PDA

View Full Version : Save Bugs Bunny and Friends

TomBrooklyn
04-28-2005, 06:49 PM
New Looney Tunes: Now With Less Looniness
Cynics would call it a brilliant public-relations stunt. Pollyannas would call it a testament to what can be achieved when one individual decides to make a difference. Whatever the reason, Warner Brothers, a unit of media megalith Time Warner has reportedly buckled under the pressure applied by one 11-year-old boy, Thomas Adams of Tulsa, Okla. Two months ago, young Mr. Adams was horrified when he saw Warner's plans for a futuristic update of its classic "Looney Tunes" cartoon characters. For a coming new show called "Loonatics," Warner overhauled the decades-old design of Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, et al., turning them into menacing little slashes of ink with blade-like ears and pupil-less eyes. Mr. Adams knew what to do: he created an online petition to pressure Warner to tone the characters down. More than 80,000 signatures later, Warner has apparently buckled. His mother is proud, though she may not care for his plans for future activism: "I was thinking about doing one against homework," he told the AP.

Sign the petition here (http://www.saveourlooneytunes.com/moreinfo.htm)

sack316
04-28-2005, 07:23 PM
wow, thanks to that little boy. I'm sick of seeing old stuff I used to love turned into "Anime" style work. Transformers has already been ruined, at least now maybe looney tunes can be saved.