PDA

View Full Version : Z100 "trashes" Staten Island!

CarolNYC
04-28-2005, 03:45 AM
Z100,which is a popular NY radio station, played a song on the radio which denigrated the island as being "made of trash" and "smelling like crap"
Well, they came to the mall Tuesday evening to make amends and designate it "Staten ISland Appreciation Day!"-handed out shirts,posters,concert tickets,etc....
Now, for anyone who has been born&raised here,like me, KNOWS that the landfill smells-how can it not? We've got every boroughs garbage-where else could they bring it?
I think, the only reason they had to make amends is because it is no longer "just a dump" its where the remains of WTC were brought!
Carol~doesnt believe they had to make amends over garbage alone! /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

dg-in-centralpa
04-28-2005, 05:46 AM
Carol,
Organize a boycott of the station. Have someone call Stern, he doesn't like them and will help you.
DG

CarolNYC
04-28-2005, 09:19 AM
Oh no,Duane,ha ha ha,
Personally, I thought the song was hilarious,and TRUE,but,it was a front full page article in the paper how z100 had to make amends and I just feel, there was more of a DEEPER reason they came here,ya know!
Carol /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Eric.
04-28-2005, 11:19 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote CarolNYC:</font><hr> Z100,which is a popular NY radio station, played a song on the radio which denigrated the island as being "made of trash" and "smelling like crap"
Well, they came to the mall Tuesday evening to make amends and designate it "Staten ISland Appreciation Day!"-handed out shirts,posters,concert tickets,etc....
Now, for anyone who has been born&amp;raised here,like me, KNOWS that the landfill smells-how can it not? We've got every boroughs garbage-where else could they bring it?
I think, the only reason they had to make amends is because it is no longer "just a dump" its where the remains of WTC were brought!
Carol~doesnt believe they had to make amends over garbage alone! /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif
<hr /></blockquote>

Isn't it Stankin Island?

Eric &gt;kiddin! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

wolfdancer
04-28-2005, 01:05 PM
Carol, you poor girl!!!!....you live in/on a garbage dump???
and it smells???
And that is the "greatest city in...."???
I moved up here a year and a half ago.....the air is nice and clean, oxygenated by all the surrounding greenery, the water tastes great, motorists, for the most part, are polite, crime is low...so low that "disturbances" make it into the weekly police report....R.E. is reasonable, people are friendly.....
it's so nice....it's so great.....it's.....it's.....so ****
boring, I feel like holding up the local supermarket, just to create some excitement....maybe I'll just steal from the offering plate at Sunday service, instead.

CarolNYC
04-28-2005, 02:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Carol, you poor girl!!!!.... <hr /></blockquote>
Aw,dont worry Wolfdancer-I live a COMFORTABLE life /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
!!!!....you live in/on a garbage dump???
and it smells???
<hr /></blockquote>
Only when the wind blows a certain way,LMAO!

[ QUOTE ]
.....the air is nice and clean, oxygenated by all the surrounding greenery, the water tastes great, motorists, for the most part, are polite, crime is low...so low that "disturbances" make it into the weekly police report.... <hr /></blockquote>

I wouldn't survive,ha ha ha ha!

[ QUOTE ]
boring, I feel like holding up the local supermarket, just to create some excitement....maybe I'll just steal from the offering plate at Sunday service, instead <hr /></blockquote>
There ya go-be careful what you ask for.........LMAO!

Carol~once again-stomach hurts from laughter! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif