PDA

View Full Version : G/C 1 or II ?

ballbanger
04-25-2005, 12:21 PM
How can you tell the difference between the two?

SplinterHands
04-25-2005, 06:24 PM
I think the GC1 has ashtrays built into the rails by the corner pockets. Not sure if the GC2 does.

Barbara
04-25-2005, 07:01 PM
There is a way to tell GCI from a GCII - it's the counters in the foot rails. That's the difference from every generation of the Brunswick table.

People will argue that the GCI has non-adjustable legs, buts that's a argumentable point. Brunswick made these models and swapped parts on them. Particularly the 9-foot models between the Model I's and II's. They are interchangeable. I have what is a GCI with the legs of an adjustable leg GCII. I know from whom I bought this table and I have the history. It is a GCI.

Barbara~~~has a great table /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Cueless Joey
04-25-2005, 07:39 PM
I believe the GC I had stainless steel corners while II's had pot metal. III's have brass corners.

Troy
04-25-2005, 08:06 PM
They were available with or without the ashtrays.

Troy
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SplinterHands:</font><hr> I think the GC1 has ashtrays built into the rails by the corner pockets. Not sure if the GC2 does. <hr /></blockquote>

ballbanger
04-26-2005, 10:54 AM
Hi Barb. Are you saying that the counters are different between the two or that the I's didnt have any and the II's did? I have a III that has counters.

By the way, does anyone know where I can get new counters? Mine are in bad shape.

Barbara
04-26-2005, 11:10 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote ballbanger:</font><hr> Hi Barb. Are you saying that the counters are different between the two or that the I's didnt have any and the II's did? I have a III that has counters.

By the way, does anyone know where I can get new counters? Mine are in bad shape. <hr /></blockquote>

Yes, the counters are a different design between the two tables.

Barbara

Popcorn
04-26-2005, 11:43 AM
Do you know right off the top of your head what the differences are? I have what I think is a GC 2 and it has the feet the screw to level it. It is one of the rare ones that have never been in a pool room, I got it from a private owner who got it new.

bsmutz
04-26-2005, 11:52 AM
I did a web search for Brunswick table parts or pool table parts and found counters somewhere. Don't have a link for ya, but you should be able to find it on your own.

BigRigTom
04-26-2005, 12:17 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote ballbanger:</font><hr> Hi Barb. Are you saying that the counters are different between the two or that the I's didnt have any and the II's did? I have a III that has counters.

By the way, does anyone know where I can get new counters? Mine are in bad shape. <hr /></blockquote>
Check out this web site:
Pool Table Parts (http://www.lakesidebilliardsupply.com/billiardtableparts.html)
You have to scroll down about 2/3 of the page to find the counters.

I don't know them but I found this site by searching for pool table parts on Google.
Good Luck and maybe you could tell the rest of us how this works out for you.
Thx in advance.

Barbara
04-26-2005, 12:35 PM
I don't know what the difference is off the top of my head, but they are different.

What I can do is take a picture of my counters and hopefully figure out how to post the pic.

Barbara

Popcorn
04-26-2005, 12:54 PM
I'll try to post a picture of mine as well.

ballbanger
04-26-2005, 12:58 PM
Hey thanks for the link. They are here in Louisiana too! I just ordered them and I'll let yall know how they work out. They look identical. Thanks for all the info.

ballbanger
04-28-2005, 01:29 PM
Got the new counters in today. They fit well and look just like the original G/C III counter. They are available in either chrome or copper. Although my trim was copper I had everything powdercoated with black sand so I had to paint the scores black to match.

I'd like to post some pictures but not sure how to do it. Can anyone tell me how?

PQQLK9
04-28-2005, 01:34 PM
Upload your pictures to one of the free web hosting services such as

www.photobucket.com (http://www.photobucket.com) then use the Image feature on CCB to post the pictures or

ask Spetty (she knows all this stuff)

SPetty
04-28-2005, 05:38 PM
Hey PQQLK9, you have it nailed! It's that easy. The hardest part is finding a place on the internet to put your pictures. Once you do, you can then copy the URL of the picture and put it between the UBB image tags.

Barbara
04-28-2005, 08:40 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> Hey PQQLK9, you have it nailed! It's that easy. The hardest part is finding a place on the internet to put your pictures. Once you do, you can then copy the URL of the picture and put it between the UBB image tags. <hr /></blockquote>

Which you'll need to step me through again on both this board and AZB.

I owe Popcorn pics of the counters of the GCI I have and I want to flaunt my new and pretty Jack Justis case over at AZB.

TIA!!

Barbara~~~the "crack cocaine" will be in the mail... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
04-29-2005, 05:35 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Barbara:</font><hr>

TIA!!

Barbara~~~the "crack cocaine" will be in the mail... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

LOL

Barbara has her own currency. If we ever go to a truly cashless society you can make a fortune staying home all day making nuts /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Rich R.
04-29-2005, 06:44 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Barbara:</font><hr>I want to flaunt my new and pretty Jack Justis case over at AZB. <hr /></blockquote>
You can flaunt it here too. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

JimS
04-29-2005, 07:22 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Barbara:</font><hr>I want to flaunt my new and pretty Jack Justis case over at AZB. <hr /></blockquote>
You can flaunt it here too. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

YEAH! I'd like to see it too.

I would love to have a Justis but I value good leather workmanship so much that I'd be afraid to take it anywhere and get it scratched, dusty or stolen. I've got a Flowers and a Whitten and some others that I'm afraid to take out of the house.

I get too enamored of my possessions. Once I get'm I don't want to let'm go.

Rich R.
04-29-2005, 08:55 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote JimS:</font><hr> I would love to have a Justis but I value good leather workmanship so much that I'd be afraid to take it anywhere and get it scratched, dusty or stolen. I've got a Flowers and a Whitten and some others that I'm afraid to take out of the house.

I get too enamored of my possessions. Once I get'm I don't want to let'm go. <hr /></blockquote>
Jim, I believe all the people you mentioned make these cases to be used, not kept in a display case.
I have had a Justis case for a few years now. Yes, it has some small battle scars, but nothing major. I consider it adding a little character to the case.
Like fine cues, the real pleasure in owning these cases is using them. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif