PDA

View Full Version : just could not get the roll..

dvsmnstr
04-28-2005, 06:31 AM
hey guys.. I had a horribly unlucky night tonight in the APA. I played a guy who was a 7 and me being ranked a 5 I had to win 4 games. I played him before and beat him 4 games straight about 5 weeks ago. So last night I end up playing him again.. he ended up winning and I only one 1 game.. The first 4 games I should have won!! and i'm not just saying that. Each game him with a few ducks.. I have 2 balls left shoot one in then the cue ball would roll just behind the 8ball or his ball every time.. by only maybe a 1/4 inch sometimes I had to much draw another just a tad too much follow.. it was terrible! then the last game with him on the hill I shoot the 8ball in( no sign of a scratch) I turn and shake a teammates hand.. then my opponents he says good game then like what seemed minutes later the cue ball is still rolling??? that damn thing rolled all the way down and just plopped in.. everyone could not believe it!

anyone else believe there is a little luck in pool? have a bad night like this?

SplinterHands
04-28-2005, 07:00 AM
I've heard of earthquakes causing bad rolls. Check with your local seismologist.

Wally_in_Cincy
04-28-2005, 07:34 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote dvsmnstr:</font><hr> anyone else believe there is a little luck in pool? have a bad night like this? <hr /></blockquote>

/ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

You're kidding right? /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Not since Monday

Playing a 3, he needs 2 games. I fluked in an early 8 the first game, won the second game. In the third game he has the 11 ball left, he fires at it and somehow does not make it.

START(
%BF2D3%HJ7O0%KD9D3%PD8N5%UD7F3%VD8M2%eB4a3
)END

http://endeavor.med.nyu.edu/~wei/pool/pooltable2.html

and leaves me with this

START(
%BI4D0%HD3Z2%K[4D0%PK1M8%eB4a3
)END

/ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif Quickest loss of my life

woody_968
04-28-2005, 08:32 PM
Is there luck in pool? yes.

Is what you are describing luck? No

Sorry to be the one to tell you this,,, but the cueball goes where you hit it. If you want to improve next time you get hooked or you scratch dont say you got a bad roll, say to yourself how could I have hit the shot differently so I wouldnt have done that.

Dont get me wrong,,, sometimes when you must go 14 feet and get within a 6 inch gap for shape there is some luck involved. But I see players all the time that want to call everything that happens bad luck and it hurts their game.

Dont take this post the wrong way,,, but this is some advice I got a long time ago that really helped me.