08:29 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote CarolNYC:</font><hr> Rich,
I thought it was :
Carol <hr /></blockquote>

Elton John used to say that but I hear he getting married to his feller.

Rich R.
04-27-2005, 08:36 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote CarolNYC:</font><hr> Rich,
I thought it was :
Carol <hr /></blockquote>
Carol, it is, "So many............, so little time."
Everyone can fill in the blank for themselves. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Obviously, I wouldn't fill in the blank, the same as you. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

pooltchr
04-27-2005, 02:41 PM
Back when I was in the service, my ship was in Staten Island for about 2 months. We would spend our nights in Manhattan, and always stop at the South Ferry terminal and get a slice of pie before getting on the ferry. That was some of the best pizza in town as I remember.
More years ago than I care to remember.
Steve

CarolNYC
04-28-2005, 03:31 AM
Hey Steve,
If you ever come up this way, we'll take a Ferry-ride-its changed ALOT!
But,we'll go elsewhere for Pizza! /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
Carol~NAVY????????

pooltchr
04-28-2005, 07:23 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote CarolNYC:</font><hr> Hey Steve,
If you ever come up this way, we'll take a Ferry-ride-its changed ALOT!
But,we'll go elsewhere for Pizza! /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
Carol~NAVY???????? <hr /></blockquote>

You're on, Carol...and it was Coast Guard.
Steve

CarolNYC
04-28-2005, 09:02 AM
I THOUGHT so!
Carol /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif