PDA

View Full Version : straight pool-European style

dmgwalsh
04-25-2005, 03:17 AM
Have you seen the EPC straight pool results? That was some shooting by Hohman!

"In the course of the straight pool tournament Thorsten Hohmann made 3 runs of 125 and avaraged 50 points per turn. In total making exactly 1000 points!"

I wonder how the Americans would do against that field.

JimS
04-25-2005, 03:21 AM
I think you know the answer to that. Hope your game is growing.

LARRY_BOY
04-25-2005, 04:20 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote dmgwalsh:</font><hr> Have you seen the EPC straight pool results? That was some shooting by Hohman!

"In the course of the straight pool tournament Thorsten Hohmann made 3 runs of 125 and avaraged 50 points per turn. In total making exactly 1000 points!"

I wonder how the Americans would do against that field. <hr /></blockquote>

I don't know where you play pool at but I think there are more straight American's that play pool than in Europe... /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Big_Jon
04-25-2005, 06:38 AM
/ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif
ROFLMFAO!!!

Thanks Larry Boy, I needed that good laugh!

Deeman2
04-25-2005, 06:53 AM
In Germany, the system of pool is club based. You play in a club that you are actually a part "owner" is by your dues and fees. It is a good system and the Deutche Poolbilliard Verien is a league where three disciplines are played in each match. 8 ball, nine ball and straight pool. This makes every player at least familiar with the game and makes (in my opinion) better straight pool players across the country. Here, most of our best straight pool player with the possible exception of the Northest, might play a few times a year and most American players have never even played a single match of 14.1.

My straight pool game has suffered a great deal in the 8 years I have bene back from living there.

Deeman

i210mfu
04-26-2005, 05:14 AM
Hi,

as part of this league I can add some facts to deemans answer:
A league match consists out of 4 matches per inning. There are 2 innings. In total that is:

2. Games of straightpool
2 Games of 8 ball
4 games of 9 ball
The straightpool match is played to different points, regarding which level of league you are playing in. The highest league (which would be Bundesliga aka all German league) plays to a full 150 points. In my league, which is the 3rd highest, you have to play to 125 points. So every league organized pool player here at least is familar with straightpool.

Regards,

Markus

DickLeonard
04-26-2005, 05:40 AM
Deeeman I think you have suffered more Culturally than your 14.1 pool game has. ####

Deeman2
04-26-2005, 05:43 AM
Markus,

It's nice to hear from you. I hope all is well in the German pool scene. Each year, Germany seems to produce another great player on the international scene.

I played for Ober Merlin (North of Frankfurt) and miss those guys very much. Here, we don't get to really understand the comradship of teams as well as you have in Germany.

I lived in Glasheutten, North Of Koneigstein, for six years (1993 through 1999).

My best to all there.
/ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif
Deeman