PDA

View Full Version : racking by hand

youngtrane
04-25-2005, 08:03 PM
Hey all,
I was recently watching some footage of the European Pool Championships (http://www.europeanpoolchampionships.com/livestream.asp), and I noticed that this player kept racking the balls by hand. He would just put the one ball on the spot and slide the rest of the balls up, and apparently he was able to get a tight rack, because his opponent checked the rack each time and never complained. I didnt know you could rack balls by hand...how did he do this!?

~youngtrane

NBC-BOB
04-28-2005, 12:04 PM
I have seen a few people do this and even had one show me.But no matter how hard I practiced doing this I couldn't.
So I gave up.Guess I just don't have the touch.

Wally_in_Cincy
04-28-2005, 12:36 PM
George Fels wrote a column about a guy that could do it quicker than he (Fels) could with a triangle, and perfectly too.

sack316
04-28-2005, 06:59 PM
me and a buddy hand racked one night just to be funnt because another table took our rack. After a few monster breaks we decided we may start doing that regularly because it was so good. I don't know why it seemed to rack better that way, but it did.

pro9dg
04-29-2005, 12:43 AM
They can rack by hand because the balls have been tapped in beforehand using a special template. If you look closely you can see the divots.