PDA

View Full Version : CCB 4 Tourney/Dinner 2005

9 Ball Girl
04-25-2005, 09:08 AM
CCB 4 Tourney

When: Saturday, September 24, 2005
Where: Q-Master Billiards (http://www.q-masters.com/index.php) in The Green Room (http://www.q-masters.com/gallery.php) (first 3 pictures in the 3rd row on page 1)
Time: Warmup starts at 10 AM, quickie Player's Meeting at 11 AM, Play starts after
Format: Round Robin Scotch Doubles (not Jack and Jill)

Player List
1. 9 Ball Girl
2. Rich R
3. Wally_in_Cincy
4. landshark77
5. Doctor_D
6. Eric.
7. cueball1950
8. JackPot George
9. Kato
10.Brian in VA
11.JMD in VA
12.pooltchr
13.Nostalgia
14.tateuts
15.LJC_Cues
16.pooldaddy9

PM me with Count Me In! in the subject line if you'd like to play in the tourney. Also, if you're interested in donating a little something for our prizes, PM me too. Aw heck, just PM me to say Hi!

Prizes/Raffle Items

1st and 2nd Place CCB Trophies (US Open Replica Plaques) - Brian in VA, Harold Acosta
1 $695 Cue-Tech Pool School (http://www.poolschool.info) Tuition - randyg
1 Audrick Custom Cue (Philippines) - cueball1950 (Mike)
1 Butterfly Jump Cue - cueball1950
1 2005 Silver Dollar - cueball1950
1 Guissepe 2x4 Case - LJC_Cues (Luke)

CCB Dinner

Where: The Yukon Steak Co. (http://www.yukonsteak.com/)
When: Friday, September 23, 2005
Time: Meet at 5 PM in the lobby of the Holiday Inn. Reservations will be for 5:30 PM.

I'm going to make the reservations about 2 weeks before the date so if you guys can let me know if you're going to the dinner I can have a close to accurate count of people for the reservation. Also keep in mind that the date for the Tribute to Steve Mizerak is TBA...

Wendy<---Jack of All Trades, Master of None...Dishaw 37

Rich R.
04-25-2005, 09:13 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> Also keep in mind that the date for the Tribute to Steve Mizerak is TBA...<hr /></blockquote>
My guess, from past years, is that the Tribute, if it happens, will be Friday evening, at the dinner break between the aftnoon and evening session. It will most likely be in direct conflict with the CCB dinner. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Wendy, but two down on the CCB dinner list. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Brian in VA
04-25-2005, 12:41 PM
I'm in for dinner. Do I get to sit next to you? /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

9 Ball Girl
04-25-2005, 12:45 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Brian in VA:</font><hr> I'm in for dinner. Do I get to sit next to you? /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif <hr /></blockquote>Only if you were that pool tie! /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Tom_In_Cincy
04-25-2005, 12:56 PM
Sign me up as a very close MAYBE...

Dishaw #30

9 Ball Girl
04-25-2005, 12:59 PM
Would that be a very close MAYBE for the tourney or the dinner?

Tom_In_Cincy
04-25-2005, 02:28 PM
Yes...both

Kato
04-25-2005, 03:54 PM
I'd like to see you as a "absolutely" Tom. But I'll see you there in any case.

Kato

9 Ball Girl
04-25-2005, 05:40 PM
17.Tom_in_Cincy

/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Brian in VA
04-26-2005, 05:08 AM
"Only if you wear that pool tie."

I've been saving it for just such an occasion! /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

See you there.
Brian in VA

Rich R.
04-26-2005, 07:13 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Brian in VA:</font><hr> I've been saving it for just such an occasion! /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif <hr /></blockquote>
And where else would you possibly wear that tie? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

tateuts
04-26-2005, 09:53 AM
In the tournament, what game is being played?

Chris

Rich R.
04-26-2005, 10:46 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote tateuts:</font><hr> In the tournament, what game is being played? <hr /></blockquote>
We play Scotch Doubles 9-ball and we change partners for every round. The winner is decided on total wins. If there is a tie, we have a playoff.

It is a fun tournament, not necessarily a competitive tournament. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

9 Ball Girl
04-26-2005, 10:47 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote tateuts:</font><hr> In the tournament, what game is being played?

Chris <hr /></blockquote><blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9BG:</font><hr>Format: Round Robin Scotch Doubles (Not Jack and Jill)<hr /></blockquote>

Say there are 24 players. All names are thrown into a pot and then randomly selected to create 12 teams of 2 people. Team A (2 people) will play 2 games against Team B (2 people). Both teams will mark off their win(s)/loss(es) which will be tallied up using Dave's (Mr. Ingrates) software. After all teams have played, all names get thrown back into the pot and re-drawn again. Dave's software is great--you don't pair up again with whatever partner you had and you get to play everyone at least once (time permitting).

I think I got it right.

SPetty
04-26-2005, 11:05 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Brian in VA:</font><hr> "Only if you wear that pool tie."

I've been saving it for just such an occasion! /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif<hr /></blockquote> http://www.pettypoint.com/USOpenPics/Brian.jpg

Brian in VA
04-26-2005, 02:03 PM
I must start wearing taller pants or tying the tie longer.

Thanks Spetty!

Brian in VA
04-26-2005, 02:04 PM
I proudly wear my pool gear everywhere Rich. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

See you at the CCB dinner / tourney!

Brian in VA

cueball1950
04-26-2005, 05:36 PM
Maybe i should bring my LOUD Hwaiian shirt for brian to wear with that tie..what do you think brian...be a good match...lololol...................mike

Brian in VA
04-27-2005, 09:37 AM
I would never want to deface that tie! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif