PDA

View Full Version : country music?

westcoast_rodeo
04-27-2005, 07:06 PM
Anyone heard this new artist named Shooter Jennings, who is Waylon Jennings' son? My friend who works for Universal gave me a copy of his CD a couple days ago. This guy puts a whole new spin on country music. It's really raw, and it's got a lotta rock in there for the guys who like Skynyrd and the Allmans, like myself. Anybody else a fan of Shooter? If you're interested in checkin his music out I have some song links. Let me know what you think of it.

4th of July
http://209.200.98.131/shooterjennings/audio/4thOfJuly1.ram

Southern Comfort
http://209.200.98.131/shooterjennings/audio/SouthernComfort.asx

PQQLK9
04-27-2005, 07:26 PM
Is this an advertisment?

Nostalgia
04-27-2005, 07:38 PM
I vote yes.

hondo
04-29-2005, 11:02 AM
There's a lot of great country music out there not
on the radio:
Jim Lauderdale
Billie Joe Shaver
Hank111
Greg Brown
Ray Wylie hubbard
Buddy Miller
Lucinda Williams
Dale Watson just to name a few.

SPetty
04-29-2005, 11:06 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote hondo:</font><hr> There's a lot of great country music out there not
on the radio:
Jim Lauderdale
Billie Joe Shaver
Hank111
Greg Brown
Ray Wylie hubbard
Buddy Miller
Lucinda Williams
Dale Watson just to name a few. <hr /></blockquote>Robert Earl Keen
Max Stalling
Gary P. Nunn
Brian Burns
Lyle Lovett

Have you heard Ray Wylie Hubbard's new one "We're From Texas, Screw You" Fun little ditty... /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

hondo
04-29-2005, 11:23 AM
I'm not familiar with Brian Burns or Max Stalling.
As I said, lots of neat people out there the masses
haven't heard of. Yeah, I've heard it. I just discovered
Hubbard about a year ago. Great.

Voodoo Daddy
04-29-2005, 11:42 AM
Tradition Country music kills brain cells, I seen it. Shooter Jennings doesnt fall into that catagory but his music has subliminal braincell killing agents...so I would have to say keep it while I bang my head to Three Days Grace &lt;BANG BANG BANG BANG&gt;

PQQLK9
04-29-2005, 12:02 PM
We have BOTH types of music; Country and Western. (Bob's Country Bunker in the Blue's Brothers) /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

landshark77
04-29-2005, 12:13 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote hondo:</font><hr> There's a lot of great country music out there not
on the radio:
Jim Lauderdale
Billie Joe Shaver
Hank111
Greg Brown
Ray Wylie hubbard
Buddy Miller
Lucinda Williams
Dale Watson just to name a few. <hr /></blockquote>

3 words: DAVID ALLEN COE

'cause my long hair can't cover up my redneck....

westcoast_rodeo
04-29-2005, 02:25 PM
Did anyone listen to the music links? Do you guys like it?

dg-in-centralpa
04-30-2005, 05:17 AM
The best albums by Coe are the ones he did while in jail. Now I'm told that he won't talk about these at all. I used to sell these at $75 per album, many years ago.
DG

hondo
04-30-2005, 10:59 PM
He won't talk about them because they were extremely
racist and he has moved past that now. I remember
the one they used to sell in biker bars. He even
talked about having sex with his sister.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote dg-in-centralpa:</font><hr> The best albums by Coe are the ones he did while in jail. Now I'm told that he won't talk about these at all. I used to sell these at $75 per album, many years ago.
DG <hr /></blockquote>

dg-in-centralpa
05-01-2005, 10:12 AM
There were two albums like this. I listened to them to see how bad they were. Blew my mind. These were probably the raunchiest albums I ever heard. I wish I would have kept a copy of them.

DG

DebraLiStarr
05-01-2005, 11:40 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote PQQLK9:</font><hr> Is this an advertisment? <hr /></blockquote>

I saw this same post on another (non-pool related) message board, so yes...

landshark77
05-03-2005, 01:23 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote dg-in-centralpa:</font><hr> There were two albums like this. I listened to them to see how bad they were. Blew my mind. These were probably the raunchiest albums I ever heard. I wish I would have kept a copy of them.

DG <hr /></blockquote>

I'm "acquiring" them as we speak (to sample)....the internet...man's answer to rare music! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

dg-in-centralpa
05-03-2005, 01:32 PM
Landshark,
You're right about the internet. Personally being that I used to sell rare music, 45's,LP's, cd's, memorabilia, I would support a used or mom/pop record store. But that's my 2c.

DG