PDA

View Full Version : "Idol" Finalist Dodged Cocaine, Pot Raps

SnakebyteXX
04-29-2005, 04:42 AM
Bo Bice completed drug diversion program after two Alabama busts

APRIL 28--One of the five remaining "American Idol" finalists was once arrested for felony cocaine possession, but had the charge--and a separate marijuana count--dismissed last year after completing a so-called "diversion program," The Smoking Gun has learned.

Harold "Bo" Bice, 29, was busted in June 2001 by Huntsville, Alabama cops and hit with the drug count, a Class C felony, according to the below warrant. He was arrested again in July 2003 near Birmingham and charged with marijuana possession, public intoxication, and possession of drug paraphernalia, according to court records.

He pleaded guilty to the latter two misdemeanors in December 2004. The pot charge was dismissed after Bice's successful completion of the same diversion program that covered his prior cocaine bust. In that 2001 case, a District Court preliminary hearing was set for August 29, but when a Huntsville Police Department investigator did not show, Judge Susan Moquin dismissed the Bice case, according to a court docket.

But with prosecutors prepared to refile the felony count, Bice later opted to enter a drug diversion program overseen by the district attorney's office, according to Heather Douglas, spokesperson for the Madison County D.A.. Bice formally entered the diversion program in 2003 following his pot arrest, and the two separate drug possession charges were effectively merged and covered by Bice's diversion program, according to a TSG source familiar with the cases (the cocaine charge was bounced on April 28, 2004, and the pot rap was dismissed five months ago).

Bice was arrested on the cocaine charge after scoring about 1/2 a gram of the drug from an acquaintance at Huntsville's Silver Dollar strip club, according to a source. If convicted of the felony coke charge, Bice would have faced a maximum of 10 years in jail, though a probationary term would have been more likely.

While details of what Bice had to do in the diversion program are confidential, enrollees usually must submit to urine tests, undergo drug counseling, and attend awareness classes.

Bice, who worked at the time in a Huntsville bar, is a long-haired rocker whose gritty appearance and performances have stood out from "American Idol"'s usual pop pablum. On Fox Television's "Idol" web site, Bice reports that his "most embarrassing moment" was when he once "fell off stage during a show."

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/0427051_bo_bice_american_idol_1.html

PQQLK9
04-29-2005, 05:41 AM
I'm pulling for Scott. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

9 Ball Girl
04-29-2005, 08:27 AM
Vonzell all the way!

eg8r
04-29-2005, 08:35 AM
What is it about Scott that you like?

I am pulling for Carrie. No real reason other than I think she is a better singer than the rest. Since pop music is so watered down with zero musical talent it would be nice to have the one with the most musical talent win.

eg8r <~~~also thinks Carrie is a real looker /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r
04-29-2005, 08:36 AM
He should fit in real well with the music industry. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

PQQLK9
04-29-2005, 08:42 AM
At this point they all are very talented but I think Scott is a natural.
And it was proven with Reuben that one does not have to be "little and cute" /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

9 Ball Girl
04-29-2005, 08:49 AM
Carrie is definitely a looker and she's got the best voice there, but IMO, I feel that there's something "stiff" about her. In other words, like there's a wall between her and the audience where Vonzell draws me into her perfomances. That's JMO.

I think it'll boil down to Vonzell and Carrie.

9 Ball Girl
04-29-2005, 08:54 AM
The difference between Scott and Reuben, IMO, is that Reuben is approachable and Scott doesn't give me that impression. Reuben also seems humble and Scott doesn't. I just can't see Scott as the next American Idol.

P.S. This season Simon is on the money with his comments.

Cueless Joey
04-29-2005, 09:57 AM
Carrie's got my vote.
She can even wear that Barbie Doll meets the Spepford Wives anytime. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
She's a hottie who can whale.
Hell, if Ashley Simpson can have her own tv show and album, Carrie can have her own 24-hour tv show.

SpiderMan
04-29-2005, 10:17 AM
That I have never heard of these people. Like most "pop culture" fad shows, this one will come and go without my seeing one episode. I've got better things to do /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

SpiderMan

Wally_in_Cincy
04-29-2005, 10:20 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SpiderMan:</font><hr> That I have never heard of these people. Like most "pop culture" fad shows, this one will come and go without my seeing one episode. I've got better things to do /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

SpiderMan <hr /></blockquote>

I watched 5 minutes of this drivel one time then I turned my vcr on so I could watch the previous night's episode of Survivor I taped while I was at Thursday pool league /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

now that's a good show /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Wally &lt;~~ thinks Steph is the bomb

Cueless Joey
04-29-2005, 10:50 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SpiderMan:</font><hr> That I have never heard of these people. Like most "pop culture" fad shows, this one will come and go without my seeing one episode. I've got better things to do /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

You're missing out bud. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
AI beats The Gong Show imo. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

eg8r
04-29-2005, 10:55 AM
Vonzell is definitely a better performer, no doubt. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif I just think she is too limited. To me, this is the problem I think the past two winners have had.

This is the only reality show that I watch. After the first season, I have Tivo'd every episode since. I got so tired of watching a commercial every 2 minutes. I generally skip all the shows till they get down to the top 10, I really don't care to see all the horrible performances up until that point. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

eg8r
04-29-2005, 10:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Hell, if Ashley Simpson can have her own tv show and album, Carrie can have her own 24-hour tv show. <hr /></blockquote> I think Ashley Simpson is the perfect example of Zero talent. The girl cannot hold a note, and she just looks ridiculous jumping around.

eg8r

Wally_in_Cincy
04-29-2005, 11:01 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr>
...I really don't care to see all the horrible performances up until that point. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

<hr /></blockquote>

so you missed this guy?

http://wizbangblog.com/images/williamhung.jpg

landshark77
04-29-2005, 11:04 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr> I think Ashley Simpson is the perfect example of Zero talent. The girl cannot hold a note, and she just looks ridiculous jumping around.

eg8r <hr /></blockquote>

Whoa there. This may be the wierdest thing for me, but I really kinda like Ashley...I think she's cool. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif She is the reason I wear those silly little jelly braclets again. But then again, I am pretty lame.

SpiderMan
04-29-2005, 11:12 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Cueless Joey:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote SpiderMan:</font><hr> That I have never heard of these people. Like most "pop culture" fad shows, this one will come and go without my seeing one episode. I've got better things to do /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

You're missing out bud. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
AI beats The Gong Show imo. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
<hr /></blockquote>
Never saw that one either. The living-room sofa just isn't my idea of "reality".

Last time my parents visited, my dad asked how to turn on the TV and I couldn't remember. Fixed that problem, though - I sold the TV last fall /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

SpiderMan

9 Ball Girl
04-29-2005, 11:25 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote PQQLK9:</font><hr> I'm pulling for Scott. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif <hr /></blockquote> Why Is Scott Still On Idol? (http://www.nypost.com/entertainment/43170.htm)

Wally_in_Cincy
04-29-2005, 11:52 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote landshark77:</font><hr> She is the reason I wear those silly little jelly braclets again. <hr /></blockquote>

don't wear a purple one

eg8r
04-29-2005, 01:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
She is the reason I wear those silly little jelly braclets again. But then again, I am pretty lame. <hr /></blockquote> You are too hard on yourself. You like how they look, so keep wearing them. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif As far as Ashley being cool, that could be true, but that still does not mean she has one ounce of singing talent. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

eg8r

Cueless Joey
04-29-2005, 02:32 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote PQQLK9:</font><hr> I'm pulling for Scott. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif <hr /></blockquote> Why Is Scott Still On Idol? (http://www.nypost.com/entertainment/43170.htm) <hr /></blockquote>
Paula Abdul was a rock STAR?
Hell, she couldn't hold a note in a bucket.
Even when her sneezes are off key.
Her coughs are prolly pitchy too.

Fran Crimi
04-29-2005, 05:03 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote PQQLK9:</font><hr> I'm pulling for Scott. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif <hr /></blockquote>

I get a kick out of the surprised look on Scott's face every week when he doesn't get eliminated. I think he's genuinely shocked that he's got so many fans. Makes me want to root for him too, but I think Bo will take it down in the end.

Fran

9 Ball Girl
04-30-2005, 09:32 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fran Crimi:</font><hr> I get a kick out of the surprised look on Scott's face every week when he doesn't get eliminated. I think he's genuinely shocked that he's got so many fans. Makes me want to root for him too, but I think Bo will take it down in the end. <hr /></blockquote>

Supposedly, Scott's getting his votes from www.votefortheworst.com (http://www.votefortheworst.com)