PDA

View Full Version : Great Pool Day All Round THANK YOU FRAN!

Gayle in MD
04-26-2005, 06:31 AM
What could be more fun than getting great Pool instruction, meeting fellow CCBers whom you've never met before, and meeting two of the top women shooters in the world? I wouldn't have missed it for anything!

Those of you who have never met or had a lesson with Fran Crimi, are really missing something. She is as warm and friendly as they come, and as much fun as she is serious about teaching you and focussing on YOU!

Meeting Spetty was a blast, Joe, Tom, Paul and Mark, great folks!

Karen and Julie couldn't have been nicer or more down to earth. Their sincerity and kindness really shines through, and yes, they are both prettier in person. I had to pinch myself a few times, like when taking a shot, I hear a voice from behind me say, "Nice shot Gayle" and realize It's comming from Karen!

The workshop experience was so multifaceted, combining the opportunity to learn, to ask questions of Karen and Julie, getting one on one instruction, demonstrations on fundamentals and even some great trick shot demonstrations!

When Fran has the next one, I am definately going to attend! It really was worth much more than the price I paid to attend!

Thanks Fran, Julie and Karen for a most valuable and memorable experience, I'll never forget it!

Gayle in Md. the only thing missing was Dick Leonard, sorry you didn't make it friend...

9 Ball Girl
04-26-2005, 06:38 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> Meeting Spetty was a blast<hr /></blockquote>Wait a minute. Wait one gosh darn minute! Spetty was in NY, Gayle was in NY, I was in NY and I didn't get over there to hang with you guys??? I can't remember if it was a 1 day or 2 day workshop, I know I couldn't make the workshop but I could've made it later afterwards to hang with you guys.

Wendy&lt;--- /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Gayle in MD
04-26-2005, 06:47 AM
D##N woman! Why didn't you come over? After the workshop we all went to Central Bar for drinks, Karen and Julie too! It would have been so great to meet you! Don't miss the next one, I'll be there for sure! I was wondering why you didn't come over, I thought I would be seeing you!

Hey, what happens at the bar, stays at the bar, LOL!

Gayle in Md....would love to meet Wendy!

Deeman2
04-26-2005, 06:58 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> Meeting Spetty was a blast, Joe, Tom, Paul and Mark, great folks!
<hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue"> Gayle,

You know we are holding all you Northerners responsisble for sending SPetty safey back to us here! She's our local treasure! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I am glad to hear you had so much fun and a great opportunity to meet and study with Fran, Karen et al.

Sounds like the women had control of the place...about time... /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif </font color>

Deeman

Nostalgia
04-26-2005, 07:05 AM
I'd like to echo Gayle's sentiments. I had a GREAT time! My wife is going to smack me soon if I don't shut up about it...

Like Gayle said, Karen and Julie are fun, down-to-earth people. Fran is a great person and a great teacher. One of Fran's instructors, Mark, was there, and he was very observant and full of great advice. Everyone was approachable and willing to sit and chat for a while. My only regret is not getting to play a game against Karen or Julie. Maybe after Fran whips me into shape and the co-ed tour starts... /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Now, there are few things I like better than drinks with friends at an Irish pub. Very few. Add in Karen, Julie, Fran, SPetty, Bob, Tom, Gayle, Paul, Mary Lou (was that her name?) and I'm in heaven /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

-Joe

Gayle in MD
04-26-2005, 09:41 AM
Thank you friend,
and I can see why (SPETTY) you would feel that way. Actually, the women were outnumbered I think, as far as students go, but whose counting, LOL. I know I am leaving some names out too, old brain, doesn't hold up like it used to, LOL.

Gayle in Md.

SPetty
04-26-2005, 10:45 AM
I'd like to echo Gayle's sentiments. I had a GREAT time! /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Oh wait, I think Nostalgia said that! Well, I'll say it too. I'll post a few sentences about the non-pool aspect of my trip over on the non-pool board a little later, but as for this workshop, it was great!

Thanks, Fran, for EVERYTHING!!!

Things might not have gone as smoothly as Fran would have hoped, and we definitely didn't have enough time for everything, but what a blast! It was a real good first attempt, and I really hope they do more of these workshops.

The workshop wasn't so much of "Here's what you should do" as it was "Here's the way we do it". They showed us how they make an open bridge, how they do the snooker stance, what their stroke is all about, what they keep in their cue case - stuff like that. I was fortunate to hear straight from Karen that I had a good stroke. Fran said nice things about it too.

My favorite part of the workshop was when Karen and Julie played a game against each other, but put their thoughts out there for all of us to hear.

Of course, as mentioned, a highlight was meeting in a local pub after the workshop, where Karen bought me a shot of tequila. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif And then Nostalgia bought me a shot of tequila. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif And then Gayle bought me a shot of tequila. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif (Word seems to have leaked that I kinda like tequila... /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif )

Gayle is really funny, and Nostalgia is a total hottie! I'll have to mention Tom, an admitted lurker who doesn't post. I would have no reservation recommending this workshop to anyone at any time. I just wish we would have had more time to learn more, and it would have been fun to have some time to play some pool with Gayle and Fran!

Fran Crimi
04-26-2005, 11:44 AM
No Gayle,

Thank YOU! And SPetty and Joe and all who so enthusiastically participated. Thanks for the thumbs-up everyone, and I'm already mapping out ways to make this format even better and better in the future. Can't wait. I was thrilled to meet you all and you are all the nicest people I could ever hope to meet.

In the meantime...so there we are, Gayle, me, Joe and SPetty in my car driving in Manhattan. First stop: take Joe to the Staten Island Ferry. I'm not sure where it is and I wind up on Mott street, taking us through the narrow streets of Chinatown. SPetty keeps looking up and remarks how she can't believe how narrow the streets are. Joe is looking at the map in his NYC Guide Book for Non Tourists. "I think you make a left here." Then Gayle says, "I think we just hit that guy on the bicycle." I look in my rearview mirror. "He's okay. Just lost his balance a little." LOL (Actually, I think he hit us.)

I figure if we keep heading towards the water, we'll find the Ferry Station. Unfortunately, the Island is surrounded by water. We get to what looks like the end of the Island and I pull over to check Joe's map. Joe yells, "Look! There's the Ferry Station!" We were stopped right in front of it.

Joe jumps out and we head uptown to drop Gayle off at her hotel. Gayle remarks that she always wanted to dance on Broadway. I take a detour and stop the car in the middle of Times Square. I tell Gayle to get out and dance. Gayle jumps out of the car and dances on Broadway. She jumps back in and we're off again.

No wonder I slept for 12 hours after you guys all left. (Can't wait to do it all again! /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif)

Fran

Gayle in MD
04-26-2005, 01:01 PM
Hey Fran,
You're the tops in my book. You and your group couldn't have been more accomodating. Don't change anything! It was truly a blast!

Bicycle man was thrown off balance by the wind shear from Frans car, LMAO!

Now, when I come back, make sure if we go drinking, you make me stop by the ladies room before I do any tap dancing, LOL. (Fran had to make an emergency stop in traffic, lol) and remember, SPetty, after two beers, you can't beleive anything I say!

I still can't beleive SPetty could drink not one, not two, but three shots of TQ, and was still straight as an arrow!

Gayle's a cheap date, lol. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

CarolNYC
04-26-2005, 01:18 PM
Hey Gayle,
I am LMAO! -you guys are crazy-I thought this was about pool,ha ha ha!
Sightseeing,drinking,knocking poor messengers off their bikes /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif
But seriously, Im very surprised to see only 10 people showed up and 3 of youse are out-of-towners-hmmm,something musta been going on that day!
Oh well, glad you had a blast!

Carol

Gayle in MD
04-26-2005, 01:48 PM
Hey Carol, it WAS a blast, and I kept remembering your post about the boat ride with Fran, LOL. No, really, she's a good driver, we're putting her on a bit,,,

Fran will correct me if I am wrong, but I thought there were about twelve or fourteen, a limited class, and beleive me, it WAS all about pool. The information I got was invaluable, from each of the instructors. It was really quite an experience, being critiqued by five different instructors, and they each had something valuable to give you. I was releived that Fran thinks my stroke is good, and Paul said I had the stance down, Karen said I had a good eye, and well, there was just so much available, I am still high on the experience. There were a few priceless secrets given to me by one who shall remain anonymous, Can't tell, sorry!

Everyone was really High after the workshop, high on the experience that is, LOL, and then we were all invited by Karen and Julie to get together at the pub, can you beleive that, They wanted to buy US drinks! How many pros would want to do that? They were great!

Wish you could have been there!

Gayle in Md.

Nostalgia
04-26-2005, 01:59 PM
OMG I forgot about the poor bike guy! I was laughing my butt off about that one. Typical day in NYC /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Yea, I couldn't believe Karen bought us all a round. What a classy gal! Maybe we can get her and Julie back so I can make everyone pizza /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif Will they be part of the JPNEWT tour? It'll be at Comet Billiards by me in June.

-Joe

Fran Crimi
04-26-2005, 02:02 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr>
Fran will correct me if I am wrong, but I thought there were about twelve or fourteen, a limited class, and beleive me, it WAS all about pool.
Gayle in Md. <hr /></blockquote>

I limited the field size to 12. We had 10 participants and 4 instructors. Two more participants were pre-registered to round out the 12 but got stuck upstate and couldn't make it in.

Fran

CarolNYC
04-26-2005, 02:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
They wanted to buy US drinks! How many pros would want to do that? They were great!
<hr /></blockquote>

Yep,yep,yep,how strong is that?
Way to go!
Carol /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Gayle in MD
04-26-2005, 02:20 PM
What part of Jersey is that in Joe? Is it near NY?

Gayle in Md.,

CarolNYC
04-26-2005, 02:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
We had 10 participants and 4 instructors <hr /></blockquote>
Not bad-(10 to 4)-2 1/2 student per instructor /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I can just see the future-Fran driving a double decker bus with an advertisement on the side:
Frans poolschool and NY tours,LMAO! /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
Carol

Fran Crimi
04-26-2005, 02:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]

We had 10 participants and 4 instructors <hr /></blockquote>

Oops...sorry. I can't count. We had 5 instructors. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Fran

Nostalgia
04-26-2005, 02:34 PM
Comet is in Parsippanny. It's just under 1hr from NYC. I'm about 20 minutes farther away.

-Joe

Barbara
04-26-2005, 02:41 PM
Joe,

That event is limited to Amateur and Semi-Pro only. Karen and Julie are eligible to play in any of JPNEWT's State Championships. Karen is the 4-time defending NJ State 9-Ball Champion.

Barbara

Gayle in MD
04-26-2005, 02:45 PM
Tom, what a nice guy, come on Tom, are you out there Tom? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Gayle in Md.

DickLeonard
04-27-2005, 06:35 AM
Nostalgia years ago someone wrote a pool piece about the Worlds Pool Champion from Parsippany,NJ or was it me that wrote the article and never sent it to be published. I will have to go into my memory bank.####

DickLeonard
04-27-2005, 06:42 AM
Gayle,SPetty I am sorry I missed the Clinic but it warms my heart that this Board can create an event that everyone came away with a feeling of comadreship and learning of this great game that most of us are adddicted to.####

Gayle in MD
04-27-2005, 03:10 PM
Dick,
I hope things will work out so that you can make the next one! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Gayle in Md.

DickLeonard
04-28-2005, 07:14 AM
Nostalgia it was me that wrote the piece but I was the Maine State Champion from Parsippany,Nj. I just loved the name Parsippany. I was trying my hand at fiction writing about how far we had to travel to win a tournament to play in the US Open. I must have it someplace.####