PDA

View Full Version : McDermott "ROBLES" series cues!

CarolNYC
04-26-2005, 01:27 PM
Tony Robles will soon be having his own line of cues with McDermott-I can't think of anyone who is more deserving than he and I am VERY happy for him-
While we were at dinner this past Sunday, I kinda offered my 2 cents ,in a style of cue I would like to see,something tribal design,the warrior,and was just wondering if anyone else has a suggestion of what they would like to see!

Anyways, Congratulations Tony!
I love ya!
Carol /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

RailbirdJAM
04-27-2005, 12:39 AM
Hi, CarolNYC! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif Congratulations to Tony Robles!

One thing that separates Tony Robles from all the rest is his professionalism on and off the table. He is very chic, and his sense of style is unique and a breath of fresh air in this pool world.

I'd suggest a cue design which complements Tony's distinctive style, almost Armani-ish, simple with clean lines, yet elegant, with an attention to detail and utilization of only the BEST materials. /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

RailbirdJAM

Rich R.
04-27-2005, 02:34 AM
Congratulations to Tony. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I'm only surpised that it has taken major companies so long to see the value in a player rep of Tony's caliber.
I hope it is a long and successful relationship.

CarolNYC
04-27-2005, 03:04 AM
Hi Rich,
Your awesome Rich! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
[ QUOTE ]
surpised that it has taken major companies so long to see the value in a player rep of Tony's caliber.
<hr /></blockquote>
I agree,but sometimes,good things come to those who wait,ya know? Its his time to SHINE! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

CarolNYC
04-27-2005, 03:16 AM
Hey Railbirdjam,
How are you?
Yep-the "gentleman of pool"!

[ QUOTE ]

I'd suggest a cue design which complements Tony's distinctive style, almost Armani-ish, simple with clean lines, yet elegant, with an attention to detail and utilization of only the BEST materials <hr /></blockquote>

Wow-I like it-may I show Tony this? /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

And being his name is "Silent Assassin", he's just gotta have an Assassin cue-cm'on now /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
Carol~likes Railbirdjams way of thinking!!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
04-27-2005, 05:41 AM
Isn't he from Puerto Rico originally? Maybe that could be a consideration. Something Caribbean. Sorry I'm not creative enough to give specifics.

Wally&lt;~~ left brainer

Gayle in MD
04-27-2005, 06:13 AM
Hey Carol,
When I think of Tony, I think of the comet symbol. It's a circle with lines going upward off one side. Sudden strength and power. I don't see him as a warrior, he's so nice, more like heavenly power...sleek and powerful.

I met him once, what a nice guy... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Gayle in Md.

Nostalgia
04-27-2005, 06:59 AM
I also had the pleasure of meeting Tony, and he's a great guy. Very personable and a doting father. Oh, and merciless on the table /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

As for designs, I don't have a real artistic bent. However, if I were going to buy a Tony Robles cue, I'd like to see it be simple. Just a nice cue with good woods and good looking points, and Tony's signature between two of the points along the forearm.

-Joe

CarolNYC
04-27-2005, 07:19 AM
Hi Wally,
Yes,yes he is-Bayamon,PR!
I like it,Wally, I like it alot!And I appreciate your opinion very much,as well as any others! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif
This has become a kinda personnal agenda for me-I feel, putting your name on a product is such an important decision-the product is going out to the public, so you HAVE TO appeal to the public for their opinions and definitely take them into consideration-I know,there are many people who can have a custom cue made,BUT, there are many who cant-(I, for damn sure ,can't afford it)-
Like the "Harley" cue,Im sure alot bikers bought it!
The 'Jack Daniels" cue-need I say more /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gifha ha ha!

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not creative enough to give specifics.

<hr /></blockquote>
Me either,thats why we BLEND!LMAO

Carol~loves Wallys creativeness! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
04-27-2005, 07:23 AM
BTW have you seen the McDermott Barretta series. They look pretty cool even thought he pics on their website are pretty small.

CarolNYC
04-27-2005, 07:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
think of the comet symbol <hr /></blockquote>
For some reason Gayle, you got me singing"Honey ,you ,are my shining star......" /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I don't see him as a warrior <hr /></blockquote>
Well, the warrior ,to me, is like, someone who will never give up and focus towards that victory,ya know?And that can kinda be related in pool-as least for me it does /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I met him <hr /></blockquote>
This is why I ask-many people here know him and thats whats cool!

Thanks Gayle!
Carol~knew Gayle would always make it on Broadway /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

CarolNYC
04-27-2005, 07:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Just a nice cue with good woods and good looking points, and Tony's signature between two of the points along the forearm.
<hr /></blockquote>
Tap,tap,tap-good idea-gotta have a "signature" cue!
Awesome,Joe!
Carol /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

CarolNYC
04-27-2005, 07:32 AM
No Wally,
I havent actually seen one yet-but I knew about it-and Jen is another person Im very happy for-thats a fact! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Carol /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

9 Ball Girl
04-27-2005, 07:40 AM
Hey Carol! I think Tony's cue should be distracting to the other player. Show him this. He'll know what I mean. And he knows what I like... /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

CarolNYC
04-27-2005, 07:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
should be distracting to the other player <hr /></blockquote>
Wendy,
Your killing me, Im LMAO,ha ha ha ha!
I know YOU-you have to be more specific now-distracting to male or female players?-Oh, we can really take off on this one-LMAO-my stomachs killing me! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
And he knows what I like <hr /></blockquote>
You dont have to tell ME that!
You got it girl! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Carol

Wally_in_Cincy
04-27-2005, 08:01 AM
there's a roma, a milano, and a tuscany

http://www.mcdermottcue.com/PAGES/Players/Barretta/Barretta%20Collection2.htm

Popcorn
04-27-2005, 08:25 AM
Those are some ugly cues. I wonder if the player has any input in designing cues with their name on it?

Wally_in_Cincy
04-27-2005, 08:33 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Popcorn:</font><hr> Those are some ugly cues.

<font color="blue">I will reserve judgement until I can see one in person, or at least a better pic. </font color>

I wonder if the player has any input in designing cues with their name on it?

<font color="blue">you would think /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I doubt Jenn Barretta would put her name on something without her approval. I think she used to be a fashion designer, or a buyer. </font color> <hr /></blockquote>

bsmutz
04-27-2005, 11:02 AM
People like stuff with wicked names, like the Assassin line of Tony Robles cues. I'm picturing something like a view through a rifle scope aiming at an 8-ball or 9-ball. Or maybe after the shot's been fired with the ball starting to disintegrate. Maybe a garrote coiled up between the shaft and butt or the butt separates into numchuks? J/K

bustah360
04-27-2005, 01:31 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote CarolNYC:</font><hr>
Just a nice cue with good woods and good looking points, and Tony's signature between two of the points along the forearm.<hr /></blockquote>
Tap,tap,tap-good idea-gotta have a "signature" cue!
Awesome,Joe!
Carol /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>
I agree with the elegant yet simple signature cue. I've known him for some years now, and if he's anything described, its very classy to the fellow shooter. A true professional in the game. But having roots from PR also, I'd like to see the flag possibly small on the butt sleeve. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

HI CAROL!! any crazy ass teachers to deal with lately? How did you do on sunday after sending me to loserville? /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

CarolNYC
04-27-2005, 01:58 PM
Hmmmmmmmmmm..........
[ QUOTE ]
like the Assassin line of Tony Robles cues. I'm picturing something like a view through a rifle scope aiming at an 8-ball or 9-ball <hr /></blockquote>

with a silencer!!!!!!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Very cool!
Thanks!

CarolNYC
04-27-2005, 02:03 PM
Yo Keith,
Is this you? WHATS UP? AHHHHHHHHH! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
roots from PR also, I'd like to see the flag possibly small on the butt sleeve <hr /></blockquote>
No doubt,no doubt /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

[ QUOTE ]
How did you do on sunday <hr /></blockquote>
Blah,blah,blah, I got wiped out at the 7/8th place-wasnt that the most ridicuolous match ,me and you?LMAO!
Hey, your girls a pleasure-a real sweetheart-good luck if you go to Spin City! Ah-ite????? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

bustah360
04-27-2005, 02:17 PM
Yea its me...she's sweet alright, just dont piss her off...she's got that nutty latina thing going on sometimes, LOL! Your not going to spin-city?

Harold Acosta
04-28-2005, 05:46 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bustah360:</font><hr> I agree with the elegant yet simple signature cue. I've known him for some years now, and if he's anything described, its very classy to the fellow shooter. A true professional in the game. But having roots from PR also, I'd like to see the flag possibly small on the butt sleeve. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

<hr /></blockquote>

Tony could draw a tiny "Porto Rican" flag with his signature... similar to the one seen below.

Harold Acosta
04-28-2005, 05:51 PM
Carol, please let Tony know that I'm very happy for him. I would really like to see those "babies" soon.

Harold - wants one with Tony's "real" signature.

landshark77
04-28-2005, 06:02 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote CarolNYC:</font><hr> you have to be more specific now-distracting to male or female players?
<hr /></blockquote>

Ummm, cues come with shafts, right??? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif Hmmm...I guess it all comes down to what you like.

CarolNYC
04-29-2005, 05:38 AM
I will,Harold, I will /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Hope your well!

9 Ball Girl
04-29-2005, 07:39 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote landshark77:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote CarolNYC:</font><hr> you have to be more specific now-distracting to male or female players?
<hr /></blockquote>

Ummm, cues come with shafts, right??? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif Hmmm...I guess it all comes down to what you like. <hr /></blockquote>Distracting to any opponent-be it male or female. Possibly while drinking hot cocoa. Tony knows exactly what I'm talkin' 'bout. Oh hell, I'll just call him and tell him myself! Teehee